What Are The Uses Of Terazosin?
Terazosin is a selective alpha-1 agonist (alpha blockers) which relaxes blood vessels and facilitates blood flow. It is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Hypertension (high blood pressure), thus preventing heart attacks, strokes and kidney problems.
- Urination problems in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) (enlarged prostate).
What Are The Side Effects Of Terazosin?
Some common side effects that may occur after taking terazosin are:
- Lightheadedness, blurred vision
- Dizziness, tiredness
- Stuffy nose, nausea, headache
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Terazosin?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug terazosin or any other allergies.
- Cataract, glaucoma
- Hypotension, problem of fainting