The wait is over now as Monsoon has hit the country. After the scorching heat of several months, the monsoon is here to make the weather more rejuvenating and fresh. With the cool mornings, light day breezes and chilling evening’s people are ready to enjoy this monsoon. With the onset of monsoon changes in climate increases the risk of infectious diseases such as cholera, dengue fever, typhoid, malaria, respiratory infections and many more. The prevalence of these air-borne and water-borne diseases is high during monsoon. Our immunity is highly affected by these sudden changes in the climate so it is necessary to opt for some preventive measures to reduce the risk of infectious diseases.
Ayurvedic herbs can be the first choice when it comes to boosting our immunity. There are a number of herbs which are helpful in preventing monsoon-related diseases by boosting up the immunity. Let us study about the benefits of these herbs.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is our holy basil which has been worshipped for its numerous medicinal values. It has multiple benefits including relief from respiratory problems, coughs, asthma, fever, lung disorders and colds. Boil some Tulsi leaves in a cup of water and consume daily in the morning. It will help in the purification of blood and will kill the infectious germs also. Honey can also be added to this solution. It can be used for aromatherapy due to its powerful aroma.
- Ginger: This herb is widely used due to its anti-inflammatory action. It helps to provide relief from nausea and body aches. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties also which makes it more effective against the infectious disease. Ginger helps in the soothing of the upset stomach also.
- Garlic: Garlic contains allicin as an active ingredient. Allicin is having antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral properties. It increases the immunity and helps the body to fight against germs causing cold and flu. It helps in detoxification of the body also. Eating raw garlic on regular basis reduces the risk of various ailments.
- Guduchi: Guduchi is the most recommended herb for treating various infectious conditions and fever. Guduchi boosts the immunity system by increasing the effectiveness of WBC’s and thus helps in fighting the infection. Its anti-infective properties make it more powerful against bacterial and viral infection.
- Turmeric: One of the most common herbs found in Indian kitchens is Turmeric. It contains curcumin as an active ingredient. It is well known for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. It is beneficial in treating diseases of the respiratory system, intestine, skin and liver which are most commonly seen in Monsoon. Drinking turmeric by mixing it in hot milk is helpful in treating colds and sore throats.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is known as Indian Ginseng. It is known for its rejuvenating properties as provides strength and energy to the body. During Monsoon the infectious diseases such as cold, cough, fever or flu adversely affect the physical stamina of the body causing fatigue and weakness. Ashwagandha helps in restoring stamina of body, improves sleep, refreshes mind and body, soothes the nervous system and improves resistance against stress. Consume Ashwagandha before sleep to boost the energy levels.
- Triphala: It is potent antioxidant formed by mixing three herbs namely Amalaki (Emblica Officinalis), Bibhitaki (Terminalia Belerica) and Haritaki (Terminalia Chebula). It helps in detoxification of the bowel system and promotes bowel wellness. Increase in humidity during monsoon causes various bowel diseases. Consuming Triphala before each meal improves the digestives problems.
- Giloy: One of the excellent herbs to be used during Monsoon is Giloy. It is super herb for boosting the immune system. Giloy has anti-inflammatory and immunity enhancer activities. It is helpful in purifying the blood and fights bacteria causing infection. Drinking Giloy juice in the morning will provide protection from viral infections during Monsoons.
Including raw honey along with these herbs in your daily diet will prove more beneficial. Don’t allow the infectious disease to attack you this Monsoon. Add these magical herbs to your Monsoon diet to stay healthy and strong so that you can enjoy your Monsoon to the fullest without any worries.
Have a Happy, Healthy and Safe Monsoon. Enjoy!!!Leave a reply →