What Are The Uses Of Tolterodine?
It is used for the treatment of urinary incontinence (involuntary leakage of urine). It works by decreasing the muscle spasm of the bladder and thus reduces the urge to urinate.
It is beneficial in the treatment of overactive bladder especially in older adults.
What Are The Side Effects Of Tolterodine?
Some of the common side-effects may be:
- Dry mouth, dry skin
- Chest pain
- Abdominal pain
- Constipation, diarrhoea
- Abnormal vision, dry eyes
- Urinary retention.
Allergic reactions may be seen in some patients such as:
- Hives, swelling, difficulty breathing.
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occurs:
- Chest pain, abnormal heart rate
- Painful or difficulty in urination
What Are The Contraindications Of Tolterodine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- Renal or hepatic impairment
- Bladder flow obstructions
- GI obstructive disorders
- Myasthenia gravis( weakness in the skeletal muscles)
- Severe ulcerative colitis
- Urinary retention
- Gastric retention
- Uncontrolled narrow-angle glaucoma