BETAGLIM 1MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of BETAGLIM 1MG TABLET
Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
Glimepiride is used to control high blood sugar in people with type 2 diabetes. Controlling high blood sugar also helps in preventing kidney damage, loss of limbs, blindness, nerve problems, and sexual function problems, heart attack/ stroke. Glimepiride lowers blood sugar by causing the release of body's natural insulin.
Side Effects Of BETAGLIM 1MG TABLET
Inform you doctor immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Severe skin rashes, redness, itching, or irritation
- Numbness or tingly feeling
- Pale skin, fever, easy bruising or bleeding
- Trouble breathing
- Feeling like you might pass out, unusual weakness
- Upper stomach pain, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes)
- Clay-coloured stools; Dark urine
- Nausea, vomiting, feeling restless or irritable, loss of appetite, confusion, hallucinations, seizure, muscle pain or weakness.
Contraindications Of BETAGLIM 1MG TABLET
Contraindications Of Salt: Glimepiride
Pl. inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions, before you start taking glimepiride:
- Liver Problems, Kidney Disease, Recent Operation,
- Breastfeeding mothers,
- Pituitary Hormone Deficiency,
- Addison's Disease,
- Hepatic Porphyria,
- Haemolytic Anaemia, Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase (G6PD) Deficiency Anaemia,
- Habit of Drinking Too Much Alcohol
Diabetes mellitus (type 2) is characterized by high blood sugar, relative lack of insulin and insulin resistance. It is a long term metabolic disorder.
Long term complications of diabetes are diabetic retinopathy, resulting in blindness, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, poor flow of blood in limbs requiring amputation.
Symptoms Treated With BETAGLIM 1MG TABLET
Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Some patients may also feel increased hunger, feeling of tiredness, and sores that do not heal.
Causes of diseases where BETAGLIM 1MG TABLET is used
Type 2 diabetes mainly occurs because of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are at more risk genetically than others. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and proper diet.
Worst Foods With BETAGLIM 1MG TABLET
- White bread, pastries, cakes, cookies
- Fruits like mango, bananas, melon, peaches, nectarines
- Canned juices, fruits
- White rice
- Blended coffee, ice creams, sweets
- Chinese food
- Fruit juices
- French fries
- Fatty meats
Do's With Usage of BETAGLIM 1MG TABLET
- Control your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Skip sugary drinks, processed hard to digest foods
- Limit red meat
- Choose good fat, remove bad fat from your diet
Dont's With Usage Of BETAGLIM 1MG TABLET
- Don’t have sedentary life style
- Quit smoking and alcohol