The egg has been considered as the most nutritious food on this planet. Humans are eating eggs for a number of years and these are an inexpensive source of food. It contains some important nutrients and proteins which are very much important for health. These are full of vitamins, proteins, amino acids, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. So we can say that eggs are the versatile and perfect food having almost every essential nutrient which is needed for a good health.
Several benefits of eggs have been discovered which are enlisted below:
- Good source of energy: Eggs are one of the cheapest sources of energy. These contain all vitamins and nutrients needed for producing energy. Eggs are a rich source of folate, Vitamin B12, B6, Thiamin, Riboflavin and Proteins which are used by cells to produce energy.
- Promotes weight loss: Eggs are the source of high proteins. Food rich in high protein reduces appetite and increases the fullness. Eggs are on the highest rank on the Satiety Index scale (feeling of fullness and loss of appetite). In a study, it was found that around 6grams of protein are present in the large egg which includes all 9 essential amino acids. Breakfast of eggs reduces the hunger and food cravings also. Thus eggs are having a great impact on reducing appetite. This aids to weight loss.
- Keeps eyes healthy: Eggs are rich sources of antioxidants- lutein and zeaxanthin. These antioxidants help to reduce the risk of cataracts. Lutein helps to fight macular degeneration which is the leading cause of blindness. Egg yolks are rich in lutein. Zeaxanthin protects the eyes from the harmful UV radiations of the sun. Thus eggs are helpful in retaining good and healthy eye vision.
- Helps in brain development: Egg contains an important dietary element choline which is essential for brain development. Moreover, it contains DHA and omega-3 fatty acids which are vital nutrients for brain functioning. These nutrients are helpful in brain development and improving brain function in the foetus and newborn. Also, choline helps in protecting cognitive decline in aged people. Brain converts choline into acetylcholine which is an important neurotransmitter.
- Protection against cardiovascular disease: Eggs contains important mineral known as Selenium, deficiency of which leads to cardiovascular diseases. Selenium is an anti-inflammatory agent which is helpful in preventing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Maintains strong bones and body: Vitamin D is very much important for healthy bones and body as it helps in calcium absorption. Our body cannot synthesize Vitamin D on its own so we have to depend on external sources to meet its requirements. Among all other foods, Eggs are the richest sources of Vitamin D. Eggs are therefore helpful in preventing bone diseases such as osteoporosis.
Apart from these benefits, Eggs are the cheapest and affordable source of nutrition. Not getting proper nutrition can lead to severe life-threatening disease. It is wisely said Prevention is better than cure. Nutrition is the powerful preventive medicine against all the diseases. So start eating Eggs today if you have not yet because eggs are power banks of essentials nutrients and it is never too late to start.
An Egg a day keeps a doctor away. Stay healthy, eat nutritiously.Leave a reply →