What Are The Uses Of Trihexiphenidyl?
It is used for the treatment of:
- Parkinson's disease.
- Involuntary (unwillingly done movements) movements due to the side effects of certain psychiatric drugs.
It acts by blocking certain nerve impulses and relaxing certain muscles.
What Are The Side Effects Of Trihexiphenidyl?
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Nausea, and constipation
- Abdominal pain or discomfort,
- Tachycardia (increased heart beat) or heart palpitations
- Vertigo, headache, and dizziness
- Mydriasis (dilation of the pupil of eye)
In rare cases allergic reactions may occur.
What Are The Contraindications Of Trihexiphenidyl?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy or planning for pregnancy or breast feeding
- Obstructive diseases of the urogenital tract
- Narrow angle glaucoma
- Ileus (abnormal movement of intestine)
- Intestine infection
- Abnormal heart rate
- Kidney Disease
- Difficult or Painful Urination
- Enlarged Prostate