What are the benefits of Aloe Vera?
Aloe Vera, also known as ‘Ghrit Kumari’ in Hindi contains more than 200 nutritional contents and is widely used in conventional medicines. Best known for its effects in glowing skin, it is also helpful in general health. It contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids and fatty acids. The key benefits of aloe vera are:
1. High content of vitamins A,C,E, folic acid, Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6 & 12, minerals like calcium, zinc, chromium, selenium, potassium, sodium, copper, manganese and many more. Hence, aloe vera is one product which gives multi-nutrients to body.
2. The most common usage of aloe vera is for getting glowing skin. It is used in many cosmetics as well as herbal medicines like healthaid aloe vera 5000mg mega strength
3. Because of aloe’s healing properties for the skin, aloe is one of the main compounds used in the cosmetic industry. It is superb for applying topically to burns, abrasions and psoriasis. Aloe also acts as an analgesic, acting to help relieve pain of wounds. Cut a stem of aloe, place it in the fridge and rub it on sun burnt skin – it will give you the immediate soothing effect. It also increases the elasticity/ flexibility of the skin through collagen and elastin repair. It helps supply oxygen to the skin cells, increasing the strength and synthesis of skin tissue and induces improved blood flow to the skin.
4. Aloe vera balances body system and hence helps in boosting immune system of the body.
5. Since it is a gelatinous plant food, just like seaweeds and chia seeds, it moves through the intestinal tract absorbing toxins along the way. This helps proper elimination of waste from the body and help the detoxification of the body.
6. The polysaccharides in aloe vera juice stimulate macrophages, the white blood cells of our immune system that fight against viruses. It is also an immune enhancer because of its high level of anti-oxidants, which help combat the unstable compounds known as free-radicals. Free radicals are known to be contributing to the aging process.
7. Aloe is also known for cleansing and soothing digestive tract, hence improving the digestion.
8. Aloe vera is also helpful in weight loss and hair loss.