ALPOSE 0.5 MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of ALPOSE 0.5 MG TABLET
It is like a minor tranquillizer. The drug is commonly used to treat anxiety disorders and also generalised anxiety disorders. It gives a soothing effect by acting on the central nervous system. It acts as a sedative and also relaxes muscles.
It also has found use as an anticonvulsant and antidepressant, to reduce nausea during chemo therapy.
Side Effects Of ALPOSE 0.5 MG TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Alprazolam
Common side effects are skin rashes, respiratory disorders, lack of concentration, dizziness, drowsiness and dry mouth.
Contraindications Of ALPOSE 0.5 MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Alprazolam
Special precautions should be taken when it is prescribed to:
- Children and drug addicts.
- Pregnant women, as it may cause congenital disorders to the baby
- Elderly persons
- Lactating mothers
Generalised Anxiety Disorder is a psychiatric condition, and is classified in the DSM-V (Diagnostic and Statistic Manual of Mental disorders, Fifth Edition) by standardised defining criteria.
Generalised anxiety disorder is one of the commonest mental health concerns worldwide, and it is estimated that a significant number of cases are left undiagnosed.
Patients with GAD present with excessive worry and anxiety in usual day-to-day life activities. This worry interferes with their normal functioning and is often regarded as irrational or out of proportion. The worry affects areas such as health, personal relationships, finances, and career.
Diagnosis of GAD may be difficult to make as it is commonly occurs in conjunction with other mental disorders such as depression. Online and easily accessible tools such as the Generalised Anxiety Disorder-7 questionnaire may assist in the diagnosis.
The average age of diagnosis is around thirty years of age.
- It refers to the state of low mood or dislikes towards an activity that can affect an individual’s behaviour, thoughts, feelings and overall health. There is a feeling of severe dejection despondency. The degree of depression and the type of depression varies from a person to person. It is very important to seek professional help to get rid of depression.
Symptoms Treated With ALPOSE 0.5 MG TABLET
According to the DSM-V criteria, a patient with GAD must present with at least three of the symptoms listed below. The symptoms must be present for a minimum of six months, on most days, rather than at irregular intervals.
- Feeling impatient or on edge
- Getting worn-out quickly
- Struggling to focus or concentrate. The mind seems like it goes "blank."
- Getting annoyed quite quickly
- Muscle tension
- Some disruption of normal sleeping patterns- either having problems falling asleep, waking up at night, or having restless sleep.
The anxiety or worry must interfere with important areas of functioning such as social or employment spheres. It is important to exclude that the symptoms are not caused by other medical conditions e.g. thyroid function disturbances or by a particular substance or medication.
Patient with GAD may also have other physical manifestations of anxiety, along with those already mentioned. These include:
- Trembling, feeling jittery or being startled easily
- Gastrointestinal upsets such as nausea, diarrhoea or irritable bowel syndrome symptoms.
- Recurrent tension headaches
What Are The Symptoms Of Depression
- The common symptoms are: feeling helpless or hopeless, lost interest in activities that used to be important, change in appetite, weight gain or loss, sleep abnormalities, anger or irritability, lack of energy, feeling of being guilty or worthless, problem in concentrating, reckless behaviour(rash driving, alcoholism, gambling, dangerous sports), or unexplained aches. The stronger, higher and for longer periods of time the symptoms persist, higher is the level of depression.
Causes of diseases where ALPOSE 0.5 MG TABLET is used
Generalised Anxiety Disorder is not linked to a specific aetiology, but different risk and associated factors have been identified, with a primary focus on genetics and environmental causes.
Life stressor may trigger anxiety in genetically predisposed individuals. Life stressors include social issues such as isolation, lack of family support and poor self-esteem. Financial stressors such as inadequate income or debt may also contribute.
Women are more often affected than men. GAD is seen less often in married couples or those in long-term relationships, than those without a life-partner.
Personality types may also play a role in developing GAD. Avoidant, dependent and obsessive-compulsive personalities are most commonly associated with anxiety.
What Are The Causes Of Depression
- Depression is a brain disorder that can be caused by one or combination of factors like grief, changes in hormone levels, stress, substance abuse, genetic characteristics or stress.
- Continued grief in personal or professional life also leads to low moods and dejection.
Best Foods With ALPOSE 0.5 MG TABLET
- Fresh fruits and vegetables give your body the nutrients it needs to keep your cognitive functioning optimal.
- Dehydration may worsen anxiety. Make sure to drink the recommended amount of water per day.
- Tryptophan rich foods. Tryptophan is a precursor of serotonin Foods that contain tryptophan includes: Sesame seeds, peanut butter, chicken, bananas, and turkey.
- Foods that are high in vitamin B such as red meat, tuna, eggs and salmon.
- Low GI carbohydrates. Carbohydrates increase serotonin production in the body, but refined carbohydrates cause insulin spikes. Low GI grains and bread are healthier, keep the blood glucose levels constant, and will increase serotonin levels.
- Food that is high in omega-3 such as mackerel, salmon, tuna, sesame seeds and avocados.
What Are The Best Foods For Depression
Though a balanced diet is necessary to fight against depression, few things(antioxidants) that can help are:
- Beta-carotene rich foods (Carrots, Collards, Cantaloupe, broccoli, apricots, peaches, pumpkin, spinach, sweet potato).
- Vitamin C (Berries, broccoli, grapefruit, kiwi, orange, pear, tomatoes).
- Vitamin E rich foods(nuts, seeds, vegetable oils, wheat germ).
Worst Foods With ALPOSE 0.5 MG TABLET
- Caffeine- coffee, black tea, chocolate.
- Sugar and artificial sweeteners. Sugar has shown to increase depression and anxiety. Sugar-spikes wreak havoc on your insulin-glucose pathway and induce a "stress-response" in the body that worsens anxiety.
- Foods high in unsaturated fatty acids, that increase neural inflammation.
What Are The Worst Foods For Depression
Food that can contribute to depression are;
- Refined Sugar causes a hike in the glucose levels that disturbs the mood, drains energy and causes sleep disturbances
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Processed foods
- Hydrogenated oils
- Food with high sodium content can affect the neurological system and thus enhance depression
- Alcohol is a Central Nervous System Depressant
- Caffeine causes sleeplessness, agitation, nervousness, depression and anxiety.
Do's With Usage of ALPOSE 0.5 MG TABLET
Exercise. Cardiovascular exercise is a good way to assist with stress relief, as well as managing symptoms of anxiety
Start practicing specific and directed relaxation techniques to help anxiety
Psychotherapy has been proven to be as beneficial as medication and is of additive benefit to patients who are on treatment.
Lower your caffeine intake. Caffeine is a stimulant that releases sympathomimetics (the same chemical neurotransmitters that are released during anxiety or fear
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Depression
If you are suffering from depression following can help you:
- A proper routine can bring back a proper structure to your life that gets eliminated due to depression.
- Set goals, start from smaller goals to realise your worth.
- Regular exercise.
- Eat healthy, balanced diet.
- Have a proper sleep cycle.
- Fulfil your responsibilities.
- Correct the negative thoughts with proper logic.
- Consult a doctor.
- Try doing something new.
- Delve into fun-filled activities.
Dont's With Usage Of ALPOSE 0.5 MG TABLET
- Do not smoke. Nicotine is a stimulant that stimulates your cardiovascular system and mimics a stress response. However, anticipated difficulty with quitting smoking may worsen anxiety. It is important to consult a doctor or counsellor to assist you, as well as to ensure that you have a good support structure around you, before attempting to stop.
- Avoid alcohol. It is a sedative but may cause a reflex/ compensatory stimulatory response by your body. Dehydration, impaired cognitive functioning, and memory impairment seen in alcohol use may also contribute to anxiety. Alcohol also lowers serotonin levels, which are important in maintaining mood and anxiety.
- Do not isolate yourself. Pursue meaningful inter-personal relationships and spend time with loved ones, as this has shown to lower anxiety
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Depression
- Don’t confine yourself to four walls of your house.
- Don’t stop talking to people.
- Don’t self-medicate.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfALPOSE 0.5 MG TABLET
- Supplements such as omega-3, as well as magnesium and calcium may be beneficial.
- Aromatherapy, massage therapy, and reflexology may also assist with anxiety and stress reduction in general.
What Are The Tips For Depression
To fight against depression following can help:
- Relaxation techniques (Yoga, meditation).
- Stay connected with people.
- Stay in sunlight for some time every day.
- Get professional help.