ACAMPTAS 333 has the following salts in its composition
1) Acamprosate 2) Calcium
Uses Of ACAMPTAS 333
Acamprosate, a neurotransmitter balancer, is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Alcohol dependence by restoring the balance of chemicals in the brain. This drug is used along with counselling.
Side Effects Of ACAMPTAS 333
The most common side effects of Acamprosate are:
- Nausea / vomiting / dizziness.
- Loss of appetite / stomach pain / gas / constipation.
- Drowsiness / fatigue.
- Muscle/joint pain.
- Weight gain (or) loss.
Sometimes severe ( but rare) side effects are:
- Mental / mood changes such as suicidal tendencies (or) depression.
- Kidney problems (urination).
- Vision changes.
- Fast (or) pounding heartbeat.
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of ACAMPTAS 333
Contraindications Of Salt: Acamprosate
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Acamprosate or any other allergies.
- Kidney impairment.
Alcohol withdrawal is generally known as Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome (AWS). It is characterized by some typical symptoms when a heavy and regular drinker suddenly reduces or stops the alcohol consumption.
Symptoms Treated With ACAMPTAS 333
After six hours of alcohol withdrawal, the symptoms may start to appear. The drinker can be associated with at least two signs of the following:
- Tremors, Anxiety
- Nausea, Vomiting
- A headache, Increased Heart Rate, High Blood Pressure
- Irritability, confusion, insomnia
The acute Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome is termed as Delirium Tremens (DT). Some of its symptoms are as follows:
- Extreme confusion, extreme agitation
- Fever, Seizures
- Tactile hallucinations, where a person can experience a sense of burning, itching, or numbness that isn’t actually happening.
- Auditory hallucinations, where a person can hear peculiar sounds that don’t exist in reality.
- Visual hallucinations or viewing images that don’t exist.
Causes of diseases where ACAMPTAS 333 is used
Excessive drinking can irritate and excite the nervous system. If a person drinks on a regular basis, then his/her body starts depending on the alcohol day by day. Gradually, the central nervous system becomes alcohol dependent and then it can’t adapt itself to the lack of alcohol environment easily. If a person suddenly reduces or stops drinking the amount of alcohol he/she used to consume regularly, then the Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome can happen.
Worst Foods With ACAMPTAS 333
- Sugar: Sugar is responsible for enhancing the depression.
- Artificial Sweeteners: Artificial sweeteners can elevate the risk of depression and bad for the mental well-being.
- Alcohol: Alcohol works as a depressant that means the central nervous system’s working order can get depressed for alcohol.
- Hydrogenated oil: Hydrogenated oil is linked with depression. Foods with this oil are margarine, packaged snacks, baked foods, etc.
- Fast Food: It can affect one’s mental well-being. Such foods are burgers, pizzas, etc.
- Trans Fats: Trans fats can increase the risk of depression. Such foods are pies, cookies, doughnuts, cakes, chips, etc.
- High-Sodium Foods: They are directly connected to depression.
- Coffee: Coffee can increase the existing anxiety.
Do's With Usage of ACAMPTAS 333
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Alcohol withdrawal
- Sometimes, the heavy drinkers can suffer from malnutrition. So, regular consumption of healthy diet is important.
- Regular sufficient sleep is important in order to overcome the side effects of Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome.
- If any of the symptoms stated above start to arise, take him/her for a medical check-up as soon as possible.
- Your mental support and motivation will help him/her to overcome this situation.
Dont's With Usage Of ACAMPTAS 333
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Alcohol withdrawal
- Don’t be afraid or anxious too much.
- Do not stop alcohol suddenly, if you have been a heavy drinker. Reduce the intake slowly. The more preferred thing is to get rid of alcoholism under doctor’s supervision.
- Don’t leave them alone for a longer time.
- Don’t neglect the symptoms.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfACAMPTAS 333
The Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome should not be taken too lightly. Proper medication and a balanced diet are important to overcome this situation.