Filariasis is an infectious parasitic disease caused by the roundworms of Filarioidea Family. In a study, it was found that around 1 billion people in over 54 countries are at a risk of developing this disease. This is a global health issue which needs an urgent attention. Along with medications, diet modifications can be beneficial to prevent and manage this infectious disease. A healthy diet plays an important role and reduces the risk of developing diseases.
Here is in this article let’s study about some best and worst foods for filariasis.
Best foods for filariasis
- Having a diet that is high in protein with foods such as eggs, almonds, oats, cottage cheese, broccoli, etc. are beneficial for the condition of filariasis.
- Stay hydrated and drink plenty of water and fluids.
- Have foods that are rich in probiotics such as yogurt, Greek yogurt, kefir, etc. as probiotics are beneficial and help in digestion as they help in intestinal health and are also beneficial for the condition of filariasis.
- Have foods that are rich in vitamin C such as citrus fruits like lemon, oranges, pineapple, guava, red pepper, kiwi, papaya, etc. as they help to strengthen the immune system and reduce the symptoms of filariasis.
Worst foods for filariasis
- Avoid oily and fried foods such as chips, French fries, fried chicken, etc. as they worsen the symptoms of filariasis.
- Avoid spicy foods as they make the condition of filariasis worse.
Tips to manage Filariasis: Some home remedies for filariasis are:
- Consuming oregano can help in the treatment of parasites and can help to reduce the symptoms of filariasis.
- Propolis, a natural resin made by bees can help to treat infections and can help in the remedy of filariasis.
- Selenium can help in preventing many types of infections and also helps to boost the immune function in the body.
- The enzyme present in cloves has been found to be effective in killing parasites. Grind a few cloves and add them to your tea or coffee and consume it for a remedy against filariasis.
- Making a paste with Agarwood powder and applying it 2-3 times a day on the affected and swollen areas can help to reduce the symptoms of filariasis.
- Black walnut contains compounds that prevent the entry of the parasites into the blood. Add 2-3 drops of black walnut oil in warm water and drink this 2-3 times in a day for 6 weeks for relief from filariasis.
- Make a mixture of powdered dry ginger and butterfly pea seeds and mix this with rock salt. Add a pinch of this to warm water and have it 2 times a day for relief from the symptoms of filariasis.
- Make a paste of horse gram and egg white and apply the paste to the affected and swollen areas for relief.
- Grind some marigold flowers, echinacea, cleaver leaves, yellow dock, pokeweed roots and blue flag and consume this 1-2 times in a day for relief from filariasis.
- Grind some castor, horseradish, damiana, and mustard and apply this paste to the affected areas 2-3 times in a day for relief from pain and swelling.
Leave a reply →