BIOMUS 1MG INJECTION has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of BIOMUS 1MG INJECTION
Tacrolimus is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- To prevent rejection of transplant ( liver, kidney etc) organs by the immune system of the body.
Side Effects Of BIOMUS 1MG INJECTION
Side Effects Of Salt: Tacrolimus
The common side effects of tacrolimus are:
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- Shaking, stomach upset, loss of appetite
- Tingling of hands/feet
- Trouble sleeping
Sometimes severe (but less common) side effects are:
- Mental / mood changes, tiredness
- Signs of kidney infection
- Hearing problems, pounding heartbeat
- Easy bleeding
- Severe abdominal pain
- Seizures, vision changes
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of BIOMUS 1MG INJECTION
Contraindications Of Salt: Tacrolimus
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug tacrolimus or any other allergies.
- Kidney dialysis, liver problems
- Mineral imbalance, current infections
- Diabetes, cancer
- High blood pressure
Organ transplant is a surgical procedure in which an organ is removed from the body of the donor and placed in the body of the patient having damaged or missing organ. The organ donor can be a living person or a person who has just died. Transplantation of organs and tissues is done normally. These include:
- Organs: Heart, lungs, liver, pancreas, kidneys, thymus and intestine.
- Tissues: Nerves, veins, heart valves, cornea, bones, and tendons.
Organ transplant is a complex and challenging process. Problems such as organ transplant rejection may occur. The immune system of the recipient may not accept the organ of the donor. It may lead to failure of the process. Regular medications are required to be taken by the recipient to make organ transplant successful.
Symptoms Treated With BIOMUS 1MG INJECTION
Symptoms of organ transplant may vary from person to person and also from organ to organ.
Causes of diseases where BIOMUS 1MG INJECTION is used
Causes for organ transplant include:
- The improper functioning of the organ or tissues.
- Damaged organ or tissues due to some illness or accident.
- Failure of organs.
- Missing organs
- Diseases leading to organ failures such as diabetes, cirrhosis, heart disease, hepatitis and cystic fibrosis.
- Birth defects causing organ failure.
Worst Foods With BIOMUS 1MG INJECTION
- Fatty and processed foods: Anti-rejection medicines increase the cholesterol level. So to balance the fat of the body fatty and processed foods should be avoided. These are rich in cholesterol which can be dangerous.
- Sugar and sugar products: Products containing sugar should be avoided such as cakes, biscuits, rice, desserts, beverages, jam as these can increase the blood sugar level.
- High potassium diet: Medicines given after transplant increases the potassium levels. So products rich in potassium should be avoided. Foods such sweet potatoes, spinach, tomato, avocado, banana, kiwi, orange, bran cereals, chocolate milk, are rich in potassium and should be avoided.
- Raw fruits and vegetables: Raw food should be avoided as the risk of getting infection increases after eating raw food after an organ transplant.
- Salt: Medicines such Prednisone given after transplant increase the sodium level and water retention thereby increase the blood pressure in the body. So it is recommended to limit the intake of salt.
- Avoid alcohol: Alcohol increases the cholesterol and sugar level of the body so it should be avoided.
Do's With Usage of BIOMUS 1MG INJECTION
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Organ transplant
If you recently have had an organ transplant, please:
- Monitor your health daily for any signs of rejection. Patient must check his weight, blood pressure, heart rate and body temperature regularly.
- If you find any symptoms, rush to a doctor immediately.
- Maintain hygiene as the risk of getting an infection is very high during early days. Keep your living room and washrooms clean and germs free.
- Routine health check-up is necessary.
- Eat a healthy and nutritious diet only as advised by the dietician.
- Protect your skin from the sun. Use sunscreens while going out. Risk of skin cancer increases after the organ transplant.
- Always take your immunosuppressants on time to reduce the risk of organ rejection.
- Maintain ideal body weight as after organ transplant body weight might increase due to the intake of medications. Excessive weight may cause several other diseases.
- Always keep you wound clean to reduce the risk of infection.
Dont's With Usage Of BIOMUS 1MG INJECTION
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Organ transplant
After getting organ transplant you should:
- Avoid lifting heavy items. These will increase the stress on the newly transplanted organ.
- Driving should be avoided in the first month as it may cause pain.
- Avoid smoking as the smoke can increase the risk of lung infection.
- Avoid strenuous exercise in first 6 weeks.
- Avoid alcohol as it may interfere with anti-rejection medications and can affect the functioning of the liver.
- Never miss your medications as it may delay the recovery.
- Avoid NSAIDS as these can cause organ dysfunction.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfBIOMUS 1MG INJECTION
- Organ transplant has proven to be a boon for maximum patients. It improves quality of life. But there are several health challenges to be faced before, during and after an organ transplant.
- Here are some useful tips to manage your health after organ transplant:
- Note the early symptoms of rejections and consult your doctor immediately. It can be reversed if diagnosed on time.
- Monitor your sugar levels, blood pressure, and weight on regular basis.
- Stay active by doing exercise daily. Vigorous exercise should be avoided. It should be done after consulting with the trainer only.
- Never miss your appointment with the doctors.
- You should never change or discontinue the medicine on your own.
- Get the entire screening test done to check the recovery process.
- Stress should be avoided as it can delay the recovery.
- Take rest and adequate sleep.