What Are The Uses Of Triamcinolone?
It is normally used externally as topical solution. Triamcinolone is popularly used in treatment of
- Fungal infections
- Lichen scleroses (thin, patchy and white skin)
- Ulcerative colitis (infection of colon and rectum)
- Lupus (inflammation of skin)
- Sympathetic ophthalmia/ Uveitis (inflammation of eye)
- Temporal arteritis (inflammation of arteries)
- Urushiol-induced contact dermatitis
- Aphthous ulcers (mouth ulcers at the base of gums)
- Prevention of asthma attacks (in form of inhalation)
What Are The Side Effects Of Triamcinolone?
Mild side effects may include.
- Skin redness, burning
- Itching, irritation
- Excessive dryness
- Peeling, thinning of skin
- Blistering skin
- Stretch marks
Consult doctor if you experience below mentioned severe side effects:
- Blurred vision, seeing halos around lights
- Uneven heartbeats
- Mood changes
- Sleep problems (insomnia)
- Weight gain
- Puffiness in your face
What Are The Contraindications Of Triamcinolone?
It is contraindicated in following medical conditions.