What Are The Uses Of Zotepine?
Zotepine is primarily used for the treatment of symptoms of schizophrenia. It was also proved that zotepine may also be used to treat acute bipolar disorder as it can also act as an antimanic agent.
What Are The Side Effects Of Zotepine?
Some of the side effects that may be caused by the administration of zotepine are:
- Hypotension (low blood pressure), palpitations
- Hyperprolactinaemia, tachycardia, weight gain
- Constipation, dry mouth, anxiety, blurred vision
- Acne, dyspepsia, cough, sexual dysfunction
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
What Are The Contraindications Of Zotepine?
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug zotepine or any other allergies.
- Urinary retention
- Narrow-angle glaucoma
- Hypotension, convulsions
- Cardiac arrhythmia, alcohol abuse, gout, neuroblastoma