BETAMIL M CREAM 20 GM has the following salts in its composition
1) Betamethasone 2) Miconazole
Uses Of BETAMIL M CREAM 20 GM
Betamethasone is a steroid medication, used for:
Miconazole is used to treat Fungal infections of vagina, also called Vaginal yeast infections. It reduces the symptoms like Itching, burning or discharge that happens due to the infection.
Side Effects Of BETAMIL M CREAM 20 GM
Some patients may experience one or more of following side-effects of Betamethasone:
- Adrenal suppression
- Excessive hair growth
- Prolonged use of betamethasone on extensive areas of skin (broken or raw) may result in side effects on other parts of the body. E.g. cause decrease in the production of natural hormones by the adrenal glands.
- When used in pre-term labour, it may cause complications, like leukocytosis and hypoglycaemia in new-borns exposed in utero.
- When injected into the spine or epidural space, it may cause serious side effects like stroke, loss of vision, and paralysis.
Side Effects Of Salt: Miconazole
Some of the common side-effects include:
- Itching/ burning/ pain in urethra/ vagina
- Abdominal pain
Contraindications Of BETAMIL M CREAM 20 GM
Contraindications Of Salt: Betamethasone
Before taking betamethasone, please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Brain Injury
- Muscle Problems, bone problems, broken Bone due to Disease or Illness
- Increased Pressure in the Eye, Cataracts, Wide-Angle Glaucoma,
- Untreated Fungal Infection,
- Chronic Heart Failure, High Blood Pressure
- Herpes simplex infection
- Rupture of a Tendon
- Hardening of the Liver
- High Blood Sugar
- Low level of Potassium in the Blood
- Reduced body resistance to Infection,
- Mental Disorder
Contraindications Of Salt: Miconazole
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Immune system problems like HIV/AIDS
Ask your doctor if you can have sex while using this medicine. This medicine may weaken the rubber products, hence causing condoms etc. to fail.
- Asthma is a chronic inflammatory condition of the airways in the lungs. Asthma can either be allergic (most common) or non-allergic.
- Allergic asthma is due to an allergic response known as a type 1 hypersensitivity reaction. People with asthma’s airways are hypersensitive to certain triggers. The allergic reaction causes narrowing of the small airways and leads to "air trapping" (known as an obstructive airway disease)
- There are different types of asthma- childhood onset asthma (usually before the age of 5), adult-onset asthma, exercise-induced asthma and aspirin induced asthma. Some asthma is known as seasonal asthma and occurs only at certain times of the year, usually with the changing of seasons such as during autumn or spring.
- Asthma is diagnosed with lung function tests. A spirometer or a PEFM (Peak Expiratory Flow Meter) is used in conjunction with a bronchodilator. The meter is used to assess your lung function before and after inhaling a fast-acting bronchodilator. A diagnosis of asthma is made when there is an improvement in lung function of more than 20% (PEFM) or more than 12%(when using a spirometer) after the bronchodilator is inhaled.
- Asthma is diagnosed when a patient has suggestive symptoms and a positive bronchodilator test.
Crohn's disease is a chronic inflammation of the digestive tract. It can occur anywhere between the mouth to anus region (including oesophagus, small and large intestines, stomach and anus) that is responsible for the gastrointestinal activities in the body. The disease shows up signs of tissue injury with pain, swelling and redness.
Psoriasis is a long-lasting autoimmune disease. In psoriasis, skin cells multiply 10 times faster than their normal. The volume of underlying cells, which reach the surface of the skin and die, causes red and raised plaques. These are covered with white scales. Psoriasis usually occurs on elbows, knees, and scalp, though it may also occur on palms, soles of feet or torso.
There are mainly five types of psoriasis: plaque, inverse, guttate, pustular, and erythrodermic.
Also called as ‘Candidal Vulvovaginitis’, vaginal yeast infection is a condition where the concentration of yeast in vagina increases and that of Lactobacillus bacteria decreases. Generally, overgrowth of Candida fungus due to the decrease in Lactobacillus bacteria leads to this condition.
Symptoms Treated With BETAMIL M CREAM 20 GM
What Are The Symptoms Of Asthma
- Symptoms of asthma are typically a wheezy or "tight" chest, shortness of breath and recurrent or persistent coughing that is worse at night and early mornings. Coughing or tight chest are often also present after exercise.
- Exercise-induced asthma typically only produces symptoms after exercise.
Crohn's disease can be diagnosed through a number of symptoms. Some of them are:
- Abdominal and rectal pain.
- Weight loss.
- Gastrointestinal bloating with flatulence, vomiting, bowel blockage and blood in the tool.
- Loss of appetite.
- Mouth ulcers.
What Are The Symptoms Of Psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis vary from patient to patient, depending upon the type of psoriasis they have. The common symptoms of plaque psoriasis are:
- Red skin plaques covered with silver coloured loose scales. These plaques can be painful, itchy and may sometimes bleed after cracking. In severe psoriasis, the plaques of irritated skin grow and merge with each other, and cover larger areas.
- Disorder of toenails and fingernails, including pitting and discoloration of nails.
- There may be swelling and pain in joints due to psoriatic arthritis.
The common symptoms of the condition are:
- Swelling around the vagina.
- Itching around the vagina.
- Painful urination.
- Pain during sex.
- Clumpy vaginal discharge.
Causes of diseases where BETAMIL M CREAM 20 GM is used
What Are The Causes Of Asthma
- Mostly asthma starts in childhood and is often outgrown in early adulthood. Some asthmatics may, however, need treatment lifelong.
- Asthma has a strong genetic component and is part of the so-called "atopic triad" in childhood which includes allergic rhinitis, atopic dermatitis (eczema) and asthma.
- Early insult to a child's lungs such as neonatal pneumonia or bronchitis may play a role in developing asthma later.
- People with asthma have individual triggers. These triggers are commonly sensitivities to house-dust mites, grass, pollen, animal dander, dairy, wheat, nuts and soy products. Chest infections, cold air or air pollution can also trigger an attack.
- Adult onset starts in the early twenties. There is speculation about possible causes; genetics, smoking and a history of allergies seem to play the biggest part. It affects females more than males.
- Asthma can be caused/ triggered due to any of the following reasons:
1. Airborne substances like pollen, dust mites, pet dander or particles of cockroach waste.
2. Respiratory infections such as common cold
3. Exercise-induced asthma
4. Cold air
5. Air pollutants like smoke
6. Certain medications including beta blockers, aspirin, ibuprofen and naproxen
7. Strong emotions, stress
8. Foods which contain Sulphites and preservatives
9. Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Asthma is a combination of environmental and genetic factors, as many people live in same conditions. Still, some people get asthma and some don’t.
Crohn's disease can occur in people due to a number of causes. Some of these are mentioned below.
- Genetic causes.
- An infection that occurred in the past.
- Weak immune system.
- Environmental factors like virus or bacteria
In short, Crohn's disease occurs because of the weakening of the intestinal cells caused by a combination of environmental factors and genetics.
What Are The Causes Of Psoriasis
- Weak immunity, in which white blood cells start attacking skin cells mistakenly.
Candida albicans and other similar organisms are recognised as the accountable organisms in this condition. Overgrowth of yeast in the vagina may be due to:
- Impaired immune system.
- Higher oestrogen levels caused by hormone therapy or birth control pills.
- Excess use of antibiotics.
- Uncontrolled diabetes.
- Poor eating habits.
Worst Foods With BETAMIL M CREAM 20 GM
What Are The Worst Foods For Asthma
- Foods with preservatives added to them
- Wine, beer
- Eggs (for children, as some children are allergic to eggs)
- Excessive salt in food
- Oily, fatty foods
What Are The Worst Foods For Crohn disease
- High-fibre foods: It is advisable to skip high-fibre food items from the diet as these will trigger inflammation in the body. Various foods with high fibres are broccoli, peas, Brussels sprouts, lima beans, black beans, nuts, etc.
- Spicy foods: Avoid consuming anything that is hot and spicy. Extra flavorful dishes will only make it harder for the body to digest, leading to worsening of diarrhoea in the body.
- Foods with skins: Patients should avoid consuming food items with the skin, whether fruits or vegetables. This can lead to digestive problems. The skin of such foods should first be peeled off and then cooked if they can be. These include cucumbers, apples, eggplant, etc.
- Popcorn: This may be a whole grain food, but it is very hard to digest, which is why a person with Crohn's disease should avoid it.
- Fried food: Fried food clogs the internal walls of the intestines, making it hard to be digested. Moreover, it brings in hundreds of other diseases with it so it is advisable to stop its consumption. Such foods include the chicken fry, fish fry, French fries, fast foods, pan-fried noodles, ramen, etc.
What Are The Worst Foods For Psoriasis
The following foods should be avoided as they are known to cause or increase inflammation:
- Fatty red meats
- Processed foods
- Dairy products
- Refined sugars
- Nightshade vegetables including tomatoes, potatoes and peppers.
The foods that promote the growth of yeast are to be avoided. Few are:
- Sweets: Excess sugar helps in the growth of microbes. Avoid consuming candies, processed soups, fruit juice, etc.
- Baked bread: Made using yeast, these foods promote the growth of fungus. So, avoid consuming cookies, cakes, pastries, doughnuts and anything that is baked using sugar. Also, avoid products containing white bread.
- Dry fruits: Dry fruits have higher risks of being contaminated with fungus. So, avoid walnuts, pistachios, peanuts, coconuts, etc.
- Alcohol and other beverages: Alcohol serves a great medium for the growth of fungus. These include all alcoholic drinks, coffee, cereal beverages, etc.
- Sauces: Sauces can undergo fermentation and help in the growth of microbes. So, avoid ketchup, pasta sauces, and anything sauce with sugar in it.
- Pasta: Avoid consuming pasta bread, especially made from white flour. These can lead to further infection. These include fried noodles, ramen, semolina, farina, etc.
Do's With Usage of BETAMIL M CREAM 20 GM
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Asthma
- Identify your asthma triggers and avoid them.
- Always cover yourself fully (especially chest, feet and ears) before going out in cold weather.
- Avoid exercises beyond your physical stamina. Do not over exert.
- Always wear pollution mask if you are staying in high pollution area.
- If asthma is hampering your day to day activities, pl. consult your doctor as he might change your medication.
- Wash your bed sheets and pillow covers every week in hot water to get rid of dust mites.
- Reduce stress.·
- Consult your general practitioner or paediatrician early if your child shows symptoms of asthma. Asthma can be potentially life-threatening, especially in an acute episode.
- Make sure your asthma is controlled. Follow-up with your doctor six months to review and adjust your treatment is necessary. If your asthma is well controlled, your doctor may consider tapering down your treatment.
- Consider doing an allergy test- blood or skin prick. If you have allergic asthma, it will be helpful to know what the triggers are and how to avoid them
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Crohn disease
If a patient is suffering from Crohn's disease then these are the do's that he/she needs to follow:
- Follow a healthy diet. Keep it balanced with carbs, proteins, vitamins and minerals. Consult a dietician for creating a regulated eating plan.
- Eat smaller meals, but make sure the meals are taken frequently to maintain the calorie intake.
- Keep the fluid intake regulated and stay hydrated.
- Bowel movements that occur frequently can be quite irritating. It is advisable that the peri-anal skin is gently patted dry with the help of a cloth after soaking in a warm bath. After that, application of an emollient at the peri-anal skin can help protect it.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Psoriasis
Please follow your doctor’s advice. Also, you can manage the disease better and control flare ups by following the following tips:
- Keep your body moisturized because dry skin worsens the symptoms. Oily and thick moisturizers are better.
- Use a humidifier when it is dry to keep your skin moist.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
Eat right, exercise, and maintain a healthy weight.
Prudent tips for the management of vaginal yeast infection include:
- Washing underwear with hot water.
- Following a healthy and balanced diet.
- Cleaning the infected area frequently.
- Replacing feminine products often.
Dont's With Usage Of BETAMIL M CREAM 20 GM
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Asthma
- Avoid pets.
- Remove carpets and soft toys from the room of your child as these accumulate dust, dust mites which trigger an asthma attack.
- Avoid dampness in the house. Let fresh air come in. Keep all areas of your house dry.
- Do not smoke, avoid being close to people who smoke.
- Avoid burning of incense (Pooja agarbatti) at home, since it triggers an asthma attack.
- Avoid going to kitchen when food is being cooked, especially frying etc.·
- Do not delay seeking treatment when you suspect to have a chest infection. Because your airways are hyper reactive, an infection can easily trigger an acute asthma attack.
- Do not leave your house without your reliever pump or allow your medication to run out. An acute episode can occur at any time and may be fatal.
- Do not smoke if you have asthma or smoke around your child who has asthma. Passive smoking's effects are just as harmful.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Crohn disease
The following things are strict to be avoided during Crohn's disease:
- The patient should not consume non-steroidal inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) at any cost.
- Avoid consuming antibiotics, unless the doctor instructs to do so.
- Do not consume food and beverages that may worsen diarrhoea.
- Do not consume Chinese food as it contains monosodium glutamate (MSG) that is not good for the body.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Psoriasis
- Never pick or pick your scales or patches. It can worsen your psoriasis.
- Certain medications like lithium, propranolol, quinidine etc. are known for flaring up psoriasis. Hence, avoid taking these types of medications if you have psoriasis.
- Dry and cold weather makes symptoms worse in many people. Hence, avoid dry and cold weathers. Hot weather is better, though sometimes it may not be so.
- Avoid scrapes, bumps, cuts and infections as they can flare up a condition called Koebner's phenomenon.
- Don’t go out in sun for more than 20 minutes at a stretch. Apply sunscreen before going out.
- Avoid wearing tight underwear and pants.
- Don’t wear wet clothes for too long.
- Avoid using hot tubs for bathing.
- Avoid vaginal douching.
- Avoid using scented sanitary napkins.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfBETAMIL M CREAM 20 GM
What Are The Tips For Asthma
Having a nebuliser at home will be helpful for acute asthmatic episodes.
Monitor the foods that suit the diet during Crohn's disease and try consuming the ones that are easy to digest. Avoid fibre intake.
What Are The Tips For Psoriasis
- Avoid fragrances as most soaps and perfumes contain dyes & other chemicals that may irritate your skin.
- Take bath with lukewarm water and moisturize your body immediately after taking bath.
- Avoid stress and include yoga, meditation in your daily routine.
- Applying coconut oil or tea tree oil cream externally around the infected part provides relief from symptoms.
- Make sure that hands are clean before applying creams or oils for treatment around the vagina.