What Are The Uses Of Trazodone?
Trazodone is an atypical antidepressant, anti-anxiety and hypotonic drug belonging to serotonin antagonist and reuptake inhibitor (SARI) class used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Depression by improving mood, energy levels and decrease anxiety and insomnia (sleeplessness) related to depression.
What Are The Side Effects Of Trazodone?
Some common side effects that may occur after taking trazodone are:
- Vomiting, blurred vision
- Tiredness, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness
- Drowsiness, headache
- Changes in weight, dry mouth, muscle ache/pain
- Constipation, stuffy nose, bad taste in mouth
- Decreased interest in sex
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Trazodone?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug trazodone or any other allergies.
- Bipolar disorder
- Heart diseases like heart attack and irregular heartbeat
- Blood pressure, glaucoma (close-angle type)
- History of suicidal attempts