What Are The Uses Of Sodium lactate?
Sodium lactate is a natural salt derived from lactic acid.it has an important role in medicine and cosmetic industry as it:
- Prevents or controls mild to moderate metabolic acidosis
- Has good moisturizing nature hence used in liquid soaps, shampoos, and creams
- Treats arrhythmias (irregular heartbeat), hypertension due to pressor sympathomimetics (drugs used to treat cardiac problems)
What Are The Side Effects Of Sodium lactate?
Some side effects that may be caused due to the administration of sodium lactate are:
- Skin irritation, eye irritation
- Lung irritation (respiratory tract irritation)
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Sodium lactate?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug sodium lactate or any other allergies.
- Hyperlactatemia (high levels of lactate in blood)
- Hypercalcaemia (high levels of calcium in blood)
- Metabolic alkalosis ascitic cirrhosis (chronic liver damage)
- Severe kidney problems