What Are The Uses Of Vitamin D2?
Vitamin D2 is an essential vitamin for bone health. It:
- Promotes bone health, absorption of calcium.
- Treats osteoporosis, osteomalacia, and psoriasis.
- Reduces high blood pressure, a risk of diabetes, chances of rheumatoid arthritis, heart attacks, and multiple sclerosis.
- Boosts elasticity of the skin, clears acne, enhance the radiance of skin, and prevents premature aging.
- Prevents preeclampsia, abnormal multiplication of cancer cells.
- Improves eye sight of children
- Boosts immune system.
What Are The Side Effects Of Vitamin D2?
Vitamin D2 is usually safe, but an over dose may cause:
- Drowsiness, nausea
- Dry mouth
- Muscle (or) bone pain
- Itchy skin
- Weight loss
- Metallic taste in mouth
- Severe pain in stomach spreading to one's back.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Vitamin D2?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug vitamin D2 or any other allergies.
- High levels of calcium in blood (hypercalcemia)
- Malabsorption (trouble in absorption of nutrients by body)
- Heart disease, coronary artery disease
- Kidney disease
- An electrolyte imbalance