What Are The Uses Of Scutellaria baicalensis?
Scutellaria baicalensis is also known as Chinese skullcap. It is used both as an ornamental plant as well as a medicinal plant. It:
- Treats arthritis, allergies like hay fever, asthma, dysentery, common cold, irritability, diarrhea, urinary tract infections, gout (defective metabolism of uric acid causing arthritis), psoriasis, vaginal bleeding, nosebleed, redness of eye and face, jaundice, high cholesterol levels, diabetes and inflammatory skin disease.
- Prevents heart disease, cancer like bladder and liver cancers.
- Prevents premature aging
- Reduces stress, improves memory, circulation, brain health
What Are The Side Effects Of Scutellaria baicalensis?
Scutellaria baicalensis is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Drowsiness, lung inflammation
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Scutellaria baicalensis?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug Scutellaria baicalensis or any other allergies.
Liver disease, Hypertension, alcohol abuse