What Are The Uses Of Tromethamine?
Tromethamine is an organic compound used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Metabolic acidosis (an electrolyte imbalance) which usually occurs after cardiac arrest (or) heart bypass surgery.
What Are The Side Effects Of Tromethamine?
Some common side effects that may occur after taking tromethamine are:
- Injection site reactions such as swelling / pain / redness / bruising
- Fever, shortness of breath, weakness
- Lightheadedness, dizziness, headache
- Fast heartbeat, irritability
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Tromethamine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug tromethamine or any other allergies.
- Uremia (circulation of urea in blood), urinating problems
- Asthma, congestive heart failure, kidney disease