What Are The Uses Of Torasemide?
It is used to treat edema (accumulation of excessive fluid in body tissues) in people with congestive heart failure, liver disease, or a kidney disorder such as nephrotic syndrome.
It helps in preventing your body from absorbing too much salt by allowing the excess salt to pass out through urine.
At low doses it works in the management of hypertension aslo.
What Are The Side Effects Of Torasemide?
Some of the common side-effects may be:
- Dizziness, headache,
- nausea, weakness, vomiting,
- Hyperglycemia (increase in sugar level of blood)
- Hyperuricemia (increase in bile acid)
- hypokalemia (decrease in potassium level)
- Excessive thirst
Consult your doctor if you observe any of the following rare but serious side effects:
- Ringing in your ears
- Sudden hearing loss
- Feeling very thirsty
- Sudden numbness or weakness
- Sudden severe headache
- High blood sugar
- Weight loss
What Are The Contraindications Of Torasemide?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Absence of Urine Formation
- Decreased Blood Volume
- High Amount of Uric Acid in the Blood
- Renal impairment, Gout
- Hepatic impairment