What Are The Uses Of Trifolium pratense?
Trifolium pretense is an herbaceous plant that belongs to bean family. It is also called as red clover. It is a fodder crop and efficiently fixes nitrogen in the soil. Also used as medicine as it:
- Acts as a sedative, anti-inflammatory agent, anti-dermatosis, expectorant, and de-obstruent.
- Treats human maladies, symptoms of menopause, cough, and disorders of the lymphatic system, psoriasis, eczema, osteoporosis, whooping cough, asthma, cold, tuberculosis
- Reduces hot flashes, high estrogen levels in the blood, high blood pressure.
- Reduces acne, rash, burns, sore eyes
What Are The Side Effects Of Trifolium pratense?
Trifolium pratense is usually safe, but in some cases, it may cause side effects such as:
- Muscle ache, rash
- Slow blood clotting, headache
- Nausea, vaginal bleeding in women
- Weight gain, breast tenderness
- Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Trifolium pratense?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards Trifolium pretense or any other allergies.
- Any bleeding disorder
- Hormone-sensitive conditions