BANOCIDE FORTE TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of BANOCIDE FORTE TABLET
Diethylcarbamazine is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Filariasis (parasitic infection)
- Lymphatic filariasis (parasitic infection of lymph nodes and lymph vessels)
- Loiasis (African eye worm)
- Tropical pulmonary eosinophilia
- Onchocerciasis (river blindness)
Side Effects Of BANOCIDE FORTE TABLET
Diethylcarbamazine is usually safe, but in some cases may cause side effects such as:
- Facial swelling, itching
- Feeling tired, headache
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of BANOCIDE FORTE TABLET
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug diethylcarbamazine or any other allergies.
- Eye problems
- Pregnancy, any recent surgery
It is a parasitic infectious disease caused by roundworms of the Filarioidea type. These are thread-like nematodes that belong to the roundworm filarioidea family.
This disease belongs to helminthiases. The infection is spread by blood-feeding mosquitoes and black flies. There are 8 types of known filarial nematodes which use human as their best host. They are divided into 3 categories on the basis of the niche in the body they occupy:
Lymphatic filariasis: Here, the lymphatic system is occupied by the worms including lymph nodes. These worms are Brugia timori, Wuchereria bancrofti, and Brugia malayi. In chronic conditions, elephantiasis may develop.
Subcutaneous filariasis: Here, the subcutaneous layer of the skin is occupied by the worms. These worms are Onchocerca volvulus, Mansonella streptocera and Loa loa.
Serous cavity filariasis: Here, the serous cavity of the abdomen is occupied by the worms. These worms are Mansonella ozzardi and Mansonella perstans Mansonella ozzardi.
Symptoms Treated With BANOCIDE FORTE TABLET
What Are The Symptoms Of Filariasis
The most common symptom is edema which further results in elephantiasis (swelling and thickening of the skin and underlying tissues). This occurs when worms attack the lymphatic system.
Other symptoms are :
- Subcutaneous form: itching, urticaria, skin rashes, arthritis, onchocerciasis(river blindness)
- Serous cavity filariasis: Symptoms are similar to subcutaneous form in addition to abdominal pain
Causes of diseases where BANOCIDE FORTE TABLET is used
What Are The Causes Of Filariasis
Filariasis is caused by the infected mosquitoes of Filarioidea type. They bite the human body and inject filarial parasites into the body. Multiplication of microfilariae by takes place inside the body which can live for around 6-8 years in a body. Thus millions of immature larvae are produced which circulates in the blood.
When mosquitoes bite the infected person microfilariae enters their bloodstream. They develop into infective larvae inside the mosquito. When these infected mosquitoes bite the human body, the mature parasite larvae are injected into the body through the skin and bloodstream. They mature into an adult worm in the lymphatic vessel and in this way the cycle of transmission continues.
Worst Foods With BANOCIDE FORTE TABLET
What Are The Worst Foods For Filariasis
- Fatty and spicy foods: These increases the inflammation so should be avoided.
Do's With Usage of BANOCIDE FORTE TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Filariasis
- Sleep under a mosquito net during net to prevent the attack of mosquitoes
- Limit your outdoor activities during dusk and dawn. As during this time period, the mosquitoes are highly active.
- Cover yourself with the full sleeves clothes to minimize the attack on the body. More the skin is exposed more will be chances of an attack.
- Use mosquito repellent on the exposed skin. This will keep the mosquitoes away.
- Exercise to reduce the inflammation and to keep the body warm.
Dont's With Usage Of BANOCIDE FORTE TABLET
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Filariasis
- Avoid going out at dusk and dawn as during this period parasites are highly active.
- Don’t keep water in coolers for a long duration.
- Don’t drink cold water as it can make you fall ill
- Restrict the intake of milk and its products
- Don’t allow the water to stand in sewage and your household as these are the common sites for mosquitoes.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfBANOCIDE FORTE TABLET
What Are The Tips For Filariasis
- Filariasis can be managed with preventive techniques. The best way to prevent this disease is to stay away from mosquitoes and protect yourself from their infectious bites.
- Keeping the surrounding clean will reduce the mosquitoes.
- This is a global health issue. Education and awareness can help to eradicate this infectious disease from the society.