BENDEX PLUS TABLET 1`S has the following salts in its composition
1) Albendazole 2) Ivermectin
Uses Of BENDEX PLUS TABLET 1`S
Albendazole is used to treat certain infections caused by worms like Tapeworm, e.g., pork Tapeworm, dog Tapeworm.
It is a broad spectrum anti parasitic agent found effective against many parasites mainly parasitic worm and other types of multicellular parasites.
It is used in the treatment of
- Head lice
- Onchocerciasis (river blindness)
- Other worm infestations
It is taken orally or applied on to the skin as a topical agent.
It causes the death of parasite by increasing the permeability of the cell membrane.
Side Effects Of BENDEX PLUS TABLET 1`S
Some of the common side-effects are:
- Abdominal pain
- Temporary hair loss
Side Effects Of Salt: Ivermectin
Some of the common side-effects are:
- Dry skin
- Burning of skin
- Redness of eyes
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occur:
- Vision changes
Contraindications Of BENDEX PLUS TABLET 1`S
Contraindications Of Salt: Albendazole
Before taking Albendazole, please inform your doctor if you have or had any of the following conditions:
- Liver disease
- Bone marrow/ blood disorders
- Biliary tract problems like blockage
- Alcohol habit
Contraindications Of Salt: Ivermectin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding.
- Renal disease
- Hepatic disease
Tapeworms also referred to as "cestodes," are parasites that infect mammalian hosts. There are different types of tapeworms. Beef (taenia Naginata), fish (di-phyllo bothrium), dwarf and pork (taenia sodium) tapeworms most commonly affect human hosts.
Tapeworms mostly occupy the gastrointestinal tract (GIT) of their host, but can also affect other organs. Tapeworms are ingested in different stages of their parasitic growth cycle, usually as eggs or larvae via contaminated sources such as soil or contact with animal faeces.
Pork tapeworm (Taenia sodium) infection is slightly more common than beef tapeworms in humans. Taenia sodium can grow to about 3.5 meters in length and can live up to twenty-five years. Larvae are ingested when eating uncooked meat. The larvae are found in the muscles of the pig, and when meat is consumed without proper cooking, the live larvae are released in the gastrointestinal tract.
Pork larvae infestation of the GIT is referred to as taeniasis, while infestation in organs other than the GIT is called cysticercosis. Pork larvae can migrate out of the gastrointestinal tract, and form cysts in organs such as the spleen or the liver. Neurocysticercosis occurs when pork larvae migrate and deposit in the brain. Neurocysticercosis is the commonest parasitic infestation in the central nervous system worldwide.
Beef tapeworm (Taenia Naginata) occupy the small intestines of hosts. They are long flat worms and attach themselves to the mucosal wall of the intestines with their scolex (head). They survive by feeding off the nutrients in the intestines consumed by the host. They can be up to nine meters in length. To protect themselves from the host’s immune system, they tunnel into the muscles or other organs and form protective cysts around themselves. These cysts can remain undetected for long periods, and may only cause symptoms after years of infestation.
Tapeworm treatment is through antiparasitic medications, while the diagnosis is made on clinical grounds. CT scans or MRIs may be needed in the case of chronic cysticercosis, especially if central nervous system infection is suspected.
Tapeworms are endemic to tropical areas in Asia, central and southern America, as well as central and southern Africa. Low income and developing countries are typically more affected due to lesser hygiene and sanitation standards.
Head lice infestation is medically called as pediculosis capitis. Head lice (louse) are small, blood-sucking tan colored parasites without wings found on human heads. It is a commonly occurring insect, which attaches itself to the scalp and sucks human blood. Lice are minuscule and moving, hard to spot insects especially in thick hair headed persons. Eggs of these lice are called nits. Nits are very tiny and difficult to be seen. Lice lay their eggs (nits) on hair roots; the presence of white nits confirms the implication of a head lice infestation. It should not be confused with any bacterial or viral infectious diseases. Head lice also do not produce any viral infections in the human body. The manifestation of nits also circumstantiates active head lice, even when one doesn’t find any live louse or nymph (infant louse).
An itchy and highly transmittable disease caused by a small eight-legged parasite named Sarcoptes scabies. This tiny mite goes deep into the skin causing severe irritation at night. It can be found in every age but most frequently in children and it was estimated to infect over 300 million.
Symptoms Treated With BENDEX PLUS TABLET 1`S
What Are The Symptoms Of Tapeworm
Infestation by tapeworms is asymptomatic in the majority of cases. Generalised symptoms include:
- Abdominal discomfort
- Hunger and increased appetite
- Visualisation of worms when passed in faeces
- Micronutrient malnutrition
- Weight loss despite adequate nutritional intake
Cysticercosis infestation’s symptoms depend on which area is affected. Muscle infestation will present with myalgia, fever, or calcified lumps in muscle. Eye infestation can affect eye muscles, causing visual disturbances or loss of vision. Skin infestation can cause hardened subcutaneous nodules that may be painful.
Neurocysticercosis causes its own set of symptoms. Up to eighty percent of cases are asymptomatic. According to the World Health Organisation, 30% of epilepsy cases in endemic areas may be due to tapeworm infection. After evading the host's immune system for some years, the cyst will eventually break down, and start an inflammatory reaction in the tissues. This can lead to symptoms such as:
Symptoms of raised intracranial pressure
- Neurological fall-out
- Epilepsy or unexplained seizures
- Infection of the brain or meninges (meningo/-encephalitis)
What Are The Symptoms Of Head Lice
Head louse is a condition, which is almost asymptomatic, but the itching is the most common symptom.
- Itching on and near the scalp, and on nearby areas commonly occurs because of an antigen production in reaction to the saliva of the louse. In the first infestation, one may not feel the itching for a month or two.
- Visible Lice in hairs: Since the lice move very fast, they are troublesome to be seen, but sometimes they can be diligently spotted.
- Nits on the hair roots: The lice eggs attach to the hair strands, although they are very difficult to be seen, as they grow in size they become tangible. They can be spotted mostly in the neck hairline and the hairs behind the ears. White nits or light-colored nits are empty and fairly easy to spot as they stick on the hair strands. Though the occurrence of nits doesn't determine a head lice infestation, yet soon they will grow to become lice.
- Head lice also cause a tickling and feeling of some movement in the hair due to the crawling of the lice.
What Are The Symptoms Of Scabies
The symptoms take about more than four weeks to appear. Some of the most common symptoms of this disease are: -
- Skin Rashes.
- Intense Itching.
- Bumps under the skin.
- Hives on reproductive organs.
- Scales or blisters.
- Sores caused by scratching.
Causes of diseases where BENDEX PLUS TABLET 1`S is used
What Are The Causes Of Tapeworm
The biggest cause of tapeworm infestation is ingestion of viable larvae. The commonest route is via oral ingestion of undercooked or raw meats, containing larvae.
It is possible to be contaminated by tapeworms without dietary consumption, through contact with a host or carrier. Eggs can typically be found under the fingernails of hosts.
Eating of foods prepared in areas of improper hygiene conditions may also lead to infestation. Contaminated soil can spread the larvae to unwashed fruits and vegetables.
What Are The Causes Of Head Lice
Few causes of the lice manifestation in the head:
- Head lice are highly contagious. The cause of head lice is not related to one's hygiene or cleanliness issues. Head lice have been around for thousands of years and being social is something humans cannot let go of.
- They transfer from one person to another due to a head to head contact directly or indirectly.
- Since lice can survive for a short time on hair brushes, hats, and clothing, thus these are often held responsible for spreading of infestations.
- Sleeping in the same bed with a person who has lice. Since lice cannot fly, they can crawl from one’s head to the bed, and finally, to another human's head.
What Are The Causes Of Scabies
This disease is very contagious and can easily be transmitted by direct touch. The mites are highly active and remain only for 24 to 36 hour in a host body. Generally, it is not transmitted from a single handshake but it is possible.
Common transmitters of this disease are: -
- Sexual Contact.
- Sharing of clothes.
- Treating patients.
- Transmitting from pets.
Worst Foods With BENDEX PLUS TABLET 1`S
What Are The Worst Foods For Tapeworm
- Undercooked or raw meats such as pork or beef should be avoided.
- Sugar. Used by parasites for fuel and energy. Parasite infestation may cause sugar cravings.
- Refined carbohydrates. Cause fluctuation in sugar levels and inflammation in the gut lining- creating a perfect environment for parasites to grow in.
- Processed foods increase intestinal as well as the systemic infestation.
What Are The Worst Foods For Head Lice
Few foods that are bad for sores and scabs formed by head lice:
- Junk foods: Junk food contains salt, high saturated fat, and sugar. Consuming such foods results in a lack of vitamins and proteins required in the human body and thus causes inflammation in the body and it delays in wound healing caused by lice.
- Nitrate rich foods: Consuming nitrate rich foods results in damaging of blood vessels, which may cause soreness and delayed healing due to head lice infestation. Few nitrate rich foods include processed meats like bacon, hot dogs, and deli meat.
What Are The Worst Foods For Scabies
Some of the foods act as an enhancer of the disease. Thus, avoid them completely. Some of them are: -
- Dairy products: Dairy products can be very harmful to the person having scabies as this can increase the pace of multiplication of parasites. Avoid curd, butter, cheese, and cream.
- Alcohol: Avoid drinking alcohol for some days as this can be a great medium for parasites. Try to avoid beverages too.
- Citrus products: Avoid all sour products including sauces and chutneys etc.
- Spices: Forget about the taste for few days and avoid eating spicy food as it can cause a severe problem.
- Seafood and Eggs: These both are high in histamines. Thus, try to avoid them as much as you can.
Do's With Usage of BENDEX PLUS TABLET 1`S
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Tapeworm
- Proper toilet hygiene is essential. Self-reinfection is possible if good hygiene measures are not adhered to. Proper handwashing, as well as washing of towels and linen, is important.
- Ensure access to clean water/ sterilize water before use.
- Proper hand washing before handling food and after eating, especially in tropical or endemic areas.
- Cook foods to at least 52 degrees Celsius to kill eggs or larvae
- Freeze meats for at least 12 to 24 hours before thawing can help to kill off larvae.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Head Lice
The female lice yield a sticky substance in order to attacheach egg to a hair shaft. Nits are attached at 3/16 inches from the bottom of hair as that is the condition for nits’ incubation. Some tips to follow to eradicate the head lice:
- Nits and lice need to be removed by using a fine-toothed comb.
- Wash and sterilize all bed linen and clothes, which were used by a person infected with the head lice.
- Washing soft toys that are in contact with people infected with lice is also prudent.
- Shampooing frequently helps in lice eradication.
- Sterilize the combs and products used near head region.
- Check the children scalp regularly.
- Vinegar Treatment-White Vinegar and Apple Cider Vinegar make it quite easier for one to remove lice by combing. Since lice lay their nits (eggs) closer to hair shafts and glue it with a sticky substance. That is where Vinegar comes handy as it is instrumental in slackening that sticky substance and thus nits (eggs) easily comes off while combing.
- Since most lice removal shampoos and oils are freely available in the drug stores, therefore check with a healthcare professional before applying on babies and infants as some ingredients may not be recommended for small children.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Scabies
Here are some tips that one should do who is suffering from scabies
- Visit a doctor as soon as you observe symptoms.
- Wash all the clothes including towels with hot water.
- Bath with cold water mixed with vinegar.
- Avoid eating dairy products.
- Use of tea tree oil on rashes can really be beneficial.
- Wash twice all your personal items properly.
Dont's With Usage Of BENDEX PLUS TABLET 1`S
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Tapeworm
Do not delay treating pets (dogs) and/or livestock six monthly for possible tapeworm infestation, as it can easily spread to human hosts and go undetected.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Head Lice
Some Don'ts for eradicating or preventing lice:
- Children should not make head contacts with each other.
- Do not share hats, helmets, earphones and especially combs.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Scabies
Try not to do these things for the management of this disease:
- Don’t ignore any skin rash over your body.
- Don’t try too much with home remedies as it can cause burning sensations.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfBENDEX PLUS TABLET 1`S
What Are The Tips For Tapeworm
Natural supplements can assist in fighting off parasitic infestations, specifically:
- Oregano oil
- Black walnut
- Grapefruit seed extract
- Coffee enema or salt water flush- colon cleanse
What Are The Tips For Head Lice
- Head lice usually do not originate any serious diseases and can be cured completely.
- Try for traditional remedies that have been used over the years to treat head lice. Medical evidence for these remedies have not been thoroughly studied but using them will not cause any harm on trying. Oils or mayonnaise, and tea-tree oils can be applied on the scalp, and while bathing, cover scalp with a shower cap.
What Are The Tips For Scabies
Here are some other tips which can also be beneficial for the victim: -
- Drink lots of water, as along with food proper watering is also important to be healthy. Always carry a water bottle with you.
- Wear cotton clothes as other materials like latex and wool can cause burning and itching.
- Sulphur Soap: Choice of soap is very important in scabies. The patient should wash his/her hands with sulphur soap.