ALANZ TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Trypsin 2) Rutoside 3) Bromelain
Uses Of ALANZ TABLET
Trypsin topical is used for Wound healing and cleansing.
It helps in removing dead tissues from wounds, thus improving the healing. It is commonly used for treatment of inflammation, infections associated with surgery wounds and injuries.
Trypsin oral (in combination with certain other medicines) is used for managing osteoArthritis.
Rutoside (also called Rutin) is mostly found in fruits like apple, berries. More than 100 fruits are rich in rutoside. It has antioxidant properties and has been found useful in the treatment of following conditions:
The above list is only indicative, not exhaustive.
It is an enzyme extracted from pineapples used to treat the inflammations, especially of nose or sinuses.
It is also possibly helpful in treating following conditions:
Side Effects Of ALANZ TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Trypsin
Trypsin is usually safe when applied on skin.
Not enough information is available in side effects when taken orally.
Side Effects Of Salt: Rutoside
Rutoside is mostly safe. In very few cases may cause some side effects such as:
- Flushing, rashes
- Stomach upset, headache
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side Effects Of Salt: Bromelain
Generally, no severe side effects are observed if Bromelain is taken as per indicated by the doctor in the appropriate amount.
In rare case following of the side effects are observed:
- Heavy menstrual bleeding
Contraindications Of ALANZ TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Trypsin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Bleeding disorder
- Hepatic disorders, renal disorders
- Menorrhagia (heavy bleeding during mensuration)
- Haematuria (blood in urine)
- Hematemesis (blood in vomiting)
Contraindications Of Salt: Rutoside
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug rutoside or any other allergies.
Contraindications Of Salt: Bromelain
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- Allergy to pineapples.
- Osteoarthritis (OA) is also known as degenerative joint disease, degenerative arthritis is a chronic condition that can harm any join. However, the most likely affected parts are knees, hips, lower back, and neck, small joints of the fingers, thumb and the big toes’ base.
A kind of injury that is caused by various factors like an accident, surgery and certain diseases is called a wound. The skin may get punctured, cut, or torn to form a wound.
Wounds are classified into five categories, which depend upon their causes.
- Abrasion: When skin is scraped or rubbed against a hard or rough surface, Abrasion is caused. An example of an abrasion is a road rash. Not much of bleeding is there in abrasion, but one must get the wound scrubbed, and cleaned, to abstain from any infection.
- Incision: Incision is caused by a pointed or sharp object, like a razor blade, broken piece of glass, and knife. Incision causes a lot of bleeding. An incision, which is deep can cause damage to muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
- Laceration: A deep and rooted tear, or cut in the skin is called laceration. Accidental cuts with machines, tools, or knife may cause a laceration. In this, wound bleed extensively, and rapidly.
- Puncture: A small hole may be caused by a pointed, long object, like an ice pick, needles, or nail is called puncture. Even a bullet shot can result in a puncture wound. This wound is enough deep to impair the body’s internal organs, though may not bleed that much. A Puncture wound may need an immediate expert vigilance. In some cases, even tetanus is required to prevent the infection.
- Avulsion: An Avulsion is an extreme form of a wound. In this, the skin may tear away completely, or partially. This wound may occur at the time of a vicious accident like a gunshot, explosion, or body-crushing accidents. These wounds may bleed rapidly, and heavily.
Varicose is also known as varicosities, and it is a very common condition that occurs in almost 25 percent of adults all over the world. Backflow of blood occurs generally due to damaged valves. Whenever the veins get dilated or enlarged, they fill up with blood and look swollen. They generally are seen in legs and feet of people. Varicose veins are more common among women than men. It is a chronic issue which means it can last for the lifetime and cause a lot of pain whenever they occur.
Burns are the most common household injuries, particularly among the children. Burns is associated with the burning sensation as well as injuries. It can involve severe skin damage that can cause the cells of the affected skin to die. Many people generally recover from burn injury without any serious health problems, but it is dependent on the cause associated with the burn, its depth, its location as well as the degree of injury. The serious burns need an immediate emergency reach to the hospital and appropriate medical supervision in order to prevent the further complications and death.
There are basically three types of burns and they are first-degree, second-degree, and third-degree burn. Generally, each degree is dependent on the damage severity to the skin. The first-degree burn is considered as the most minor, on the other hand, the third-degree burn as the most severe. The damages, associated with these three types of burns, are as follows:
First-degree burns: In this case, the patients’ skin will become red and blisters are not developed after burning. This type of burn is actually regarded as the superficial that may cause a local inflammation on the skin. An example of such kind of burn is sunburn. The burning sensation is characterized by redness, pain, and a little amount of swelling. The skin may become very tender for touching.
Second- degree burns: It is associated with blistering and thickening of the skin. Second-degree burns are associated with more skin damage, inflammation, redness, and pain than the first degree burns.
Third-degree burns: It is associated with the widespread thickness along with a leathery and white appearance. Third-degree burns are associated with killing the affected area of the skin. The blood vessels and nerves will get damaged and so this type of burns appears to be leathery and white. Third-degree burns may be relatively painless.
There is also another type of burn that is known as fourth-degree burns. It is associated with all the symptoms and signs involved with the third-degree burn and it also extends the skin damage by showing the tendons and bones.
Burns is associated with the fluid accumulation as well as inflammation inside and around the wound. Skin is regarded as the first defence of the body against the harmful infection caused by the various microorganisms and so it is very important to take a crucial care of the burning injuries.
- Obesity is defined as the build-up of excessive or abnormal fat that may spoil health. BMI (body mass index) calculated by dividing the body’s mass by the square of body height, gives a rough idea of the tissue mass in an individual and helps in categorizing the individual as being underweight, normal weight or overweight.
- Obese people are prone to cardiovascular diseases, musculoskeletal abnormalities, and various kinds of cancer. Consuming healthy foods and regular physical activities can help prevent or reduce obesity.
Sinusitis is a condition where swelling or inflammation occurs in the tissue that is covering the sinuses. Sinuses are actually air-filled spaces that surround the nasal cavity. However, during an inflammation, they get blocked and fluid accumulates that lead to the growth of microbes and causes infection.
Immunity building refers to any measures taken to assist and strengthen the body’s immune system to function optimally and to help ward off disease. Proper functioning is necessary for us to maintain ideal health.
The state in which the immune system is functioning sub-optimally is called immunodeficiency. Immunodeficiency states can have serious consequences e.g. predisposing to life-threatening infective diseases or cancer. Overfunctioning of the immune system is also common. Conditions in which the immune system over functions are hypersensitivity reactions or allergies, as well as autoimmune diseases (when the immune system recognises the body's cells as "foreign" and starts to attack them).
The immune system is intricately and very detailed in its design. The system is divided into innate and adaptive immunity. Innate immunity is the body’s first defence against external factors. These include physical defence mechanisms such as skin, mucosa and cell walls, as well as scavenger immune molecules that catch foreign particles in the blood and lymphatic streams.
It is an immediate defence mechanism and non-specific. It does not adapt over time. White blood cells called macrophages and phagocytes form part of the body’s innate system. Once the innate immune system recognises a threat to the body, these cells activate a system called the complement cascade which leads to further activation of more of the immune system's cells.
The adaptive immune system is more focused and contains antibodies that are formed after exposure to specific foreign substances called antigens. Antibodies are called immunoglobulins, and lymphocytes are the cells responsible for activation of the innate immune system.
Poor diet, fatigue, stress as well as certain substances or medications can all lead to over- or underperformance of the immune system. Organs that form part of the immune systems include your spleen, tonsils/ adenoids, lymphatic system and bone marrow.
Symptoms Treated With ALANZ TABLET
- Joint pain and stiffness are the major symptoms. Pain, decreased the range of movement, medication’s side-effects can further deteriorate the well-being. The decreased mobility due to OA in the knee or hip-joint can be a cause of diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure.
Certain symptoms accompanied with wounds are:
- Blood may ooze out from an injured part of the body.
- Redness on or around the affected area.
- Swelling or inflammation on or around injured area.
- Tenderness and pain are experienced in the wound.
- The Heat radiating out of the wound.
- Infection accompanied by a fever may be caused due to a wound.
- Immobilization of an affected area.
- Pus may be formed in an infected wound, which may smell foul as well.
The most common symptoms of varicosities are aching or pain in the area that signifies a blood circulatory issue beneath. For a few people, it is some sort of discomfort they cannot explain. For others, it is simply a cosmetic issue. Usually, the veins are seen bulging out from underneath the skin of the affected area. This happens near the legs or feet.
Sometimes portions of skin surrounding one or more veins get inflamed. Other times it could be swelling occurring in legs after sitting in a particular position for a long time. It could also get started by standing for long period of time. Even the place around the veins starts to itch at times. There will be red discoloration around the swollen/ affected veins area.
These are the most common symptoms to identify the disease is varicose veins. Other symptoms include muscle cramps or a throbbing feeling in the affected area. In most cases, there is no need for imaging or laboratory tests to confirm the disease.
What Are The Symptoms Of Burns
The signs and symptoms are different for three types of burns. So, they are described separately.
First-degree burn: First-degree burns are associated with minimal skin damage, so it is also called “superficial burns”. First-degree burns generally affect the outermost layer of the skin. Signs and symptoms involved with First-degree burns are as follows:
- Minor inflammation or swelling.
- Dry and peeling of skin after the healing.
Since this burn affects the top layer of skin, the signs and symptoms may disappear once the skin cells shed. First-degree burns usually heal within 7 to 10 days without scarring. If the burning areas are associated with foot, knee, shoulder, forearm, ankle, spine, or elbow, then a specialist should be consulted.
Second-degree burn: Second-degree burns are considered as more serious than the first-degree burns as the skin damage extends deeper than the top layer of the skin. It is associated with the skin blistering, soreness, and extreme redness. Some skin blisters may be appeared as a wet or weep. With the passing time, a thick, soft, and scab-like tissue known as fibrinous exudates can be developed over the wound.
If the burns are associated with the area of hands, face, buttocks, feet, and groin, then the emergency medical treatment should be given.
Third-degree burn: The third-degree burns are considered as the most severe burns (excluding fourth-degree burns). They cause severe damage that is extended through each and every layer of the skin. This type of burn may not be associated with any pain as the nerves get damaged. The signs and symptoms associated with third-degree burns are as follows (depending on the cause):
- Waxy and white colour.
- Dark brown colour.
- Blisters that do not develop.
- Raised and leathery texture.
What Are The Symptoms Of Obesity
- Abnormal weight
- Pot belly
What Are The Symptoms Of Sinusitis
The commonly identified symptoms of sinusitis are:
- Facial pain.
- A runny nose.
- Loss of olfaction (sense of smell).
- Severe congestion.
The commonest symptoms of ulcerative colitis include:
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Blood or mucus in stools
- Severe ulcerative colitis may present with associated systemic symptoms such as:
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
Associated autoimmune systemic manifestations may include:
- Arthritis (seronegative)
- Oral aphthous ulcers
- Skin conditions such as erythema nodosum
- Inflammatory eye conditions such as uveitis
Causes of diseases where ALANZ TABLET is used
- Aging and obesity are the most common causes, though there are many more reasons that can cause OA.
Wounds are generally caused by injuries or accidents, however, the other reasons that may cause wounds are:
- Burns due to heat, and chemical.
- Extreme temperatures like frostbite.
- Certain kind of radiations.
- Some of the health conditions that can be the cause of chronic wounds are as follows:
- Sickle Cell Anaemia.
- Chronic Osteomyelitis.
- Heart Disease.
- High Cholesterol.
- Kidney Failure.
- Bowel disorders.
- Clotting, or circulation disorders, often caused by arteriosclerosis.
- Venous Insufficiency.
- Certain inflammatory diseases that can cause wounds are:
There are several causes of varicose veins. Below are the most common reasons why people suffer from swollen veins:
- The most common causes for varicose veins are the valves in the body that allow for blood backflow. Increasing venous pressure causes the superficial veins to swell or twist. As there is not much muscular support for the top veins it causes them to become varicose.
- Reasons that could cause varicosities are standing for too long or excessive abdominal pressure. Other reasons include chronic constipation, pregnancy, obesity and also tumours. However, tumours are the most uncommon causes of varicose veins.
- Heredity is another factor why varicose veins could occur. This means that if you have a close blood relative who has this health issue then you may have this issue. So genetics also plays a role in the cause of varicose veins. The causes could also be any pressure inducing activities or conditions like pregnancy, constipation or obesity. This is because of excess pressure on the legs area.
What Are The Causes Of Burns
Burns is associated with a number of causes, such as:
- Scalding from hot or boiling liquids.
- Chemical burns
- Excessive sun exposure.
- Fires, including flames from candles, matches, and lighters.
The type of burn is not dependent on the causes associated with it. For example, scalding can cause all three types of burns. It is completely dependent on how hot the liquid is as well as the total duration it touches the skin. Electrical and chemical burns require emergency medical attention as they can seriously affect the internal organs despite the minor skin damage.
What Are The Causes Of Obesity
- The major reason that leads to over-weight or obesity is the imbalance between the calories consumed and the calories burnt. The intake of high energy foods and the sedentary lifestyles has led to the global widespread of obesity.
What Are The Causes Of Sinusitis
Causes for sinusitis are generally cited to be:
- Common cold.
- Allergic rhinitis.
- Deformed septum in the nasal cavity.
- Formation of nasal polyps.
No specific cause of ulcerative colitis has yet been identified, but numerous factors are thought to play a role:
- Genetics- higher incidence of recurrence if a family member is affected. Higher rates of infection in identical twins. No specific genomic defect could be identified up to date
- Diet- Diets high in pro-inflammatory foods such as saturated fatty acids, refined starches and alcohol are suggested to have some influence in predisposing to ulcerative colitis
- Medications- Non-Steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs), antibiotics and oral contraceptives may also play a contributory role.
- Stress- Emotional and life stressors may have some effect on ulcerative colitis, although no specific studies have been definitive. Stress is considered to be a trigger of acute flare-ups in existing disease, rather than a cause.
Worst Foods With ALANZ TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Osteoarthritis
Foods that make Osteoarthritis worse are:
- Refined carbohydrates
- Meat and Eggs
- Trans fats
What Are The Worst Foods For Wound healing
Some foods that delay or hinder the healing process of a wound may be as mentioned below:
- Nitrate-Rich Foods: Blood vessels in one’s body help the chemicals and cells to move. The movement of chemicals and cells are necessary to heal the wound. By consuming nitrate rich food, these blood vessels can get damaged. A condition known as atherosclerosis can be caused by excessive consumption of nitrate rich foods. In this case, fatty plaques can be formed in the blood vessels which can lead to the rupture of the blood vessels and can further delay the healing process. In addition to these issues, nitrate-rich foods can cause different types of bleeding disorders, heart attack, and even strokes. A few nitrate containing foods are various kinds of processed meats like bacon, deli meats, and hot dogs.
- Spices and spicy foods: Spices may add flavour to the food, but it can be proved harmful during the process of wound healing. Various spices can hinder the process of wound healing, by delaying the clot formation. Some of the spices that may cause wound healing difficult are red pepper, and black pepper
What Are The Worst Foods For Varicose veins
The patients who suffer from varicose veins must avoid certain foods as mentioned here:
- Foods containing salt: Salty foods make the blood pressure rise higher and this makes the problem start once again. Some foods that contain high quantity of salt are pickles, pizza, and canned foods. One should consider putting less salt in one’s food.
- Alcohol beverages: While studies are on to find out the link between alcohol and varicose veins, it is probably one of the worst foods to consume as it aggravates the problem. So avoid and try to stop consuming alcohol.
- Foods containing Salt BPA: Bisphenol A is also known as BPA. This works as a chemical like an oestrogen that has been linked to greater risk of swollen veins. Several canned foods are stored in plastic cans containing BPA. So check the label for Bisphenol A and avoid eating too much of such foods.
What Are The Worst Foods For Burns
Following foods should not be served to the burn patients:
Nitrate-Rich Foods: Nitrate-rich foods such as processed meats like bacon, hot dogs, and most deli meats should be avoided during burn wound healing as an excess amount of nitrates can develop a condition, called atherosclerosis in which a fatty plaque develops within the vessel and thus the vessels may be ruptured and result in decreased healing.
Spices: Spices can impede the burn wound healing functions. But, spices like turmeric and ginger may be beneficial in this regard. But, don’t forget to consult your Doctor before any consumption.
What Are The Worst Foods For Obesity
To manage overweight and obesity, following foods must be avoided:
- Sweetened beverages
- Refined grains
- Large amounts of fruit juice
- Red meat and the processed meat
- Highly processed foods
What Are The Worst Foods For Sinusitis
The food items to be avoided in the condition of sinusitis are:
- Salt or salty foods: Avoid excess salt intake as it increases water retention in inflamed tissues.
- Fried food items: These foods have higher amounts of saturated fats and cholesterol, leading to poor oxygen supply and blockage in the sinus
- Meat: It promotes inflammation and contains high levels of saturated fat.
- Dairy products: These foods increase mucous production leading to worsened condition. These include milk, cheddar cheese, pizza cheese, etc.
- Dried fruits
- High fibre foods (increased frequency of loose stools)
- Refined sugars
- Seeds and nuts, popcorn
Do's With Usage of ALANZ TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Osteoarthritis
To prevent or reduce Osteoarthritis, take care of the following:
- Manage a healthy weight
- Regular Exercise
- Avoid Joint Injuries
- Wear shoes with proper fitting, shock absorbing shoes
- Cool down after physical activities.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Wound healing
One must follow these tips to prevent, and cure wounds:
- Proper cleaning of the wound: One may clean his/her wound with flowing, clean water.
- Applying the pressure gently on the wound by using a clean sterilized bandage or a clean cloth is advised. Application of the pressure restricts the collagen to ooze out of the wound, above the skin level, as the wound heals.
- Wound Massage is advised: Gently and evenly massage the area near the wound with clean fingers. Doing this helps the collagen to break down, which further reduce the chances of scar formation or make them less noticeable.
- Get the dressing changed time to time: It is important to get the dressing changed timely either by an expert or by oneself, to avoid infection.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Varicose veins
Remember what to do so that varicose veins do not increase. The points mentioned below will help reduce varicose veins:
- Do use or wear elastic socks or compressor support stockings. This helps to reduce or give relief to the issue.
- Do wear low heeled shoes or flat shoes are even better as it helps the blood to move freely through your calf muscles. The lower legs are more relaxed in low heeled shoes.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Burns
The following things should be done immediately after burning:
- The clothes that have been soaked or burned with chemicals or hot fluids should be removed from the affected area.
- Immediately run room-temperature water or tap water over the burn. It helps to stop the burning process, reduces or prevents swelling as well as decreases the pain.
- In the case of severe burns, apply a dry and clean cloth to the affected area after it has been cooled.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Obesity
To prevent or reduce obesity, do the following:
- Regular exercise
- Consume vegetable-based oils rather than animal-based oils.
- Take adequate sleep
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Sinusitis
- Drink enough fluids.
- Use warm compresses to relieve sinus pressure and open the blockage.
- Use a humidifier to reduce the stuffiness in the nose.
- Use nasal douches or nett pots to rinse sinuses.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Ulcerative colitis
- Keep a journal of your diet. Each individual has different triggers that may predispose to developing. It is important to identify your own particular triggers, as they should be avoided.
- Hydrate and replenish electrolytes. Recurrent bouts of diarrhoea may predispose to dehydration as well as electrolyte imbalances.
- Exercise helps improve general well-being, lowers inflammation and systemic side effects. Moderation should be applied, and generally, exercise during acute flare-ups is not advised.
Dont's With Usage Of ALANZ TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Osteoarthritis
- Don’t bend knees past 90 degrees while doing half knee bends
- Avoid running on concrete.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Wound healing
Avoid certain things to heal the wounds faster, which are as follows:
- Do not scratch the wounds: Wound may cause itching, but Scratching of a wound can worsen the condition of the wound.
- Do not pick the scabs: Scabs may protect the bruise from the dirt. Scabs may get peeled off as the wound heals.
- Do not smoke: Smoking slowdowns the healing process and may cause certain healing complications.
- Do not let the wound exposed to the air till advised by the doctor: Air exposure to the wounds may cause a decrease in the healing rate of a wound. Certain cells involved in the process may require a moist environment.
- Do not Stay out in the sun for too long: The healing process may slow down due to the exposure to the UV rays.
- Do not use Hydrogen peroxide on the wound: It may cleanse the wound, however, causes damage to the new cell growth, which may slow down the process of healing.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Varicose veins
People suffering from varicose veins must remember the following things to avoid:
- Do not stand for a long period of time as this induces pressure upon the veins thereby causing them to bulge and making the problem worse.
- Do not strain at the time of passing stools if you are suffering from constipation. This is one of the major causes of varicose veins.
- Do not even hold breath for long periods of time as this once again will exert pressure on the bloodstream causing it to go backwards which in turn causes the veins to swell up.
- Avoid certain kinds of sports activities that because of the impact it has on the legs. This includes the sports such as karate, judo, taekwondo, running, squash, tennis, football, skiing, and water skiing.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Burns
The following things should not be done after burning:
- Don’t remove burned clothing if it is stuck to the body.
- Don’t use ice or very cold water on a burn as it can cause further skin damage.
- In the case of a severe burn, apply appropriate ointments, jellies, first aid creams or butter, and sprays.
- Don’t try to break open small blisters as this can let germs get into the wound.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Obesity
- Decrease the energy intake from total sugars and fats.
- Never skip breakfast as skipping breakfast makes you consume more calories during the day.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Sinusitis
- Avoid taking flights or travelling to high altitudes as it can increase the symptoms of sinusitis.
- Don’t consume alcohol.
- Avoid irritants like dust and pollen.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis can take its toll on your body, and acute flare-ups may use up a lot of energy. Avoid overexertion and only participate in a mild exercise during flares.
- Life stressors may cause acute flare-ups. Do not allow stress to build up. Practice relaxation techniques. Take frequent breaks from work if possible.
- Emotional stressors are also linked to flare-ups. Consider psychotherapy to address comorbid anxiety or depression.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfALANZ TABLET
- Consume balanced diet
- Sleep Well
- Use hot and cold compresses for the affected joint to decrease pain, stiffness and swelling.
- Avoid certain drugs that may hinder the body’s healing process.
- Give attention to the hygiene conditions of the wound.
These are other tips to help prevent/ take care of varicose veins:
- Smoking has also been linked to the varicose veins. Try and reduce or avoid completely for a pair of legs free from varicose veins.
- Supervised physical activity is one of the simplest, natural and affordable treatments within the comfort of your home. It would distribute the blood that collects at a spot to the entire body.
- Making dietary changes go a great way to help varicose veins. This is because some foods aggravate the condition and some relieve the condition. There is a detailed list above for the same.
- There are several herbal remedies that are available for the treatment of varicose veins. These include grape seed extract that would go a great way to help relieve the problem. It eases chronic venous symptoms like cramping in the legs, restless legs and swelling in the legs too.
What Are The Tips For Sinusitis
- Regularly flush nasal passages.
- Use clean water to wash hands, face and nose.
- Visit allergist in the case of common cold for several weeks.
- Turmeric has been shown to lower gut inflammation as well as lowering relapse rates.
- Acupuncture has shown some effect on reducing symptoms and improving general health.