ASCAPIL A TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of ASCAPIL A TABLET
It is a broad spectrum anti parasitic agent found effective against many parasites mainly parasitic worm and other types of multicellular parasites.
It is used in the treatment of
- Head lice
- Onchocerciasis (river blindness)
- Other worm infestations
It is taken orally or applied on to the skin as a topical agent.
It causes the death of parasite by increasing the permeability of the cell membrane.
Side Effects Of ASCAPIL A TABLET
Side Effects Of Salt: Ivermectin
Some of the common side-effects are:
- Dry skin
- Burning of skin
- Redness of eyes
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occur:
- Vision changes
Contraindications Of ASCAPIL A TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Ivermectin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding.
- Renal disease
- Hepatic disease
Head lice infestation is medically called as pediculosis capitis. Head lice (louse) are small, blood-sucking tan colored parasites without wings found on human heads. It is a commonly occurring insect, which attaches itself to the scalp and sucks human blood. Lice are minuscule and moving, hard to spot insects especially in thick hair headed persons. Eggs of these lice are called nits. Nits are very tiny and difficult to be seen. Lice lay their eggs (nits) on hair roots; the presence of white nits confirms the implication of a head lice infestation. It should not be confused with any bacterial or viral infectious diseases. Head lice also do not produce any viral infections in the human body. The manifestation of nits also circumstantiates active head lice, even when one doesn’t find any live louse or nymph (infant louse).
An itchy and highly transmittable disease caused by a small eight-legged parasite named Sarcoptes scabies. This tiny mite goes deep into the skin causing severe irritation at night. It can be found in every age but most frequently in children and it was estimated to infect over 300 million.
Symptoms Treated With ASCAPIL A TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Head Lice
Head louse is a condition, which is almost asymptomatic, but the itching is the most common symptom.
- Itching on and near the scalp, and on nearby areas commonly occurs because of an antigen production in reaction to the saliva of the louse. In the first infestation, one may not feel the itching for a month or two.
- Visible Lice in hairs: Since the lice move very fast, they are troublesome to be seen, but sometimes they can be diligently spotted.
- Nits on the hair roots: The lice eggs attach to the hair strands, although they are very difficult to be seen, as they grow in size they become tangible. They can be spotted mostly in the neck hairline and the hairs behind the ears. White nits or light-colored nits are empty and fairly easy to spot as they stick on the hair strands. Though the occurrence of nits doesn't determine a head lice infestation, yet soon they will grow to become lice.
- Head lice also cause a tickling and feeling of some movement in the hair due to the crawling of the lice.
What Are The Symptoms Of Scabies
The symptoms take about more than four weeks to appear. Some of the most common symptoms of this disease are: -
- Skin Rashes.
- Intense Itching.
- Bumps under the skin.
- Hives on reproductive organs.
- Scales or blisters.
- Sores caused by scratching.
Causes of diseases where ASCAPIL A TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Head Lice
Few causes of the lice manifestation in the head:
- Head lice are highly contagious. The cause of head lice is not related to one's hygiene or cleanliness issues. Head lice have been around for thousands of years and being social is something humans cannot let go of.
- They transfer from one person to another due to a head to head contact directly or indirectly.
- Since lice can survive for a short time on hair brushes, hats, and clothing, thus these are often held responsible for spreading of infestations.
- Sleeping in the same bed with a person who has lice. Since lice cannot fly, they can crawl from one’s head to the bed, and finally, to another human's head.
What Are The Causes Of Scabies
This disease is very contagious and can easily be transmitted by direct touch. The mites are highly active and remain only for 24 to 36 hour in a host body. Generally, it is not transmitted from a single handshake but it is possible.
Common transmitters of this disease are: -
- Sexual Contact.
- Sharing of clothes.
- Treating patients.
- Transmitting from pets.
Best Foods With ASCAPIL A TABLET
What Are The Best Foods For Head Lice
One should take a healthy balanced diet. Few foods to consume when infected with lice are/;
- Vitamin C rich foods. Eating foods rich in vitamin C will help with the healing of the lesions and the red bumps that appear after an infection with lice. Some vitamin C rich foods are oranges, grapefruits, strawberries, kale broccoli and red pepper.
- Dairy Products: Some of the dairy products increase the healing rate of the sores and scabs occurred due to head lice. Dairy products have zinc and protein in them which helps in healing the wound at a faster rate. Few dairy products are milk and curd.
- Garlic and bay leaves. Eating raw garlic builds antibodies repel the head lice. The natural compounds and aromatic nature of bay leave also drive away lice.
What Are The Best Foods For Scabies
Diet plays an important role in curing or prevention from diseases. The most common recommendation about the food in Scabies are: -
- Oils: There are several oils which can be helpful in this case as oil is known for reducing itching.
- Oils like Anise Seed Oil, Neem Oil, Clove oil, Rosemary oil, and tea tree oil are known to kill scabies mites and also stop them from breeding. While clove oil can dry up scabies blisters and rashes.
- Walnuts: Adding walnuts in your diet will surely help you. It will not work as a repellent of this disease instead work by giving you energy and improving your immune system.
- Garlic: Garlic is known for its function of working against parasites. Surely, garlic contains nutrients which help in improving nerves and skin. Garlic is rich in manganese and vitamin B6 which both contributes to improving health.
- Cayenne Pepper: This really eliminates pain associated with skin rashes as this pepper includes a chemical, named capsaicin that relieves itching.
Worst Foods With ASCAPIL A TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Head Lice
Few foods that are bad for sores and scabs formed by head lice:
- Junk foods: Junk food contains salt, high saturated fat, and sugar. Consuming such foods results in a lack of vitamins and proteins required in the human body and thus causes inflammation in the body and it delays in wound healing caused by lice.
- Nitrate rich foods: Consuming nitrate rich foods results in damaging of blood vessels, which may cause soreness and delayed healing due to head lice infestation. Few nitrate rich foods include processed meats like bacon, hot dogs, and deli meat.
What Are The Worst Foods For Scabies
Some of the foods act as an enhancer of the disease. Thus, avoid them completely. Some of them are: -
- Dairy products: Dairy products can be very harmful to the person having scabies as this can increase the pace of multiplication of parasites. Avoid curd, butter, cheese, and cream.
- Alcohol: Avoid drinking alcohol for some days as this can be a great medium for parasites. Try to avoid beverages too.
- Citrus products: Avoid all sour products including sauces and chutneys etc.
- Spices: Forget about the taste for few days and avoid eating spicy food as it can cause a severe problem.
- Seafood and Eggs: These both are high in histamines. Thus, try to avoid them as much as you can.
Do's With Usage of ASCAPIL A TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Head Lice
The female lice yield a sticky substance in order to attacheach egg to a hair shaft. Nits are attached at 3/16 inches from the bottom of hair as that is the condition for nits’ incubation. Some tips to follow to eradicate the head lice:
- Nits and lice need to be removed by using a fine-toothed comb.
- Wash and sterilize all bed linen and clothes, which were used by a person infected with the head lice.
- Washing soft toys that are in contact with people infected with lice is also prudent.
- Shampooing frequently helps in lice eradication.
- Sterilize the combs and products used near head region.
- Check the children scalp regularly.
- Vinegar Treatment-White Vinegar and Apple Cider Vinegar make it quite easier for one to remove lice by combing. Since lice lay their nits (eggs) closer to hair shafts and glue it with a sticky substance. That is where Vinegar comes handy as it is instrumental in slackening that sticky substance and thus nits (eggs) easily comes off while combing.
- Since most lice removal shampoos and oils are freely available in the drug stores, therefore check with a healthcare professional before applying on babies and infants as some ingredients may not be recommended for small children.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Scabies
Here are some tips that one should do who is suffering from scabies
- Visit a doctor as soon as you observe symptoms.
- Wash all the clothes including towels with hot water.
- Bath with cold water mixed with vinegar.
- Avoid eating dairy products.
- Use of tea tree oil on rashes can really be beneficial.
- Wash twice all your personal items properly.
Dont's With Usage Of ASCAPIL A TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Head Lice
Some Don'ts for eradicating or preventing lice:
- Children should not make head contacts with each other.
- Do not share hats, helmets, earphones and especially combs.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Scabies
Try not to do these things for the management of this disease:
- Don’t ignore any skin rash over your body.
- Don’t try too much with home remedies as it can cause burning sensations.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfASCAPIL A TABLET
What Are The Tips For Head Lice
- Head lice usually do not originate any serious diseases and can be cured completely.
- Try for traditional remedies that have been used over the years to treat head lice. Medical evidence for these remedies have not been thoroughly studied but using them will not cause any harm on trying. Oils or mayonnaise, and tea-tree oils can be applied on the scalp, and while bathing, cover scalp with a shower cap.
What Are The Tips For Scabies
Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the victim: -
- Drink lots of water, as along with food proper watering is also important to be healthy. Always carry a water bottle with you.
- Wear cotton clothes as other materials like latex and wool can cause burning and itching.
- Sulphur Soap: Choice of soap is very important in scabies. The patient should wash his/her hands with sulphur soap.