What Are The Uses Of Valacyclovir?
Valacyclovir is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Viral infections in children
- Cold sores around mouth
- Outbreak of genital herpes
What Are The Side Effects Of Valacyclovir?
The common side effects of valacyclovir are:
Sometimes severe ( but less common) side effects are:
- Signs of kidney problems
- Mental/mood changes
- Unsteady movements, trouble speaking
- Yellowing of eyes/skin
- Seizures, sudden vision changes
- Loss of consciousness
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Valacyclovir?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug valacyclovir or any other allergies.
- Kidney disease