What Are The Uses Of Testosterone?
Testosterone, a naturally occurring sex hormone, is produced in men's testicles. In women's ovaries and adrenal system also, a small amount of testosterone is produced.
Testosterone is used in men/ boys to treat conditions caused by lack of it, like:
Testosterone injection is also used in women to treat breast cancer that has spread to other parts of the body.
What Are The Side Effects Of Testosterone?
Some of the side-effects of testosterone may be:
- Breast swelling
- increased facial or body hair growth
- Male-pattern baldness
- Increased or decreased interest in sex
- Numbness or tingly feeling
- Pain/ swelling where the medicine was injected (if used in injection form).
What Are The Contraindications Of Testosterone?
- Prostate cancer
- Male breast cancer
- Severe kidney disease
- A serious heart condition
- Severe liver disease
- If you are pregnant or may become pregnant.