What Are The Uses Of Spironolactone?
Spironolactone is used for treating:
- Edema (swelling) caused By conditions like congestive heart failure, liver cirrhosis or nephrotic syndrome.
- Hypokalaemia (low potassium in blood)
- Sever heart failure
What Are The Side Effects Of Spironolactone?
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Dry mouth
- Dizziness, nausea
- Erectile dysfunction
- Drowsiness, tiredness
- Ringing in ears (in case of overdose)
What Are The Contraindications Of Spironolactone?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Liver disease
- Kidney disease
- Abnormally low or high minerals in body
- Decreased adrenal gland function