AB FLO CAPSULE has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of AB FLO CAPSULE
Primary uses of Theophylline are in respiratory diseases like:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Infant apnea (breathing problem in premature infant)
- Bronchitis (inflammation of the bronchial tubes)
- Emphysema (damaged and enlarged sac of lungs).
Side Effects Of AB FLO CAPSULE
Theophylline can cause mild side effects like stomach pain, diarrhoea, upset stomach, headache, sweating, sleep problems (insomnia), feeling restless & nervous.
Severe, but less common, side effects of Theophylline includes following complications:
- Severe or continued vomiting
- Sporadic heartbeats
- Seizure (convulsions)
- Tremors or shaking;
- Low potassium
- High blood sugar
Contraindications Of AB FLO CAPSULE
Contraindications Of Salt: Theophylline
Theophylline is contraindicated in medical conditions such as liver problems, unknown toxicity, overactive thyroid gland, high blood pressure, heart attack & chronic heart failure and stomach ulceration.
Do not take Theophylline if you are addict of tobacco, cannabis and alcohol. These substances may show some reactions with Theophylline.
- Asthma is a chronic inflammatory condition of the airways in the lungs. Asthma can either be allergic (most common) or non-allergic.
- Allergic asthma is due to an allergic response known as a type 1 hypersensitivity reaction. People with asthma’s airways are hypersensitive to certain triggers. The allergic reaction causes narrowing of the small airways and leads to "air trapping" (known as an obstructive airway disease)
- There are different types of asthma- childhood onset asthma (usually before the age of 5), adult-onset asthma, exercise-induced asthma and aspirin induced asthma. Some asthma is known as seasonal asthma and occurs only at certain times of the year, usually with the changing of seasons such as during autumn or spring.
- Asthma is diagnosed with lung function tests. A spirometer or a PEFM (Peak Expiratory Flow Meter) is used in conjunction with a bronchodilator. The meter is used to assess your lung function before and after inhaling a fast-acting bronchodilator. A diagnosis of asthma is made when there is an improvement in lung function of more than 20% (PEFM) or more than 12%(when using a spirometer) after the bronchodilator is inhaled.
- Asthma is diagnosed when a patient has suggestive symptoms and a positive bronchodilator test.
Symptoms Treated With AB FLO CAPSULE
What Are The Symptoms Of Asthma
- Symptoms of asthma are typically a wheezy or "tight" chest, shortness of breath and recurrent or persistent coughing that is worse at night and early mornings. Coughing or tight chest are often also present after exercise.
- Exercise-induced asthma typically only produces symptoms after exercise.
Causes of diseases where AB FLO CAPSULE is used
What Are The Causes Of Asthma
- Mostly asthma starts in childhood and is often outgrown in early adulthood. Some asthmatics may, however, need treatment lifelong.
- Asthma has a strong genetic component and is part of the so-called "atopic triad" in childhood which includes allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis (eczema) and asthma.
- Early insult to a child's lungs such as neonatal pneumonia or bronchitis may play a role in developing asthma later.
- People with asthma have individual triggers. These triggers are commonly sensitivities to house-dust mites, grass, pollen, animal dander, dairy, wheat, nuts and soy products. Chest infections, cold air or air pollution can also trigger an attack.
- Adult onset starts in the early twenties. There is speculation about possible causes; genetics, smoking and a history of allergies seem to play the biggest part. It affects females more than males.
- Asthma can be caused/ triggered due to any of the following reasons:
1. Airborne substances like pollen, dust mites, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste.
2. Respiratory infections such as common cold
3. Exercise-induced asthma
4. Cold air
5. Air pollutants like smoke
6. Certain medications including beta blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen
7. Strong emotions, stress
8. Foods which contain Sulphites and preservatives
9. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Asthma is a combination of environmental and genetic factors, as many people live in same conditions. Still, some people get asthma and some don’t.
Worst Foods With AB FLO CAPSULE
What Are The Worst Foods For Asthma
- Foods with preservatives added to them
- Wine, beer
- Eggs (for children, as some children are allergic to eggs)
- Excessive salt in food
- Oily, fatty foods
Do's With Usage of AB FLO CAPSULE
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Asthma
- Identify your asthma triggers and avoid them.
- Always cover yourself fully (especially chest, feet and ears) before going out in cold weather.
- Avoid exercises beyond your physical stamina. Do not over exert.
- Always wear pollution mask if you are staying in high pollution area.
- If asthma is hampering your day to day activities, pl. consult your doctor as he might change your medication.
- Wash your bed sheets and pillow covers every week in hot water to get rid of dust mites.
- Reduce stress.·
- Consult your general practitioner or paediatrician early if your child shows symptoms of asthma. Asthma can be potentially life-threatening, especially in an acute episode.
- Make sure your asthma is controlled. Follow-up with your doctor six months to review and adjust your treatment is necessary. If your asthma is well controlled, your doctor may consider tapering down your treatment.
- Consider doing an allergy test- blood or skin prick. If you have allergic asthma, it will be helpful to know what the triggers are and how to avoid them
Dont's With Usage Of AB FLO CAPSULE
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Asthma
- Avoid pets.
- Remove carpets and soft toys from the room of your child as these accumulate dust, dust mites which trigger an asthma attack.
- Avoid dampness in the house. Let fresh air come in. Keep all areas of your house dry.
- Do not smoke, avoid being close to people who smoke.
- Avoid burning of incense (Pooja agarbatti) at home, since it triggers an asthma attack.
- Avoid going to kitchen when food is being cooked, especially frying etc.·
- Do not delay seeking treatment when you suspect to have a chest infection. Because your airways are hyper reactive, an infection can easily trigger an acute asthma attack.
- Do not leave your house without your reliever pump or allow your medication to run out. An acute episode can occur at any time and may be fatal.
- Do not smoke if you have asthma or smoke around your child who has asthma. Passive smoking's effects are just as harmful.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfAB FLO CAPSULE
What Are The Tips For Asthma
Having a nebuliser at home will be helpful for acute asthmatic episodes.