BACSTOL 200 TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of BACSTOL 200 TABLET
Main uses of Trimethoprim are Urinary tract infections, middle Ear Infections, stomach and intestinal infection and Pneumonia caused by Pneumocystis Jiroveci bacteria.
Side Effects Of BACSTOL 200 TABLET
Common effects are nausea, rash, vomiting, diarrhoea, itching and sun sensitivity.
- Some rare side effects are also observed like:
- Thrombocytopenia (low platelet count)
- Mouth ulcers and leg pain due to reduction in folic acid concentration in body
- Megaloblastic anemia
- Slow & faulty production of red blood cells due to folic acid deficiency
- Hyperkalemia (increase in potassium level in body)
Rise in serum creatinine.
Contraindications Of BACSTOL 200 TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Trimethoprim
It is highly contraindicated in patients with hypersensitivity to the drug, megaloblastic anemia and folic acid deficiency, liver problems, kidney disorders, reduced bone marrow function and pregnancy.
- Urinary tract infection is defined as an infection of any part of the urinary system (bladder, urethra, kidneys, and ureters).
Symptoms Treated With BACSTOL 200 TABLET
Following are the symptoms UTI:
- A burning sensation while urinating
- An intense or frequent urge for urinating, though very may come out when you do so.
- Feeling shaky or tired.
- Pressure or pain in back/ lower abdomen.
- Dark, bloody, cloudy or strangely foul smelling urine.
- Chills or fever indicating that the infection may have reached the kidneys.
Causes of diseases where BACSTOL 200 TABLET is used
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are caused by microbes such as bacteria that affect the bladder, kidneys and tubes connected to them.
- Women are at greater risk of getting Urinary tract infections. It happens because the tube (called urethra), which carries the urine from the bladder to outside the body, is situated very close to the anus. Bacteria from E.coli like large intestine can easily enter the urethra after escaping the anus. They travel up to the bladder from there and keep infecting the kidney if the infection is not treated. Women have shorter urethras, making them more prone to UTIs, as bacteria can quickly enter the bladder.
- Bacteria can be introduced in urinary tract by having sex with the infected partner too.
Worst Foods With BACSTOL 200 TABLET
- Chocolate, carbonation, citrus fruits and caffeine: These can irritate the lining of the bladder, and make it easier for bacteria to stick on.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Spicy foods
Do's With Usage of BACSTOL 200 TABLET
- Drink a lot of water as it helps in flushing out the bacteria.
- Drinking one tsp of baking soda mixed in 8 ounces of fresh water helps in reducing the acidity and burning sensation in urine. However, don’t take it for more than a week as soda is high in sodium.
- If you feel cramps around your bladder, use the hot water bottle and apply heat. This will provide relief from pain.
Dont's With Usage Of BACSTOL 200 TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urinary tract infection
- Don’t’ hold your urge to pee, as this increases the chances of multiplying the bacteria. Pee as soon as you feel the urge.
- Avoid wiping from back to front, after a bowel movement as germs can get into urethra easily.