What Are The Uses Of Temozolomide?
Temozolomide is an oral chemotherapy drug and an alkylating agent. Used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Brain cancer
- Astrocytoma as second-line treatment
- Glioblastoma as first-line treatment (aggressive cancer that begins in the brain)
What Are The Side Effects Of Temozolomide?
Some common side effects that are caused by the administration of temozolomide are:
- Bruising, skin rash
- Nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite
- Dizziness, insomnia, weakness
- Low white blood cell count
- A headache, tiredness, diarrhea
- Temporary loss of hair
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Temozolomide?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug temozolomide or any other allergies.
- Liver/ kidney disease
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding