Acne is the most common skin condition which is causing distress among the youth. Not only young people but people of all ages are getting affected by this menace worldwide. Occasional breakouts can lead from mild to severe acne. Acne can be painful also. There are many conventional treatments available to treat acne and many people are switching to natural and Ayurvedic remedies which are quite safe to use and are cost-effective too. In this article, we are bringing to you the most effective Ayurvedic remedies for acne treatment. Let’s check them out.
Aloe Vera: One of the oldest methods to treat acne is Aloe Vera. It is getting popular due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which help to fight acne effectively. These days it is being used in cosmetics products also like creams, gels, spray, lotion, soap, and moisturizer. It helps to treat the itching sensation caused by acne. It prevents the growth of bacteria and thus accelerates the process of healing.
Usage: Aloe Vera gel should be tested on small part of your body first to make sure you don’t have allergy or sensitivity towards it. It can be used with a variety of other ingredients to treat acne such as:
- Aloe Vera with honey: Prepare a mask of honey and aloe vera gel and apply over the affected area. Leave it for 20 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Aloe Vera with lemon: Mix 1-2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and few drops of lemon juice. Apply this mixture to the affected area and leave it for an hour. Then wash the face.
Lemon juice: This is one the cheapest way to treat acne. Lemon is available in almost all Indian kitchens. It is beneficial in removing excess oil from the skin which is one the main reason for the occurrence of acne. Its antiseptic action helps in killing the bacteria which lives inside the skin. It is also helpful in reducing the redness caused by acne.
Usage: Direct application of lemon juice on the skin can cause irritation to some patents.
- It should be mixed with honey. Mix lemon juice and honey and prepare a mask. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and then wash with water.
Neem: Neem is another wonderful remedy which is a safe and fast treatment for acne. It not only treats the existing acne but also reduces the acne scars. Its antibacterial properties make it effective in treating acne. It has an exceptional oil controlling mechanism which helps to remove the excess oil and sebum from the skin making skin clear. It makes dry skin moist and smooth. It is also anti-inflammatory agent which is effective in treating redness, rashes, and inflammation. There are a number of formulations of Neem are available these days such as face pack, mask, cream, powder, lotion, oil etc.
Usage: Neem can be applied by making a paste or in the form of oil. It can be used with turmeric, yogurt, sandalwood oil, lemon, and honey.
- Neem paste: Prepare Neem paste from the powder of leaves by mixing it with water or yogurt. Apply to the breakouts and leave it for 30 minutes. Then wash with water.
- Neem with turmeric: This mixture act as a cleanser. Apply the mixed paste over acne and leave for 30 minutes. Then rinse with lukewarm water.
Honey: Honey is one of the widely used remedies to treat skin acne and pimples. Honey is a pack of antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It comes with healing and cleansing properties also. The application of honey helps to reduce the swelling and kills the bacteria. It is an excellent remedy to detoxify the skin and make it clear and beautiful.
Usage: Using raw honey is always a good option rather than marketed honey.
- Honey with baking soda: Mix these two in a bowl and scrub over the affected area with finger for 2-3 minutes. After that wash with Luke warm water.
- Honey with turmeric or cinnamon: Mix 1-2 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of either turmeric or cinnamon. Apply this paste over acne and wash after 20 minutes with lukewarm water.
Tea tree oil: This is a versatile essential oil which not only treats acne but prevents its occurrence in a long run. Its antimicrobial and antibacterial properties help to reduce acne breakouts by killing the bacteria. It reduces the oxidative stress from the skin making it dust and oil free. It unblocks the sebaceous glands and unclogs the pores. All of these properties make it an exceptional remedy for acne.
Usage: Before using tea tree oil you should get it tested on a small portion of the skin. If it does not irritate the skin then it can be used. It can be applied directly to acne with the help of cotton balls. Leave it for some time to get it penetrate. Then wash it away with lukewarm water.
- It can be used along with honey also by making a paste. Apply the mixture to the affected area and leave for 15-20 minutes and rinse.
Acne is such a skin condition which can worsen over a time if left untreated. So stop worrying and go for these natural and safe home remedies. You will be surprised to see the difference in a short time. Adopt a healthy and hygienic lifestyle to get rid of acne. Along with remedies having a nutritious diet is also very important as it has been said “Healthy outside starts from inside”.Leave a reply →