What Are The Uses Of Selegiline?
Selegiline is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Symptoms of Parkinson’s disease like stiffness, unsteadiness, tremor (shaking), slowed movement.
- Major depressive disorder (depression)
It is usually given in a combination of other medicines like levodopa and carbidopa.
What Are The Side Effects Of Selegiline?
Some common side effects that may be caused by the administration of selegiline are:
- Nausea, diarrhea
- Insomnia, confusion
- Increased involuntary movements
- Agitation, hypertension
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Selegiline?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug selegiline or any other allergies.
- Pheochromocytoma (adrenal gland tumor)
- Stroke, heart attack, congestive heart failure
- Liver disease, bleeding problems
- Peptic ulcer, headache (severe or frequently occurring)
- Diabetes, hypertension
Bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, hyperthyroidism