What Are The Uses Of Tizanidine?
Tizanidine is used for the treatment of spasms, cramping, and tightness of muscles caused by medical problems such as:
- Multiple sclerosis (degeneration of central and spinal cord cells)
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (death of neurons which controls voluntary actions)
- Back pain
- Certain other injuries of spine and central nervous system
What Are The Side Effects Of Tizanidine?
Tizanidine may cause mild side effects like:
- Dizziness or drowsiness
- Feeling nervous or anxious
- Numbness or tingling
- Stomach pain, constipation or diarrhea, vomiting
- Fever, dry mouth & throat
- Muscle weakness and excessive sweating.
Tizanidine may lead to some less common, but severe side effects such as hallucinations, confusion, unusual thoughts or behaviour, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin, eyes & urine), painful urination, fainting and slow heart rate.
What Are The Contraindications Of Tizanidine?
Tizanidine should be taken with caution in liver disease, kidney disease and low blood pressure.
You should avoid Tizanidine if you are allergic to it, or if you are taking fluvoxamine (antidepressant) and ciprofloxacin (antibiotic).