What Are The Uses Of Tacrolimus?
Tacrolimus is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- To prevent rejection of transplant ( liver, kidney etc) organs by the immune system of the body.
What Are The Side Effects Of Tacrolimus?
The common side effects of tacrolimus are:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Shaking, stomach upset, loss of appetite
- Tingling of hands/feet
- Trouble sleeping
Sometimes severe (but less common) side effects are:
- Mental / mood changes, tiredness
- Signs of kidney infection
- Hearing problems, pounding heartbeat
- Easy bleeding
- Severe abdominal pain
- Seizures, vision changes
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Tacrolimus?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug tacrolimus or any other allergies.
- Kidney dialysis, liver problems
- Mineral imbalance, current infections
- Diabetes, cancer
- High blood pressure