What Are The Uses Of Sesame seeds?
Sesame seeds contain up to 20% protein and 55% oil, and minerals and vitamins. It is a high source of essential amino acids and fatty acids. Some of the health benefits of sesame seeds given below. Sesame:
- Lowers high cholesterol, hypertension, protects heart health
- Balances hormones, improves sexual desire
- Fights cancer
- Reduces obesity
- Boosts nutrients absorption
- Reduces the swelling and pain associated with arthritis
- Supports a healthy colon and digestive system
- Prevents asthma and other respiratory diseases
- Boosts bone health, oral health (removes dental plaques)
- Nullifies the effects of alcohol, reduces anxiety
- Nourishes various organs including eyes
- Has anti-inflammatory properties, antibacterial and antiviral properties
- Is full of antioxidants and keeps skin healthy, treats sunburns
- Sesame oil support hair growth, fights scalps diseases
What Are The Side Effects Of Sesame seeds?
Sesame seeds are usually safe when taken in limited quantities. An overdose can cause obesity, burning sensation in the stomach, skin rash and diarrhea.
Please consult your doctor if any of the above symptoms persist for long.
What Are The Contraindications Of Sesame seeds?