AZANOL 50 MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of AZANOL 50 MG TABLET
Azathioprine (alone or in combination with other medicine) is used:
- To prevent rejection after an organ transplantation
To treat many types of autoimmune diseases like:
It is given as an immunosuppressive therapy.
Side Effects Of AZANOL 50 MG TABLET
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Vomiting, nausea, skin rashes, diarrhea
- Bone marrow suppression
- Increased risk of lymphoma
Contraindications Of AZANOL 50 MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Azathioprine
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
- Kidney/ liver disease
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease mainly affecting the joints. In an autoimmune disease body’s immune system mistakenly attacks its own healthy cells. Rheumatoid arthritis causes warm, swollen and painful joints. The joints of hands and wrists are commonly involved but it may affect other body parts also. It can affect hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, hips, knees, ankles, toes.
Immunity building refers to any measures taken to assist and strengthen the body’s immune system to function optimally and to help ward off disease. Proper functioning is necessary for us to maintain ideal health.
The state in which the immune system is functioning sub-optimally is called immunodeficiency. Immunodeficiency states can have serious consequences e.g. predisposing to life-threatening infective diseases or cancer. Overfunctioning of the immune system is also common. Conditions in which the immune system over functions are hypersensitivity reactions or allergies, as well as autoimmune diseases (when the immune system recognises the body's cells as "foreign" and starts to attack them).
The immune system is intricately and very detailed in its design. The system is divided into innate and adaptive immunity. Innate immunity is the body’s first defence against external factors. These include physical defence mechanisms such as skin, mucosa and cell walls, as well as scavenger immune molecules that catch foreign particles in the blood and lymphatic streams.
It is an immediate defence mechanism and non-specific. It does not adapt over time. White blood cells called macrophages and phagocytes form part of the body’s innate system. Once the innate immune system recognises a threat to the body, these cells activate a system called the complement cascade which leads to further activation of more of the immune system's cells.
The adaptive immune system is more focused and contains antibodies that are formed after exposure to specific foreign substances called antigens. Antibodies are called immunoglobulins, and lymphocytes are the cells responsible for activation of the innate immune system.
Poor diet, fatigue, stress as well as certain substances or medications can all lead to over- or underperformance of the immune system. Organs that form part of the immune systems include your spleen, tonsils/ adenoids, lymphatic system and bone marrow.
Symptoms Treated With AZANOL 50 MG TABLET
Symptoms of arthritis develop gradually over a week to months. The signs and symptoms may vary as per the organ of the body on which it attacks.
The signs and symptoms are as follows:
- Joints- Inflammation of the synovial membrane, swelling, tenderness, feeling of warmth, stiffness.
- Lungs: Lung fibrosis
- Skin: Vasculitis (inflammation of the blood vessels), Erythema
- Blood Vessels and heart: Inflammation of vessels, myocardial infarction, strokes
- Blood: Anaemia, increased platelet counts,
Other common symptoms are fatigue, weight loss, malaise, morning stiffness, fever, loss of appetite.
The commonest symptoms of ulcerative colitis include:
- Abdominal pain and cramping
- Blood or mucus in stools
- Severe ulcerative colitis may present with associated systemic symptoms such as:
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
Associated autoimmune systemic manifestations may include:
- Arthritis (seronegative)
- Oral aphthous ulcers
- Skin conditions such as erythema nodosum
- Inflammatory eye conditions such as uveitis
Causes of diseases where AZANOL 50 MG TABLET is used
The exact cause of Rheumatoid Arthritis is not known. It is caused by the inflammation of the synovium in which our own immune system starts attacking the healthy body tissues. The inflammation of the thin lining of the cells covering the tissues and joints results in Rheumatoid arthritis.
The factors triggering the RA are enlisted as below:
- Genetic factors: A person with a family history of RA is more likely to suffer from this disease.
- Hormonal factors: Women are more likely to suffer from Rheumatoid Arthritis than Men. This can be due to the presence of more number of estrogens in women, but the link between estrogens and RA has not been proven yet.
- Environmental Factors: Smoking is found to be linked to Rheumatoid Arthritis. People who smoke more are at greater risk of getting Rheumatoid Arthritis than people who don’t smoke.
No specific cause of ulcerative colitis has yet been identified, but numerous factors are thought to play a role:
- Genetics- higher incidence of recurrence if a family member is affected. Higher rates of infection in identical twins. No specific genomic defect could be identified up to date
- Diet- Diets high in pro-inflammatory foods such as saturated fatty acids, refined starches and alcohol are suggested to have some influence in predisposing to ulcerative colitis
- Medications- Non-Steroidal anti-inflammatories (NSAIDs), antibiotics and oral contraceptives may also play a contributory role.
- Stress- Emotional and life stressors may have some effect on ulcerative colitis, although no specific studies have been definitive. Stress is considered to be a trigger of acute flare-ups in existing disease, rather than a cause.
Best Foods With AZANOL 50 MG TABLET
Although there is no specific diet to cure RA, but one can try the following foods to relieve the symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis:
- Garlic: It contains diallyl disulfide which helps to relieve the symptoms of arthritis especially inflammation.
- Turmeric: It contains curcumin which is the best anti-inflammatory agent to treat Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Broccoli, cabbage and Brussels sprouts: They contain sulforaphane which helps to slow the progression of cartilage damage and thus treats Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Fatty Fish: They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and found helpful in the treatment of inflammation during arthritis.
- Walnuts: Rich in omega-3 fatty acids, it helps to reduce the inflammation.
- Spinach, Berries- These contains antioxidants and also served as anti-inflammatory agents
- Foods high in Omega 3. They have an anti-inflammatory effect on gut lining. Fatty fish is the best source. These include salmon, tuna and mackerel.
- Foods high in probiotics- kombucha, yoghurt, kefir, cheese, sauerkraut.
- Iron rich foods if you have anaemia associated with UC. Red meats, green leafy vegetables, egg yolks, liver are good sources.
- Folate-rich foods have shown to decrease the risk of cancer associated with ulcerative colitis. Avocado, Beetroot, broccoli and chickpeas contain folate.
Worst Foods With AZANOL 50 MG TABLET
- Processed and fried foods increase inflammation.
- Alcohol and tobacco: Alcohol and tobacco consumers are at the increased risk of having arthritis.
- Excess salt: Intake of a high amount of salt can increase the inflammation.
- Sugar products: These can worsen rheumatoid arthritis by increasing inflammation in the arteries.
- Wheat and gluten: Increase joint pain.
- Dried fruits
- High fibre foods (increased frequency of loose stools)
- Refined sugars
- Seeds and nuts, popcorn
Do's With Usage of AZANOL 50 MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Rheumatoid arthritis
- Reduce weight: Losing some pounds can help to fight this disease.
- Get adequate sleep: Sound sleep can help to relieve the symptoms.
- Pay attention to the early symptoms: It is advised to visit a doctor if you notice any symptoms related to RA. This can help to start the treatment at the earliest.
- Perform some physical activities or exercise: Doing exercise regularly will keep the muscles and joints moving.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Ulcerative colitis
- Keep a journal of your diet. Each individual has different triggers that may predispose to developing. It is important to identify your own particular triggers, as they should be avoided.
- Hydrate and replenish electrolytes. Recurrent bouts of diarrhoea may predispose to dehydration as well as electrolyte imbalances.
- Exercise helps improve general well-being, lowers inflammation and systemic side effects. Moderation should be applied, and generally, exercise during acute flare-ups is not advised.
Dont's With Usage Of AZANOL 50 MG TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Rheumatoid arthritis
- Don’t smoke: It can trigger Rheumatoid arthritis.
- Don’t skip medications: When people start feeling good they started to skip the medication. Don’t skip the medications without consulting with the doctor.
- Don’t be a couch potato: Although it is recommended to take rest if you had RA but taking too much rest can make your pain worse. Performing small physical works can help to keep the joints moving.
- Don’t take fish supplements without consulting a doctor. Taking any such medication can interfere with your treatment and result in side effects.
- Don’t drink alcohol: It can slow down the effect of your medications.
- Don’t lose hope: Losing the hope can make you depress and can hinder the treatment process.
- Don’t try any vigorous exercise: Exercise should be done only under the supervision of a trainer. Vigorous exercise can worsen the symptoms.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Ulcerative colitis
- Ulcerative colitis can take its toll on your body, and acute flare-ups may use up a lot of energy. Avoid overexertion and only participate in a mild exercise during flares.
- Life stressors may cause acute flare-ups. Do not allow stress to build up. Practice relaxation techniques. Take frequent breaks from work if possible.
- Emotional stressors are also linked to flare-ups. Consider psychotherapy to address comorbid anxiety or depression.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfAZANOL 50 MG TABLET
Since there is no cure for Rheumatoid arthritis but it can be managed. Use of medication and some changes in lifestyle can help to improve the quality of daily life. Below are some tips by which a person can manage Rheumatoid arthritis effectively:
- Try to avoid prolonged static positions. Avoid long sittings.
- Exercise and practice Yoga
- Use hot or cold ice packs
- Take healthy and nutritious diet
- Practice meditation and relaxation techniques
- Turmeric has been shown to lower gut inflammation as well as lowering relapse rates.
- Acupuncture has shown some effect on reducing symptoms and improving general health.