What Are The Uses Of Silica?
Silica is one of the most important minerals needed by our body. It is given as supplement as it:
- Protects bones and helps in bone-building.
- Improves bone flexibility
- Used a part of the treatment of osteopenia (a condition where the body doesn’t make new bones), osteoporosis, and age-related bone loss.
- Repairs bones in case of bone dislocation, broken or fractured bones and pulled a hamstring.
- Strengthens connective tissues of brains, nerve cells, and spinal cord.
- Prevents memory loss.
- Heals brittle bones, teeth, hair and nails.
- Reduces aging and wrinkles.
What Are The Side Effects Of Silica?
Silica is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Excessive urination
- Kidney stones
- Loss of vitamins in the body, if used for a long time
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Silica?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug silica or any other allergies.
- Low potassium levels in blood