What Are The Uses Of Trastuzumab?
Trastuzumab is a monoclonal antibody used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Breast cancer, stomach cancer
- Tumours that produce more than the normal amount of HER2 protein.
What Are The Side Effects Of Trastuzumab?
Some common side effects that may be caused due to the administration of trastuzumab are:
- Injection site reactions such as pain / swelling / redness / irritation
- Vomiting, stomach/abdominal pain
- Joint/muscle/back pain
- Mouth sores, trouble sleeping
- Nausea, loss of appetite
- Temporary loss of hair
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Trastuzumab?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug trastuzumab or any other allergies.
- Current infections
- Hypertension, lung problems
- Previous radiation therapy
- Heart diseases, herpes shingles (viral infection)