APURTIA MAX SOFTGEL has the following salts in its composition
1) Coenzyme Q10 2) Omega-3 Fatty Acids 3) Lycopene 4) Mixed carotene 5) Zinc 6) Selenium
Uses Of APURTIA MAX SOFTGEL
Co enzyme Q10 is useful in the following conditions:
- Prevention of heart failure, cancer, muscular dystrophy and periodontal disease.
- Boosting body energy levels and speedy recovery.
- Reducing effects of some medications used in other chronic diseases.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids have various health benefits like:
- Fighting Depression and Anxiety
- Improving Eye Health
- Promoting Brain Health
- Improving heart health (prevents high blood pressure, high cholesterol, blood clots)
- Reducing Symptoms of ADHD in Children
- Fighting Inflammation
- Fighting Autoimmune Diseases
- Improving Mental Disorders
- Fighting Age-Related Mental Decline and Alzheimer's Disease
- Preventing Cancer
- Reducing Fat in The Liver
- Improving Bone and Joint Health
- Alleviating Menstrual Pain
- Improving Sleep
- Improving Skin health
Lycopene, a naturally occurring chemical responsible for giving the fruits and vegetables the red colour. The antioxidant properties of it are used to manage:
Mixed carotene is a natural oil complex derived from palm fruit. Mixed carotene consists of alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, gamma-carotene, lycopene and a small amount of carotenoids. It is widely used as a dietary supplement as it:
- Promotes heart health, eye health.
- Satisfies women’s daily nutritional needs.
- Source for multivitamins, specially vitamin-A
- Acts as antioxidant
- Nourishes skin
- Treats age-related macular degeneration (vision loss problems), cataracts and vitamin A deficiency
- Prevents cancer
Uses Of Salt: Zinc
Zinc is useful in the following conditions, as it:
- Reduces risk of infertility, early delivery, oesophageal cancer, diabetes, and aging.
- Treats diarrhea, Wilson’s disease, age related vision loss, anemia, anorexia, ADHD in children, leprosy, peptic ulcers.
- Relieves depression, the common cold.
- Heals burns, diaper rash, foot ulcers due to diabetes, swelling, and ulcers in the mouth due to radiation therapy.
- Prevents gingivitis, plaque, bad breath, pressure ulcers.
- Reduces symptoms of sickle cell anemia.
Selenium is a very important mineral essential for many activities such as:
- Boosting Immunity, fertility
- Prevention of heart diseases, cancer
- Regulation of thyroid hormone
- Reducing symptoms of asthma
- Relieving stress
- Improving blood flow
- Increasing longevity
Side Effects Of APURTIA MAX SOFTGEL
Co enzyme Q10 is usually safe. An overdose can cause:
- Mild insomnia
- Elevated levels of liver enzymes
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side Effects Of Salt: Lycopene
Lycopene is generally well-adjusted by the bodies.
Mixed carotene is usually safe, but in some cases like an overdose, it may cause side effects such as:
- Unusual bleeding or bruising
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Side Effects Of Salt: Zinc
Zinc is usually safe, but in some cases (over doses)it may cause:
- Stomach pain
Side Effects Of Salt: Selenium
Selenium is very safe but if taken in over doses, it may cause:
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of APURTIA MAX SOFTGEL
Contraindications Of Salt: Coenzyme Q10
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug co enzyme Q10 or any other allergies.
Contraindications Of Salt: Lycopene
Please consult your doctor before consuming Lycopene in the following cases:
- Prostate cancer.
Contraindications Of Salt: Zinc
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards zinc or any other allergies.
- HIV / AIDS
Contraindications Of Salt: Selenium
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Skin cancer
- Prostate cancer
Cancer is essentially when there is an abnormal growth of cells in any part of the body. Typically, the body forms new cells to replace the ones that die. When new cells start growing even if you don’t really need them and the old cells don’t die, the extra cells may form a mass known as a tumour (leukaemia is an exception, as in this case cancer prohibits the normal functioning due to the abnormal division of cells in the bloodstream.
These tumours are classified as benign or malignant. Benign tumours are those that remain in one spot and do not grow. These tumours are not cancerous, whereas malignant ones are cancerous. The cells from malignant tumours spread via the lymphatic or blood systems and attack the neighbouring healthy tissues. These cancerous cells may also break away and spread to other parts of the body.
There are over 100 kinds of cancers and cancer can affect any part of the body. Most of the cancers are named after the part of the body where they originate. For instance, if it starts from the lung, it is known as lung cancer, etc. and when cancer spreads from one part of the body to another, it is known as metastasis.
There are broadly 5 groups of cancers:
- Carcinomas: They occur in cells that cover the external and internal parts of the body such as colon, breast and lung cancer.
- Sarcomas: These are caused in the cells located in the cartilage, bone, connective tissue, muscle, fat and other supportive tissues.
- Lymphomas: These cancers usually begin in the immune system tissues and lymph nodes.
- Adenomas: These are cancers that originate in the pituitary gland, thyroid, adrenal gland and other glandular tissues.
- Leukaemia: These cancers begin in the bone marrow and accrue in the bloodstream.
The pumping action of the heart delivers blood rich in oxygen and nutrients to the cells of the body. And, when the cells get proper blood flow, they are nourished and enable the body to function normally.
Also known as congestive heart failure, when the heart muscle does not pump the blood properly, heart failure occurs. This condition is when the heart is unable to handle the load. Conditions like high blood pressure, a disease of the coronary artery (narrowing of the arteries), etc. makes the heart very weak to pump blood effectively. Heart failure is very a serious and progressive condition and usually does not have a cure. However, even if you have suffered from heart failure, with proper medications and a few lifestyle changes, the conditions can be managed.
Heart failure may be due to a problem in the right ventricle (right side), left ventricle (left side) or may involve both the sides. Commonly, heart failure occurs due to a problem in the left ventricle, which is the main pumping side of the heart.
The different types of heart failure are:
- Left side heart failure: The fluid can collect in the lungs resulting in shortness of breath.
- Right side heart failure: Fluid may collect in the legs, feet, and abdomen and cause swelling.
- Diastolic heart failure: This is when the left chamber cannot fill or relax completely. This indicates a problem with filling.
- Systolic heart failure: The left ventricle of the heart cannot contract quickly and this indicates a problem with pumping.
An attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is also known as ADHD, generally attacks children, teenagers and can even be found in adults. People affected by ADHD usually act without perception and show traits of hyperactivity. Furthermore, people suffering from this mental disorder have trouble focusing.
- It refers to the state of low mood or dislikes towards an activity that can affect an individual’s behaviour, thoughts, feelings and overall health. There is a feeling of severe dejection despondency. The degree of depression and the type of depression varies from a person to person. It is very important to seek professional help to get rid of depression.
Having healthy eyes with good vision and without having any symptoms or pain is extremely important to your overall health and wellbeing. Many eye problems are benign such as dry eyes, redness or mild irritation in the eyes, near-sightedness etc.; however, other conditions such as macular degeneration and glaucoma are more serious and can lead to loss of vision and even blindness.
Some of the common eye diseases and problems are:
- Dry eyes
- Eye allergies, redness or irritation in the eyes
- Tiredness of eyes, pain around the eyes
- Refractive errors (near-sightedness or myopia, farsightedness or hyperopia, astigmatism (blurry vision), presbyopia (inability to focus on close objects))
- Retinal diseases (retinal tear or retinal detachment), cataract
- Optical neuritis (optic nerve inflammation)
- Glaucoma, macular degeneration
- Eye problems due to diabetes (diabetic macular edema and diabetic retinopathy)
The 2nd largest organ in your body is the liver, whose function is to process all the things we eat and drink and eliminate the harmful substances. The normal functioning of the liver gets interrupted if there is too much of fat in the liver.
The presence of some fat in the liver is quite normal. However, if the fat comprises around 5-10% of the weight of the liver, then you may be suffering from fatty liver disease, which is also known as hepatic steatosis. The condition of fatty liver is reversible and with lifestyle changes, it can be resolved.
There are essentially 2 kinds of fatty liver disease – ALD or alcoholic liver disease and NAFLD or non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Fatty liver disease can also occur when you are pregnant.
NAFLD occurs when the liver has problems in processing the fats, which causes the fat to build-up in the liver. This occurs when the percentage of fat in the liver is more than 10%. The early stage of ALD is alcoholic fatty liver and this because of the damage caused to the liver due to heavy drinking. Avoiding alcohol for a period of around 6 weeks can cause the fats in the liver to disappear. However, continuing the drinking can lead to liver cirrhosis.
- Asthma is a chronic inflammatory condition of the airways in the lungs. Asthma can either be allergic (most common) or non-allergic.
- Allergic asthma is due to an allergic response known as a type 1 hypersensitivity reaction. People with asthma’s airways are hypersensitive to certain triggers. The allergic reaction causes narrowing of the small airways and leads to "air trapping" (known as an obstructive airway disease)
- There are different types of asthma- childhood onset asthma (usually before the age of 5), adult-onset asthma, exercise-induced asthma and aspirin induced asthma. Some asthma is known as seasonal asthma and occurs only at certain times of the year, usually with the changing of seasons such as during autumn or spring.
- Asthma is diagnosed with lung function tests. A spirometer or a PEFM (Peak Expiratory Flow Meter) is used in conjunction with a bronchodilator. The meter is used to assess your lung function before and after inhaling a fast-acting bronchodilator. A diagnosis of asthma is made when there is an improvement in lung function of more than 20% (PEFM) or more than 12%(when using a spirometer) after the bronchodilator is inhaled.
- Asthma is diagnosed when a patient has suggestive symptoms and a positive bronchodilator test.
Cardiovascular disease (CVD) can be referred to as heart disease.
This term encompasses a range of different conditions that can all affect your heart and blood vessels (the cardiovascular system)
Many diseases can be listed under this term:
- This includes physical or structural abnormalities of the heart including congenital defects and heart valve problems
- Conduction problems of the heart such as abnormal heart rhythms- arrhythmias or atrial fibrillation
- Diseases of the blood vessels such as atherosclerosis are also part of cardiovascular disease
- High blood pressure may even be considered under this term, as it is mostly a disease of the heart and blood vessels.
- Ischaemic Heart Disease (also known as Coronary Artery Disease) is a spectrum of diseases ranging from cardiac chest pain (angina) to myocardial infarction (heart attacks). This also falls under CVD.
- Different tests are used to diagnose CVD. These include ECGs (Electrocardiograms) where leads are placed on the chest, and the electrical conduction of the heart is measured. This is helpful to diagnose arrhythmias, and features of IHD.
- A sonar done on the heart is called an echocardiogram. With this test, the heart’s function can be assessed as well as the valves and ventricles visualised. Cardiac defects can also be seen.
- An MIBI scan can be performed to assess how well the heart’s muscle is functioning and if the blood supply is sufficient (myocardial perfusion).
In cataract, the natural lens of the eye (which lies behind pupil and iris) gets clouded. The lens is part of the eye, which helps to focus an image or light on the retina. In a normal eye, light passes through the transparent lens to the retina, where the light gets changed into nerve signals, which are sent to the brain. In order to receive a sharp image by the retina, the lens must be clear. If there is a cataract, the image formed is blurred. A cataract develops over the long period of time. The best way is to wait and watch, till it develops fully. Surgery is the most common treatment of cataract.
It occurs mostly in people above 40 years of age and is a main cause of blindness worldwide.
- Skin care is mutliple activities carried on to ensure healthy looking skin devoid of any diseases and deformities.
- In Anaemia, lesser oxygen is carried around the body by red blood cells. Anemia can be of different types.
The common cold is simply referred to as cold as well. The common cold is a contagious disease caused by viruses. It occurs in the upper part of the respiratory tract which affects mainly the nose. The body parts that may get affected by common cold are voice box, sinus, and throat. Symptoms and signs of the common cold may start to appear within two days after the exposure to the virus.The common cold is accompanied by a headache, sneezing, runny nose, sore throat, coughing and sometimes fever as well. Generally, it might take a week to 10 days in the recovery. Some of the symptoms can stay even for three weeks. When the symptoms of common cold worsen, it can turn into Pneumonia.
The force of around 200 viruses is involved for causing the common cold. A virus known as rhinovirus is the most prevalent cause of common cold. Common cold vaccines are not yet available. The antidote of the common cold is also not yet made but relieve to the patients can be provided by treating the symptoms.
In humans, the common cold is one of the most reoccurring infectious diseases. Averagely, an adult may suffer from cold from a couple of times to four times in a year. Cold occurs mainly in winters.
- Diarrhoea is an increased frequency of bowel movements (stools) and also increased looseness of the motion. Diarrhoea can be due to higher fluid secretion into the intestine, minimal fluid absorption by the intestines or swift passage of stool from the intestine.
- Acute Diarrhoea stays for 4 to 5 days but the chronic Diarrhoea can last up to 4 weeks. Recurrent and severe Diarrhoea can be a sign of an intestinal disease.
Infertility is a medical condition where a woman is unable to conceive or get pregnant despite one year or longer of unprotected sex. Women or men or both of the partners can be having infertility. If a woman is having infertility disorder then it is termed as female infertility and if men are having infertility disorder then it is termed as male infertility.
Types of infertility
Infertility is divided into two parts:
- Primary fertility: Primary infertility refers to those who have never been able to get pregnant or conceive a child at least after 1 year of regular unprotected sex
- Secondary fertility: Secondary infertility refers to those couples who are now unable to conceive after conceiving once.
Immunity building refers to any measures taken to assist and strengthen the body’s immune system to function optimally and to help ward off disease. Proper functioning is necessary for us to maintain ideal health.
The state in which the immune system is functioning sub-optimally is called immunodeficiency. Immunodeficiency states can have serious consequences e.g. predisposing to life-threatening infective diseases or cancer. Overfunctioning of the immune system is also common. Conditions in which the immune system over functions are hypersensitivity reactions or allergies, as well as autoimmune diseases (when the immune system recognises the body's cells as "foreign" and starts to attack them).
The immune system is intricately and very detailed in its design. The system is divided into innate and adaptive immunity. Innate immunity is the body’s first defence against external factors. These include physical defence mechanisms such as skin, mucosa and cell walls, as well as scavenger immune molecules that catch foreign particles in the blood and lymphatic streams.
It is an immediate defence mechanism and non-specific. It does not adapt over time. White blood cells called macrophages and phagocytes form part of the body’s innate system. Once the innate immune system recognises a threat to the body, these cells activate a system called the complement cascade which leads to further activation of more of the immune system's cells.
The adaptive immune system is more focused and contains antibodies that are formed after exposure to specific foreign substances called antigens. Antibodies are called immunoglobulins, and lymphocytes are the cells responsible for activation of the innate immune system.
Poor diet, fatigue, stress as well as certain substances or medications can all lead to over- or underperformance of the immune system. Organs that form part of the immune systems include your spleen, tonsils/ adenoids, lymphatic system and bone marrow.
Symptoms Treated With APURTIA MAX SOFTGEL
What Are The Symptoms Of Cancer
- Unexplained weight loss
- Changes in the skin
· Darker skin (hyperpigmentation)
· Red eyes (erythema)
· Yellowish eyes and skin (jaundice)
· Itching (pruritis)
· Excessive growth of hair
Some other symptoms of cancer are:
- Change in bladder function or bowel habits (longterm diarrhoea, constipation, pain or blood in urine).
- Sores that do not heal.
- White spots on the tongue or white patches inside the mouth (leukoplakia).
- Unusual discharge or bleeding.
- Thickening or lump in any part of the body such as breast, testicles, lymph nodes, etc.
- Long-term indigestion or trouble in swallowing.
- Any changes in a mole, wart or any changes in the skin.
- Hoarseness or a nagging cough.
The condition of heart failure can be chronic i.e. ongoing or acute i.e. starts suddenly and the symptoms of heart failure include:
- Weakness and fatigue
- Shortness of breath (dyspnea) when you lie down or exert yourself
- Edema or swelling of feet, legs, and ankles
- Inability to exercise
- Irregular or rapid heartbeat
- Coughing or wheezing with pink or white phlegm tinged with blood
- Ascites or swelling of abdomen
- Weight gain due to retention of fluid
- Urgency to urinate at night
- Nausea and lack of appetite
Reduced alertness or difficulty in concentration
If heart failure is due to heart attack, then you may experience severe pain in the chest
Acute shortness of breath and coughing foamy, pink phlegm
ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder has some common symptoms such as:
- Lack of attention
- Trouble While Speaking
- Getting distracted by any small noise
- More reaction time
What Are The Symptoms Of Depression
- The common symptoms are: feeling helpless or hopeless, lost interest in activities that used to be important, change in appetite, weight gain or loss, sleep abnormalities, anger or irritability, lack of energy, feeling of being guilty or worthless, problem in concentrating, reckless behaviour(rash driving, alcoholism, gambling, dangerous sports), or unexplained aches. The stronger, higher and for longer periods of time the symptoms persist, higher is the level of depression.
What Are The Symptoms Of Eye Health
Some of the common symptoms of eye problems include:
- Dry eyes, blurry vision
- Discharge from the eye, light flashes
- Irritation of the eye, redness
- Sensitivity to light
- Pain in eyes, a headache
- Vision loss, tearing
What Are The Symptoms Of Fatty liver
There are usually no symptoms associated with fatty liver. However, you may have:
- Abdominal discomfort, fatigue
- Enlargement of liver
Excess fat can cause inflammation causing symptoms such as:
- Abdominal pain, poor appetite
- Fatigue, weight loss
- Physical weakness, confusion
If the fatty liver condition worsens and leads to cirrhosis, then the symptoms include:
- Yellowing of skin and eyes (jaundice)
- Enlargement and fluid filling in the abdomen
- An inclination to bleed easily, confusion
What Are The Symptoms Of Asthma
- Symptoms of asthma are typically a wheezy or "tight" chest, shortness of breath and recurrent or persistent coughing that is worse at night and early mornings. Coughing or tight chest are often also present after exercise.
- Exercise-induced asthma typically only produces symptoms after exercise.
The symptoms of CVD depend on the condition affecting the cardiovascular system.
Physical or Structural Abnormalities:
- Valve impairment may present with abnormal heart rhythms, chest pain (angina), dizziness or syncope (fainting/loss of consciousness).
- Congenital or structural abnormalities will usually present soon after birth. Symptoms include fatigue, bluish discolouration of skin and lips, and failure to thrive (poor weight gain despite adequate caloric intake).
- A dilated or enlarged heart in cardiomyopathy of cardiac failure may present with swelling of the legs, shortness of breath on exertion, difficulty breathing when lying down and getting tired quickly.
- Rhythm impairments will usually present with an abnormal heart beat, a feeling that the heart is “racing” in the chest (tachycardia), or an acute awareness of the heart beating quite prominently in the chest (palpitations). Occasional rhythm impairments may cause chest pain or dizziness.
- Ischaemic Heart Disease (IHD) typical present with chest pain. Chest pain originating from the heart is angina. Stable angina is chest pain that occurs during exercise and typically goes away within 10-20 minutes of resting.
- Unstable angina is chest pain that presents at rest and lasts more than 20minutes. This may be suggestive of a high risk of myocardial infarction.
What Are The Symptoms Of Cataract
- Blurry, foggy or cloudy vision.
- Near-sightedness (especially among older people).
- Problems with glares during the day, during driving at night.
- Glasses or contact lenses not working properly.
- Change in the way you see colors.
- Double vision (in affected eye).
What Are The Symptoms Of Skin care
Everybody wants to look beautiful and skin is the most important part of not only beauty but also a healthy body. Your skin shows how healthy your body is. However, skin is also the most easily affected part of the body if proper care is not taken. Some of the symptoms of poor skin are:
- Acne, chapped lips, moles, warts
- Early wrinkles
- Uneven texture, patches, dryness on the skin, blotchiness.
- Dark spots or hyperpigmentation
- Flaky/ scaly skin, rashes
What Are The Symptoms Of Anaemia
- Common symptoms of anemia are tiredness, dizziness, and breathlessness.
What Are The Symptoms Of Common cold
After the exposure to the virus, the symptoms may occur in few days. Certain symptoms and signs of the common cold are as followed:
- Stuffy or a runny nose.
- Soreness in the throat is felt.
- Regular coughing.
- Congestion is experienced in the chest.
- A mild headache and slight body pain may occur.
- Continuous sneezing is experienced in some of the cases.
- A little temperature rise of the body can occur.
- Feeling of general sickness may be felt.
- The nose may discharge green or yellow, thicker mucus.
- Breaths become shorter.
- Pain in the sinus.
- Pain in the ear can be experienced.
- Eyes and eyelids may become heavy.
- Extreme fussiness may occur.
- Unusual drowsiness is experienced.
- Loss of appetite can also be of the symptoms of common cold.
- Certain complicated symptoms that may occur along the common cold:
There are fewer chances of such complications but sometimes cold gets worse and reaches to one’s ears, sinuses, or chest.
- Ear infection: The main signs of ear infection are yellow or green nasal discharge and aching ears. It commonly occurs in small children.
- Sinusitis: When a common cold stays for a longer period then the chances of sinusitis increases. Symptoms of sinusitis may include infected and inflamed sinuses.
- Asthma: Wheezing or difficulty in breathing may be provoked by a common cold.
- Chest infection: Infections like bronchitis and pneumonia can be caused by prolonged common cold.
- Strep throat: Common cold is accompanied by strep throat infection. In this condition, throat becomes sore along with coughing.
What Are The Symptoms Of Diarrhoea
- Loose, watery stools.
- Cramps in abdomen leading to abdominal pains.
- Frequent bowel movements.
- Urgent need to pass bowls
- Blood in stool (sometimes)
What Are The Symptoms Of Infertility
Not able to conceive after one year of regular unprotected sex is the topmost symptom of infertility.
Symptoms may vary both men and women.
Symptoms of infertility in men are:
- Low sperm count
- Less libido or changes in sexual desire
- Erectile dysfunction, small and firm testicles.
- Premature aging
- Poor ejaculation
Symptoms of infertility in women:
- Changes in menstrual cycle
- Missed periods or heavy or light periods
- Pain during periods
- Unexplained weight gain
- Loss of hair
- The unwanted growth of hair
- Sudden acne
- Changes in gut
- Recurrent or frequent colds or respiratory tract infections
- Constant feeling of fatigue or lethargy
- Difficulty losing or gaining weight
- Frequent yeast infections such as gastrointestinal or genital candidiasis
Causes of diseases where APURTIA MAX SOFTGEL is used
What Are The Causes Of Cancer
- Exposure to toxic compounds or chemicals like benzene, asbestos, nickel, tobacco, etc.
- Ionising Radiation: UV rays from the sun, gamma rays, uranium and radon radiation, etc.
- Pathogens: HPV, herpes, hepatitis viruses, etc.
- Genetics: Cancers like ovarian, breast, skin, prostate, colorectal cancers and melanoma are linked to human genes and are inherited from members of the family.
There are many conditions that can weaken or damage your heart and result in heart failure and some of the causes are:
- Heart attack and coronary heart disease
- Damaged heart valves due to heart infection, heart defect or coronary heart disease
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Cardiomyopathy or damage of the heart muscle due to diseases and infections, smoking, abuse of alcohol and drugs, chemotherapy drugs and genetic factors.
- Myocarditis (inflammation of heart muscle).
- Congenital heart defects (born with heart defects).
- Heart arrhythmias or abnormal rhythms of the heart.
- Other diseases like HIV, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, hemochromatosis (iron build-up) and amyloidosis (protein build-up).
- Severe infections, viruses attacking the heart muscle, blood clots occurring in the lungs, allergic reactions, illness affecting entire body or certain medications.
ADHD has been known to occur due to genetic problems. If a child is affected by ADHD then it is possible that the father or grandfather of the child is affected by the disorder as well.
Exposure to Toxins:
Mothers who smoke or drink alcohol and other toxic substances during pregnancy can affect the development of their unborn child as well. Such substances have been found to develop hyperactivity in children from an early age.
Brain injuries can lead to poor functioning of the motor activity in people.
What Are The Causes Of Depression
- Depression is a brain disorder that can be caused by one or combination of factors like grief, changes in hormone levels, stress, substance abuse, genetic characteristics or stress.
- Continued grief in personal or professional life also leads to low moods and dejection.
What Are The Causes Of Eye Health
- Age (glaucoma, cataract, macular degeneration)
- Diseases like diabetes, infections due to viruses, allergens, bacteria, chemicals, dirty contact lenses and loose eyelashes (causing pink eye or conjunctivitis)
- Blockage of eye glands (causing sty)
- Allergies, dryness
- Wearing wrong prescription glasses or contact lenses
- Staring at the computer, phone, e-readers, etc. for long periods of time
What Are The Causes Of Fatty liver
Alcoholic Liver Disease or ALD is caused due to:
- Drinking plenty of alcohol, genes passed on from parents
- Hepatitis C, obesity, too much of iron in the body
Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease or NAFLD is caused due to:
- Usually runs in families
- Occurs in people who are overweight, obese and middle-aged
- People having diabetes and high cholesterol
Other causes are:
- Hyperlipidemia (high fat levels in the blood), viral hepatitis
- Medications (steroids, aspirin, tamoxifen, tetracycline, etc.)
- Inherited or autoimmune liver disease
- Malnutrition, rapid weight loss
- Presence of too much bacteria in the small intestine
- Changes in the intestine
What Are The Causes Of Asthma
- Mostly asthma starts in childhood and is often outgrown in early adulthood. Some asthmatics may, however, need treatment lifelong.
- Asthma has a strong genetic component and is part of the so-called "atopic triad" in childhood which includes allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis (eczema) and asthma.
- Early insult to a child's lungs such as neonatal pneumonia or bronchitis may play a role in developing asthma later.
- People with asthma have individual triggers. These triggers are commonly sensitivities to house-dust mites, grass, pollen, animal dander, dairy, wheat, nuts and soy products. Chest infections, cold air or air pollution can also trigger an attack.
- Adult onset starts in the early twenties. There is speculation about possible causes; genetics, smoking and a history of allergies seem to play the biggest part. It affects females more than males.
- Asthma can be caused/ triggered due to any of the following reasons:
1. Airborne substances like pollen, dust mites, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste.
2. Respiratory infections such as common cold
3. Exercise-induced asthma
4. Cold air
5. Air pollutants like smoke
6. Certain medications including beta blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen
7. Strong emotions, stress
8. Foods which contain Sulphites and preservatives
9. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Asthma is a combination of environmental and genetic factors, as many people live in same conditions. Still, some people get asthma and some don’t.
Atherosclerosis is the underlying cause of cardiovascular diseases such as IHD. Atherosclerosis is a hardening of the lining of blood vessels (called the endothelium). Smoking, high cholesterol levels, high blood pressure, being overweight and a diet high in fatty acids are contributing causes of atherosclerosis.
Abnormal heart rhythms can be caused by genetic heart defects, IHD, some medications, electrolytes abnormalities (such as potassium or magnesium), emotional or physical stress or excessive use of caffeine or alcohol. Electrical conduction abnormalities can cause arrhythmias. These can be born defects or can develop over time.
The cause of cardiomyopathy, a thickening or enlarging of the heart muscle, may be a congenital condition. High blood pressure or hardening of blood vessels may also contribute to dilatation of the heart.
Valve disease can be congenital, due to infections such as rheumatic fever or disorders affecting the body’s connective tissue.
What Are The Causes Of Cataract
The lens in the eye is made mostly from water and protein. A cataract occurs when the lumps of protein start accumulating and clouding the lens. Some f the causes of cataract are:
- Age- related.
- Injury to the eye can also cause cataract.
- Congenital cataracts, which may be caused due to poor development in the womb, infection or injury during pregnancy. Such children are born with the cataract.
- Certain diseases like diabetes.
- Exposure to radiation, ultra violet rays, taking medicines like corticosteroids or diuretics.
What Are The Causes Of Skin care
Skin problems are mostly symptoms of the problem within the body. Some of the causes of poor skin health are:
- Drinking less water (leading to dehydrated body)
- Poor diet, eating too much of junk food
- Too much of sun exposure, smoking, drinking alcohol
- Stress, less physical rest
- Pollution, not washing your face frequently
- Using too much of make-up, using poor quality of makeup products, not removing makeup before sleeping
- Any skin disease, any problem like imbalance of hormones
What Are The Causes Of Anaemia
- Deficiency of nutrients like iron, folic acid, vitamin B 12, sickle cell anemia (a genetic blood disorder) or kidney disease can be amongst few causes of anemia.
- The type of food you eat also affects the absorption of iron and folic acid.
What Are The Causes Of Common cold
- The common cold is the infection causes in the upper-respiratory tract. It is caused by the attack of the viruses. It is a myth that not wearing enough cloth in winters or cold weather causes the cold. Some of the ways one can catch infections are as follows:
- Exposure to the virus by touching any contaminated object like cell phone remote controls, laptops, etc. or any virus containing surface like door knobs, taps, etc.
- Close contact with an infected person.
- Using the personal belongings of a person suffering from the common cold like the towel, clothes, etc.
- A mild infection may be caused in adults by three types of viruses responsible foe cold. However, in old people, children, and individuals with a weak immune system it can cause serious lower respiratory tract problem. Also, patients with heart and lung diseases, asthmatic patients, and premature babies are at a higher risk of getting the complications like pneumonia and bronchitis.
What Are The Causes Of Diarrhoea
- The main cause is the virus that infects gut. However various other causes are an allergy to a food, alcohol, diabetes, diabetes to the intestines, medications, Laxatives, radiation therapy, running, surgery, cancers, troublesome nutrition absorption.
What Are The Causes Of Infertility
The causes of infertility can be different for both men and women.
Causes of infertility in women:
- Damage or Blockage in the Fallopian tube
- Ovulation disorders, disorders of uterus or cervical
- Endometriosis, pelvic adhesions
- Early Menopause or ovarian insufficiency
- Any sexually transmitted disease
Causes of infertility in men:
- Low sperm count
- Disorder in sperm transport
- Sexual disorder, any sexually transmitted disease
Causes of reduced immunity can either be intrinsic/ hereditary or acquired.
Intrinsic or primary immunodeficiencies are inborn genetic errors. There are more than hundred different types and forms of primary immunodeficiency syndromes described. These include immunodeficiency syndromes such as selective IgA deficiency, DiGeorge syndrome and Ataxia Telangiectasia.
Secondary or acquired immunodeficiency states can be due to diseases or conditions such as:
- Malnutrition or being underweight
- Auto-immune disorders
Medications or substances:
- Long-term corticosteroid use
- Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF) used in auto-immune diseases like inflammatory bowel disease or rheumatoid arthritis. Chemotherapy or radiation.
- Pregnancy is a normal physiological state of lowered immunity.
- Ageing is also a natural process that causes lowered immunity.
Worst Foods With APURTIA MAX SOFTGEL
What Are The Worst Foods For Cancer
- Avoid calorie-dense, fatty foods like chips, French fries, doughnuts, pastries, ice creams, etc. as they cause weight gain and obesity, which are the main cause of cancer.
- Reduce or eliminate your consumption of sugar and sugary foods and beverages like sports drinks, soft drinks, etc. as sugar boosts the insulin and suppresses the immune system and also feeds the cancer cells.
- Reduce or eliminate processed meats that are smoked, cured salted or preserved like sausages, hot dogs, bacon, lunch meats, etc. as they increase the risk of cancer.
- Avoid creamy dressings, sauces and dips as they are high in calories and can cause weight gain.
- Avoid red meat as these meats increase the risk of cancer.
- Avoid genetically modified (GMO) foods as they will worsen the effects of cancer.
- Avoid soybean oil or corn oil as these can suppress the immune system further, especially if the oils are hydrogenated.
- Avoid drinking alcohol as it can cause liver, oesophageal and breast cancer.
What Are The Worst Foods For Heart failure
- Avoid trans fats in the food you eat. Avoid eating baked foods like margarine, cakes, pastries, fried fast foods, frozen pizzas, cookies, etc.
- Avoid meats that are high in fat like prime cuts, hamburgers, etc.
- Reduce the amount of cheese you eat, especially the ones that contain salt.
- Avoid processed foods like hot dogs, bacon, canned foods, ramen, soups, macaroni, and cheese, etc.
- Avoid condiments like pickles, mustard, sauces with salt, etc.
- Avoid salt or salty foods or reduce the amount of salt used in your cooking (limit amount of salt and sodium to around 1500-2000 mg per day).
- Avoid sugary foods and foods that do not have any nutrition such as sodas, fast food, candy, etc.
- ADHD patients being hyperactive are prone to act with uncontrollable mood swings on consumption of certain foods.
- Sugary foods: Too much sugar can lead to higher sugar levels in the body that increase hyperactivity and mood swings in the patients. So, it is prudent to avoid sugary foods like candies, sweets, energy drinks, etc.
- Make them avoid eating anything that is too colourful to look at as well. These include fruit-flavoured cereals, gelatine powder, hard candy, cake mixes, etc.
What Are The Worst Foods For Depression
Food that can contribute to depression are;
- Refined Sugar causes a hike in the glucose levels that disturbs the mood, drains energy and causes sleep disturbances
- Artificial Sweeteners
- Processed foods
- Hydrogenated oils
- Food with high sodium content can affect the neurological system and thus enhance depression
- Alcohol is a Central Nervous System Depressant
- Caffeine causes sleeplessness, agitation, nervousness, depression and anxiety.
What Are The Worst Foods For Eye Health
- Sugar and sugary foods are linked to poor eyesight, especially if you suffer from diabetes, it can lead to eye problems due to insulin response affecting metabolism.
- Avoid saturated and trans fats as these cause inflammations in the body and result in poor eyesight. Avoid cakes, cookies, crackers and other baked products, fried foods like chips, French fries, etc.
- Avoid sweetened beverages as they contain added sugars like fructose corn syrup that cause poor eye health.
What Are The Worst Foods For Fatty liver
- Avoid simple carbs such as rice, white bread, white pasta, desserts, cakes, pastries, cookies, candy, etc. as they worsen the condition of fatty liver. Focus on high-fibre foods.
- Avoid alcohol and beverages that are high in sugar such as juices, soda, energy drinks, etc., as they aggravate the fatty liver.
- Avoid foods that are high in saturated and trans fats such as dark meats, bacon, hot dogs, sausages, and fried foods such as chips, French fries, etc.
- Avoid salt and salty foods such as olives, canned foods, ready-to-eat foods, soy sauce, etc.
What Are The Worst Foods For Asthma
- Foods with preservatives added to them
- Wine, beer
- Eggs (for children, as some children are allergic to eggs)
- Excessive salt in food
- Oily, fatty foods
- Foods that are high in saturated fatty acids.
- Full-cream dairy products.
- Red meat should be used in moderation as it increases cholesterol levels and contributes to high blood pressure.
What Are The Worst Foods For Cataract
All foods, which are not good for maintaining the healthy body, are prohibited for maintaining eye health also. The list of unhealthy foods is junk foods, caffeine, saturated fats, alcohol and fast foods etc.
What Are The Worst Foods For Skin care
- Reduce sugar intake.
- Fast food, junk food.
- Cow’s milk (Sometimes cow’s milk is taken from pregnant cows. It has increased levels of hormones, which in turn can cause acne).
What Are The Worst Foods For Anaemia
- Junk food.
- Coffee, tea, red wine as these inhibit the absorption of iron.
- White bread.
What Are The Worst Foods For Common cold
Some of the foods to cut down to curb common cold and its symptoms are as follows:
- Avoid consuming alcoholic beverages: Immunity of one’s body gets weakened by alcohol, also body experiences dehydration. Such conditions make one even more vulnerable to common cold. So, one should not consume alcohol, especially in a hefty amount to prevent the common cold. Some of the beverages to avoid are beer, wine, tequila, vodka, and whiskey.
- Dairy Products: The Dairy product should be cut down during the common cold, as consuming dairy items may worsen the mucus formation. Excessive mucus causes the common cold to irritate even more. Some of the dairy products that one should avoid completely are milkshakes, cold coffee, milk ice creams, butter, cheese, yoghurt, cream, pudding, and other milk desserts.
- Packed Juices: When one is suffering from the common cold he/she must stay away from packed fruit juices as they consist of high amount of added sugar. Sugar decreases the efficiency of WBC to fight against infections. The Vitamin C benefits from the packed juice are cancelled by excessive sugar present in them.
What Are The Worst Foods For Diarrhoea
Don’t consume the following if suffering from Diarrhoea:
- Fatty foods as they make Diarrhoea worse
- Dairy products except for yogurt, as Diarrhoea leads to lactose intolerance
- Alcohol and caffeinated drinks act as dehydrating agents
- Artificial sweeteners have a laxative effect on the digestive system.
- Foods leading to the excess of intestinal gas as beans, cabbage, cauliflower and broccoli.
- Tainted foods prone to mishandling like fish or meat.
What Are The Worst Foods For Infertility
- Avoid all trans-fats and processed foods because these increase the insulin in the body and results into obesity also.
- Caffeine: Increases the risk of miscarriages.
- Smoking and alcohol: These have a negative effect on fertility.
- Sugary products and high carbohydrates: These increases the blood glucose level and can cause ovulatory infertility.
- Seafood: These are rich in mercuric content and so can lead to infertility.
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates. High glycemic index carbohydrates and sugar wreak havoc on your body's immune system, by causing insulin spikes and blood sugar surges, increasing inflammation and lowering immunity.
- Processed foods especially high in colourants, preservatives and chemicals all increase inflammation and lower immunity.
- Foods high in saturated fatty acids.
- Excessive alcohol intake reduces white blood cells in the immune system after long term use.
Do's With Usage of APURTIA MAX SOFTGEL
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Cancer
- Maintaining a healthy body weight is very important to reduce the risk of cancer and other chronic diseases. Being overweight or obese increases the risk of various cancers such as colon, rectum, breast, endometrium, oesophagus, kidney and pancreas cancers.
- Use healthy cooking methods like broiling, baking, steaming and poaching of foods instead of frying or charbroiling to prevent weight gain and obesity.
- Protect yourself from the sun by using sunscreen or hats or scarves to prevent the risk of skin cancer.
- Go in for regular screening tests for cancer every year after the age of 40.
- Use the techniques of self-examination every month that may help to detect lumps that may indicate breast cancer in women and prostate or testicular cancer in men.
- If you are suffering from cancer, you may feel fatigue and weak. Have plenty of rest but at the same lead an active life.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Heart failure
Making certain lifestyle changes can help to prevent heart failure such as:
- Controlling problems like diabetes and hypertension.
- Eating healthy.
- Being physically active.
- Maintaining a healthy weight.
- Use healthy methods of cooking like baking, boiling, steaming, grilling, etc. instead of frying.
- Parents or close relatives need to foster ADHD patients by coping up with the behaviour of the person.
- Make sure the ADHD sufferer takes his/her medications as this is the fundamental step towards coping up with the disorder.
- Parents or relatives can also try behavioural management therapy that offers a strict managing strategy to deal with the way ADHD patients act.
- Divide tasks for them so that everything is systematic.
- Organise and simplify the way people with ADHD live.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Depression
If you are suffering from depression following can help you:
- A proper routine can bring back a proper structure to your life that gets eliminated due to depression.
- Set goals, start from smaller goals to realise your worth.
- Regular exercise.
- Eat healthy, balanced diet.
- Have a proper sleep cycle.
- Fulfil your responsibilities.
- Correct the negative thoughts with proper logic.
- Consult a doctor.
- Try doing something new.
- Delve into fun-filled activities.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Eye Health
- When you are outdoors, protect your eye by wearing sunglasses, which will help to protect your eyes from the ultraviolet rays of the sun. Too much of exposure to UV rays causes macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Use safety eyewear if you play sports that can cause eye injury or if you work with hazardous materials in your workplace.
- Ensure that your glasses or contact lenses are up to date, especially if you work on your computer for long periods of time.
- Move your computer screen so that the top of the screen is in level with your eyes and you look slightly down at the computer screen.
- If your eyes are very dry, then blink more often.
- While working, rest your eyes after every 20 minutes, for around 20 seconds look 20 feet away and after every 2 hours, get up and take a break for 15 minutes.
- Get your eyes checked regularly and if your vision is blurry, then maybe your prescription requires correction.
- Maintain your blood sugar.
- Do eye exercises for at least 20 minutes a day. This will not only relax your eyes but also prevent early onset of various eye problems like cataract.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Fatty liver
- Lose weight if you are overweight or obese.
- Control your blood sugar.
- Manage your cholesterol levels.
- Reduce the number of calories from your diet.
- Increase your physical activity and follow a regular exercise routine.
- Drink plenty of water and fluids and stay hydrated for the proper functioning of the liver.
- Eat small and frequent meals to keep your liver healthy.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Asthma
- Identify your asthma triggers and avoid them.
- Always cover yourself fully (especially chest, feet and ears) before going out in cold weather.
- Avoid exercises beyond your physical stamina. Do not over exert.
- Always wear pollution mask if you are staying in high pollution area.
- If asthma is hampering your day to day activities, pl. consult your doctor as he might change your medication.
- Wash your bed sheets and pillow covers every week in hot water to get rid of dust mites.
- Reduce stress.·
- Consult your general practitioner or paediatrician early if your child shows symptoms of asthma. Asthma can be potentially life-threatening, especially in an acute episode.
- Make sure your asthma is controlled. Follow-up with your doctor six months to review and adjust your treatment is necessary. If your asthma is well controlled, your doctor may consider tapering down your treatment.
- Consider doing an allergy test- blood or skin prick. If you have allergic asthma, it will be helpful to know what the triggers are and how to avoid them
Lifestyle changes are of utmost importance- this includes weight loss, dietary changes, and stress reduction.
Depending on your condition, light to moderate exercise 3 times a week may be recommended. It is important first to clear it with your doctor before you exercise if you have a heart condition.
Stress management. Stress increases the workload on your heart and over time may contribute to the development of cardiovascular diseases. It is important to manage stress well when suffering from any heart condition. Mindfulness, meditation and relaxation techniques, may be necessary. Consider changing your work environment if this is your largest stressor.
The heavier your weight, the greater your risk for cardiovascular disease. Body Mass Index (BMI) is a score calculated based on your weight and height. A BMI of 21-25 is considered healthy. Above 25 your risk for CVD increases. If you suffer from CVD, weight loss is of great importance.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Cataract
- Always wear sunglasses and wide hat to avoid effects of ultra violet sun rays.
- Keep your diabetes under control.
- Eye exercise for 15 minutes a day keeps eyes healthy for longer periods.
- Visit your eye specialist regularly to identify symptoms of cataract or any other eye problem.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Skin care
- Drink lots of water.
- Whether you have acne or not, keep your face clean. Cleanse at least twice a day.
- Use natural cleansers to clean your face.
- Exercise and relax.
- Use only good quality skin care products.
- Find out the exact cause of your skin problem as skin problems can be caused due to hormonal changes, taking contraceptive pills, stress, smoking, over exposure to sun etc. Identify the root cause and make your treatment plan accordingly.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Anaemia
- Use iron utensils for cooking as food cooked in iron vessel automatically gathers iron from the vessel and makes food iron rich.
- To improve absorption of iron in your body, take it with foods rich in vitamin C (like oranges, lemon)
- Find out the exact reason of anemia as your food choice will depend upon the real cause of anemia. E.g., patients with anemia caused by celiac disease should avoid eating gluten rich foods (like wheat, oats. Etc.), which others should continue with gluten.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Common cold
The tips that one should follow while suffering from common cold are as follows:
- Keep one’s hands clean: Keep the hands clean by sanitizing them or washing them, as it helps to avoid the transferring of cold causing viruses. Especially, clean one’s hands after visiting public places like movie hall, shopping complex, gym, airport, and railway station. As these places contain a lot of germs.
- Usage of disposables is recommended and encouraged if anyone from the family is suffering from common cold. By doing this one can prevent infection from spreading. After the usage disposables should be put into trash cans. One must particularly use disposable crockery like cups, plates, spoons and glasses, paper tissues.
- Maintain the hygiene of one’s dwelling place: One should keep the house area germ free by cleaning it thoroughly with disinfectants. One must take care of cleaning the most touched things in the house like remote control, laptop, cell phone, etc. It helps to avoid viral infection, which includes common cold.
- In the case of children suffering from common cold, clean his/her toys and utility items properly.
- Keep the towels and clothes separate for the person suffering from common cold.
- Maintaining a healthy and good lifestyle is important. One must exercise, take healthy meals, and sleep properly to boost up the immune system. Body’s immunity helps to fight the common cold and other infection.
- Keep the stress in control: Stress is one of the major factors that weaken one’s immunity; hence one should try to relax. Good immunity means increases in the efficiency to fight with germs that cause the common cold.
- Make swimming a habit: People are prone to common cold should try swimming and make it a habit. Doing so can improvise the flow of blood in the nasal tract.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Diarrhoea
To prevent diarrhoea, follow:
- Keep the food preparation area neat and tidy.
- Thaw frozen food in the refrigerator.
- Consume clean water.
- Wash the fruits and vegetables thoroughly.
- Cook meat thoroughly.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Infertility
- Do start a healthy diet: Eating a healthy and nutritious diet will help in carrying the pregnancy to full term. Don’t wait for the pregnancy to occur. Before you get pregnant start taking healthy diet which body needs.
- Maintain healthy body weight: Having excess or low body weight can delay your pregnancy.
- Exercise regularly: Staying fit and active will help to conceive more quickly.
- Keep track of your menstrual cycle: A women should keep the track of her menstrual cycle to check her most ovulating days.
- Use of supplements: To prepare the body for pregnancy necessary supplements including multivitamins and minerals should be added to the diet.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Immunity building
- Exercise frequently. At least 30mintes per day of light to moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. Exercise increases immunoglobulin levels, as well as the efficiency of innate system's cells. Extreme amounts of exercise may, however, lead to a weakening of your immune system. Balance is key.
- Reduce stress levels. Learn relaxation techniques. Take frequent breaks. Go on holiday when possible, or take time off from work 3-4 monthly.
- Follow a diet providing optimal nutritional support.
- Assist your body in its functioning. Hydrate and help your body to detoxify. Drink at least 2 litres of clean, purified water per day.
- Optimise sleep quantity and quality. Adults need 6 to 8 hours of good quality sleep per night.
Dont's With Usage Of APURTIA MAX SOFTGEL
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Cancer
- Avoid smoking and tobacco products.
- Avoid large portion sizes of foods and choose low-calorie foods.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Heart failure
- Don't take stress
- Avoid smoking and if you do, quit completely.
- Do not feel negative. Be patient in your ways to cope up with the person's disorder.
- Do not let the person with ADHD be in charge of the situation. Try calming the situation in a practical way.
- Try not to get distracted by unnecessary things.
- Don’t worry about the small failures.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Depression
- Don’t confine yourself to four walls of your house.
- Don’t stop talking to people.
- Don’t self-medicate.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Eye Health
- Avoid the glare from lights and windows and if required, make use of an anti-glare screen. Dim your computer and TV screens a bit.
- Avoid looking at the computer or phone screen for too long as they can cause problems such as blurred vision, eye strain, dry eyes, headaches, back, neck and shoulder pain and trouble with focusing at a distance.
- Avoid or quit smoking as this causes damage to the optic nerve, causes cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Avoid working in the poor or dim light. Use a soft white light that doesn’t produce glare and also does not reflect into your eyes directly.
- Avoid dusty areas as the dust can harm your eyes.
- Don’t wear your glasses and contact lenses all the time. Remove them every now and then and give your eyes some rest.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Fatty liver
- Don’t have too much of iron-rich food or iron supplements as this can cause fatty liver.
- Avoid starving yourself, as malnutrition can lead to fatty liver.
- Avoid sudden weight loss, try and lose weight gradually if you are overweight.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Asthma
- Avoid pets.
- Remove carpets and soft toys from the room of your child as these accumulate dust, dust mites which trigger an asthma attack.
- Avoid dampness in the house. Let fresh air come in. Keep all areas of your house dry.
- Do not smoke, avoid being close to people who smoke.
- Avoid burning of incense (Pooja agarbatti) at home, since it triggers an asthma attack.
- Avoid going to kitchen when food is being cooked, especially frying etc.·
- Do not delay seeking treatment when you suspect to have a chest infection. Because your airways are hyper reactive, an infection can easily trigger an acute asthma attack.
- Do not leave your house without your reliever pump or allow your medication to run out. An acute episode can occur at any time and may be fatal.
- Do not smoke if you have asthma or smoke around your child who has asthma. Passive smoking's effects are just as harmful.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Cardiovascular disease
- Never leave any symptoms of possible heart disease untreated, as it may be potentially fatal. If you suffer from any of the symptoms discussed above consult a doctor.
- Do not take heart disease lightly. Follow the recommendations of your doctor carefully.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Cataract
- Avoid taking corticosteroid for long periods.
- Avoid smoking as it results in increased risk of getting the cataract.
- Don’t eat junk food.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Skin care
- Use make-up sparingly.
- Avoid using fragrances, pomades, or gels on your hair. If they get on your face, they can block your skin's pores and irritate your skin.
- Avoid touching your skin part which has acne, rashes. It can spread the bacteria, and also irritate the already inflamed facial skin.
- Do not sleep with make-up on.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Anaemia
- Avoid taking iron with calcium rich foods, coffee, tea as these hinder the absorption of iron in the body. Take these items at different times.
- Do yoga regularly as it increases the RBC count and also purifies the blood.
- Exercise regularly, as it causes hunger, which in turn improves your food intake.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Common cold
One must avoid a few things when attached by the common cold. Some such things are as follows:
- Do not touch one’s face, particularly the eye, mouth, and nose area, when exposed to the people suffering from common cold.
- Do not smoke: Smoking a cigar or a cigarette may disturb the air passage and increase the chances of the common cold, and certain other infections. Passive smokers are also at a risk of catching a common cold. Hence, smoking should be completely avoided.
- Avoid going to the work place: Since common cold is a contagious disease, one should avoid visiting public places. Also, some rest is advised during common cold accompanied by fever.
- Do not travel by air: When suffering from common cold, one should not take flights. Increase in pressure while flying can make the ear drum rupture if one is congested. Also, dry air of the plane may irritate the inflamed nasal track and enhances the chance of bleeding nose.
- Do not drive when feeling drowsy: Lack of sleep caused due to blocked nose and inability to breathe properly can make one feel drowsy all the time. Also, certain medicines prescribed in common cold have sedatives in them, which may cause drowsiness. Driving in such state may be proved hazardous, hence avoid driving in such illness.
- Avoid sexual activities: Although indulging in sexual activities is said to be an immunity booster, but it may cause the transmission of common cold causes viruses. Especially, kissing a healthy partner by the infected partner may result in the transferring of the germs. Hence, one should restrict from sexual activities.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Diarrhoea
To prevent diarrhoea, follow:
- Don’t consume stale food.
- Avoid uncooked foods when out.
- Don’t eat uncooked eggs.
- Avoid unpasteurized dairy products.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Infertility
- Don’t smoke: It can make you infertile and can delay your conception. It can lead to miscarriages and premature labor pain.
- Don’t consume alcohol: Excess intake reduces the sperm count in men and egg production in women. So it should be avoided.
- Don’t eat processed or fried food: Such food can make you obese and can increase the risk of getting infertile.
- Don’t take stress: Stress can also make you infertile for a temporary period of time.
- Don’t consume caffeine: This can lead to low sperm count and cause miscarriages also.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Immunity building
- Do not expose yourself to sudden changes in extreme temperature environments e.g. walking out into the cold after a full-on gym session.
- Do not smoke. Smoking causes generalised inflammation of body tissues and leads to weakened immunity and poor tissue healing.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfAPURTIA MAX SOFTGEL
What Are The Tips For Cancer
- Foods like ginseng, green tea, aloe vera, lycopene, vitamins and dietary supplements are sometimes used as an alternative treatment for cancer. However, before using any of these as a remedy for cancer, check with your doctor.
- Acupuncture has been used in many instances to treat cancer as an alternative therapy. However, before you decide to go in for such therapies, do consult with your doctor.
- There are a few vaccines that can help to prevent cancer. You can check these out and take the vaccines as recommended.
- Don’t be stressed or anxious. Take up yoga or meditation that can help you deal with any stress.
- Mental health counselling, relaxation exercises and stress management can help you manage fatigue and help you overcome it.
- Take up activities that will help to distract you from your illness like gardening, bird watching, walking in the park, photography, etc.
Some home remedies for heart failure are:
- Garlic is very beneficial for problems like high cholesterol, blood pressure, coronary heart disease, etc. It also helps to prevent the hardening of arteries (atherosclerosis) and improves blood circulation. You can eat 1-2 fresh cloves of garlic every day or you can take garlic supplements instead.
- Hawthorn is an excellent herb for the cardiovascular system and can be beneficial in the case of heart failure. The herb helps to improve the contractions of the cardiac muscles resulting in stronger pumping and also increases the flow of blood to the heart. Hawthorn also helps to enhance the cardiac output and performance and reduces the load on the heart.
- Research has found that extract from the Chinese hibiscus flow has anti-atherosclerosis effects and the flower has antioxidants that help to prevent bad cholesterol, the main cause of heart failure. You can drink herbal tea made by boiling petals of hibiscus in water with a teaspoon of raw honey once in a week for beneficial effects.
- Turmeric is found to be very beneficial for heart health and can prevent atherosclerosis. The curcumin present in turmeric helps to keep the heart healthy by preventing the oxidation of cholesterol, formation of clots and plaque build-up. Using turmeric in your cooking regularly is a good idea. Or, you can boil a teaspoon of turmeric in a cup of milk or water and drink it 1-2 times in a day for a few months for excellent benefits. You can also have turmeric in the form of a supplement too.
- Cayenne pepper is excellent for the treatment of circulatory and heart problems. The compound capsaicin present in cayenne helps to lower cholesterol levels and prevent the irregular rhythms of the heart. You can add ½ - 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to a glass of hot water and drink it 2-3 times in a week or you can take cayenne supplements.
Don’t get disappointed if your kid is affected by ADHD as it can be controlled. Consult a specialist. At the same time, don’t feel negative about yourself and practice meditation for at least 20 minutes per day.
What Are The Tips For Depression
To fight against depression following can help:
- Relaxation techniques (Yoga, meditation).
- Stay connected with people.
- Stay in sunlight for some time every day.
- Get professional help.
What Are The Tips For Eye Health
- Stimulate the eye muscles every morning. When you wake up splash some cold or cool water on your face. The fill water in your mouth and close your eyes and splash cold water on your eyes. This exercise helps to stimulate your eyes.
- Massaging your eyes, especially if you work long hours in front of the computer can help to improve eye circulation and reduces eye fatigue.
- Do some eye exercises to reduce eye strain and improve eye health.
- Sleep well, as this allows the eyes to get rest and relief from strain and bright lights. Meditating around 10 minutes before going to bed can ensure a good night’s sleep.
Some natural remedies for good eye health are:
- Saffron is a spice that prevents eye problems such as cataracts.
- Milk thistle contains silymarin that helps to repair the eye and prevents eye problems.
- Bilberry is a rich source of the bioflavonoid which helps to regenerate rhodopsin, the pigment used by the rods in the eyes. Consuming bilberry can help to improve night vision.
- Gingko Biloba helps to increase the circulation to the rear portion of the eye and is a great remedy for eye problems like glaucoma and macular degeneration.
- Flowers of eyebright plant have been used for several centuries to treat eye irritation.
- Mix the juices of celery, carrot, chicory, and parsley and consume this as it helps to nourish the optic nerve and is very beneficial for eye health.
- Eating raw fennel seeds or making tea with fennel or using it as an eyewash can helps to reduce vision problems such as cataract.
- Cayenne pepper increases the blood flow to the eyes and is beneficial for eye health.
- Endive juice is a great remedy for myopia and it can also be consumed by mixing it with celery, carrot and parsley juice.
Some natural remedies for the condition of fatty liver are:
- Mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with warm water and drink this before your meals twice a day for a few months. Apple cider vinegar is a great remedy for fatty liver as it helps in weight loss and also gets rid of the fat that is accumulated around the liver. It also helps to reduce inflammation and promotes the healthy function of the liver.
- Add the juice of half a lemon to a glass of water and drink this 2-3 times in a day for many weeks. Lemons contain vitamin C that helps to detoxify the liver.
- Adding a teaspoon of dry dandelion root to a glass of hot water and drinking it 2-3 times daily after steeping it for 5-10 minutes is very beneficial to treat fatty liver disease, as dandelion helps to metabolize the fat around the liver and helps in detoxification. You can also add dandelion leaves in your recipes. However, you must avoid the herb if you are pregnant or diabetic.
- Green tea has antioxidants that can help to reduce the fat from the liver and also improves the liver function. Drinking 3-4 cups of green tea in a day can help to treat fatty liver. You can also have it in the form of capsules or an extract.
- Turmeric contains curcumin, which is believed to prevent fatty liver and also helps in the detoxification of the liver. Mixing half a teaspoon of turmeric in hot water or milk and drinking it 1-2 times in a day can help for the condition of fatty liver.
- Liquorice root helps to decrease the activities of the enzymes AST and ALT in the case of fatty liver disease and also helps to prevent damage caused due to toxins and heavy metals. Adding ½ a teaspoon of dried liquorice root to a glass of hot water, allowing it to steep for 5-10 minutes and drinking the tea twice a day can help in the case of fatty liver disease. You can also mix a tablespoon of liquorice powder with some honey and have it once a day for a few weeks for relief.
- Both papaya seeds, as well as papaya fruit, are great for the treatment of fatty liver. You can grind around 5-6 papaya seeds and mix it with a tablespoon of lemon juice twice a day for a month or eat some papaya fruit with honey every day or include raw papaya in your recipes as a cure for fatty liver disease.
What Are The Tips For Asthma
Having a nebuliser at home will be helpful for acute asthmatic episodes.
A supplement called coenzyme Q10 has shown an increase in cardiovascular performance. Discuss with your doctor before taking supplements.
What Are The Tips For Skin care
- Exfoliate your face with scrub made for face.
- De-germ your cell phone.
- Take some steam: Blocked nose can be opened up by taking steam. There are a lot of steamers available in market these days, which makes easy to breathe in the steam. If a steamer is not available, then one can take steam from boiling water’s pot. Always remember to breathe through the nose while taking steam. Also, be careful as the steam can burn the nose badly. One can add a few prescribed medicines to the boiling water for better results.
- Blow the mucus out: During a typical cold, excessive mucus is formed. Hence, it is important to blow it out instead of sniffing it back to the nasal passage. But be careful as blowing the nose too hard can make the germs enter to the ear passage that may lead to ear infections and ear ache. The right way of blowing nose is to press one finger on one of the nostrils and gently blow the other one.
- Use Salt-Water or Saline Spray to rinse: These may help to ease the congestion by breaking it up.
What Are The Tips For Diarrhoea
Following precautions can be taken to prevent Diarrhoea:
- Wash your hands before eating and after using the bathroom.
- Wash your hands after touching your pet or their waste.
- Use soap for about 20 seconds while washing hands, in the case of absence of soap use sanitizer.
- Keep children away from putting contaminated objects into their mouths.
Nutritional and complementary substances that have shown to improve immune system functioning include: