What Are The Uses Of Vinorelbine?
Vinorelbine is a chemotherapy medication given for the treatment of various types of cancers like:
- Metastatic breast cancer
- Non–small–cell lung cancer
- Rhabdomyosarcoma (cancer of soft tissue like muscles)
What Are The Side Effects Of Vinorelbine?
Some side effects that may be caused by the administration of vinorelbine are:
- Pain/swelling/itching at injection site.
- Bone marrow suppression, tiredness
- Diarrhoea, vomiting
- Numbness, temporary hair loss
- Anaemia, constipation
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Vinorelbine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug vinorelbine or any other allergies.
- Any current infection, decreased bone marrow function
- Low white blood cell count
- Stomach/intestinal problems like blockages