Long hours of work, tight schedules, an increased amount of stress and many other reasons are affecting the lives of couples in one or another way. These factors sometimes hamper the fertility of the couples and they have to struggle hard to conceive. Enjoying the parenthood is one of the most beautiful experiences in the world. Having troublesome to conceive makes the life more stressful. But nothing to worry about, like every problem has a solution, this one has too.
Yoga is one of the ancient practice which can improve your chances of conceiving by relaxing your body and keeping you stress-free. It helps to prepare your mind and body for the conception.
Benefits of Yoga in improving fertility
Yoga comprises of various asana and breathing exercises which improves the overall health and increases the chances of conceptions. Yoga helps in improving infertility in women in following ways:
- Relieves stress and anxiety.
- Improves the circulation of the blood to all the body parts including reproductive organs.
- Helps in detoxification of the body and clears the blood.
- It helps in stimulation of ovaries and uterus.
- Strengthens the endocrine system
- May help to clear the blockage in reproductive areas.
- Boost the immune system
- Improves ovarian function
- Lessens the side effects of hormonal drugs
5 Yoga postures to boost fertility
Bhramari Pranayama (Bee Breath): Relieves stress and calms the mind.
- How to perform: Sit straight and put index finger on the cartilage of your ears. Inhale and exhale now and keep pressing your index finger while you exhale along with humming sound.
Paschimottanasana (Seated forward bend): Helps in stimulation of ovaries.
- How to perform: Sit straight and keep your legs stretched out with your toes flexed towards you. Inhale and raise your both arms overhead and stretch. Exhale and bend forward moving your chin towards your toe. Keep spine erect and stretch your arms. Stay for 2-3 minutes in the same position and then deeply inhale and come back to the sitting position with arms stretched out. Then exhale and lower your arms.
Hastapadasana(Standing Forward Bend): Increases the blood circulation to the body parts.
- How to perform: Stand straight by keeping feet together and arms alongside the body. Inhale and extend your arms overhead. Exhale and bend forward and down towards the feet and try to touch your feet. Stay in this position for 20-30seconds with continuous depth breath. Keep the legs and spine erect. Now come back to the starting position while inhaling.
BaddhaKonasana (Butterfly Pose): Helps to improve the flexibility, ovary function and detoxifies the body.
- How to perform: Sit straight on the floor by keeping the spine erect and bend your knees. Bring your feet as close as possible and try to touch the soles of your feet each other. Hold your feet in a tight position with hand and inhale. Bring thigh and knees up and down while breathing normally like a butterfly.
ViparitaKarani(Legs Up The Wall): This increases the circulation to the pelvic region and increases the chances of conception after sex.
- How to perform: Lie on your back and raise your legs against the wall. Make sure the soles of your feet face upwards. Keep your head and back on resting position on the floor making a 90-degree angle. Close your eyes and deep breathe. Hold for at least 5 minutes in this position.
Practising Yoga regularly will definitely improve the chances of conceiving. This will prepare your mind and body for pregnancy. It is recommended to perform such Yoga asanas under the supervision of certified trainer or practitioner to minimize the risk of injury and get maximum benefits.Leave a reply →