BONJOHUSK SACHET 5GM has the following salts in its composition
1) Maize Food Dextrin
Uses Of BONJOHUSK SACHET 5GM
Maize food dextrin is the nutritional supplement produced by enzymatic hydrolysis of corn starch. It:
- Acts as an antioxidant
- Supports immune system, improves digestive system
- Supports the growth of good bacteria, relieves constipation
- Enhances energy levels in body, longevity and overall health
- Maintains blood pressure, controls blood sugar levels
- Prevents colorectal cancer
Side Effects Of BONJOHUSK SACHET 5GM
Maize food dextrin is usually safe, but in some cases, it may cause side effects such as:
- Possibility of fungal infection
- Weight gain, vomiting
- Gas, nausea, diarrhea
- Bloating, abdominal pain
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of BONJOHUSK SACHET 5GM
Development of cancerous growth in rectum and colon is called colorectal cancer. The rectum and colon are present in the lower part of the digestive system in the large intestine. The food you eat will pass through the stomach, small intestine, and the colon. In turn, the colon absorbs the required nutrients and then collects the waste matter. This waste matter is called the stool, and it moves to the rectum from the colon and is excreted through the anus.
The majority of the time colorectal cancers start from the cells that release mucus and called as adenocarcinomas. A growth known as polyp begins to form on the inner walls of the rectum or the colon. Polyps develop cancer over a period. Identifying the polyps and removing them, in the beginning, can prevent you from colorectal cancer.
The fourth type of cancer commonly present among people in the USA is colorectal cancer. Death rates have come down due to the use of colonoscopies. Faecal occult blood tests help in knowing about cancer at an early stage, and this prevents death.
Constipation is a condition in which there is difficulty in emptying the bowels, usually associated with hardened faeces.
Diabetes mellitus (type 2) is characterized by high blood sugar, relative lack of insulin and insulin resistance. It is a long term metabolic disorder.
Long term complications of diabetes are diabetic retinopathy, resulting in blindness, heart disease, strokes, kidney failure, poor flow of blood in limbs requiring amputation.
Immunity building refers to any measures taken to assist and strengthen the body’s immune system to function optimally and to help ward off disease. Proper functioning is necessary for us to maintain ideal health.
The state in which the immune system is functioning sub-optimally is called immunodeficiency. Immunodeficiency states can have serious consequences e.g. predisposing to life-threatening infective diseases or cancer. Overfunctioning of the immune system is also common. Conditions in which the immune system over functions are hypersensitivity reactions or allergies, as well as autoimmune diseases (when the immune system recognises the body's cells as "foreign" and starts to attack them).
The immune system is intricately and very detailed in its design. The system is divided into innate and adaptive immunity. Innate immunity is the body’s first defence against external factors. These include physical defence mechanisms such as skin, mucosa and cell walls, as well as scavenger immune molecules that catch foreign particles in the blood and lymphatic streams.
It is an immediate defence mechanism and non-specific. It does not adapt over time. White blood cells called macrophages and phagocytes form part of the body’s innate system. Once the innate immune system recognises a threat to the body, these cells activate a system called the complement cascade which leads to further activation of more of the immune system's cells.
The adaptive immune system is more focused and contains antibodies that are formed after exposure to specific foreign substances called antigens. Antibodies are called immunoglobulins, and lymphocytes are the cells responsible for activation of the innate immune system.
Poor diet, fatigue, stress as well as certain substances or medications can all lead to over- or underperformance of the immune system. Organs that form part of the immune systems include your spleen, tonsils/ adenoids, lymphatic system and bone marrow.
Symptoms Treated With BONJOHUSK SACHET 5GM
The Local and Systemic are the two categories in which colorectal cancer’s symptoms become evident to the patient.
Local Colorectal Cancer: The local signs have a direct impact on the rectum or colon. If you experience any one or more symptoms as mentioned below for an extended period, then consult a medical practitioner.
- Variations in the bowel habits.
- Chronic Constipation.
- Diarrhoea and constipation following each other often.
- Bleeding found in the rectum.
- Bloating in the abdomen. Any discomfort or cramp in the abdomen.
- When you always have an urge to pass a motion.
- Thinner stools than ever before.
Systemic Colorectal Cancer: Systemic colorectal cancer symptoms experience a disturbance in the whole body. When you think you suffer from one or many of the below-mentioned symptoms for over a period, then you must not wait to check with a doctor.
- Drastic loss of the weight.
- Loss of appetite.
- Vomiting or Nausea.
- Becoming Anaemic.
- Feeling Weak or tired often.
What Are The Symptoms Of Constipation
- Passing 3 or fewer stools in a week.
- Hard, lumpy stools.
- Difficulty in bowel movements.
- Feeling of blockage in the rectum.
Common symptoms include increased thirst, frequent urination, and unexplained weight loss. Some patients may also feel increased hunger, feeling of tiredness, and sores that do not heal.
- Recurrent or frequent colds or respiratory tract infections
- Constant feeling of fatigue or lethargy
- Difficulty losing or gaining weight
- Frequent yeast infections such as gastrointestinal or genital candidiasis
Causes of diseases where BONJOHUSK SACHET 5GM is used
Most of the time reason behind any cancer is not evident. Colorectal cancer is no exception to it. When there is a change in the appearance of healthy colon cells, then doctors suspect a disease. Usually, cells grow and get further divided in an orderly manner. When the cell’s DNA undergo damage, it becomes cancerous and shows a rapid and abnormal cell division. Due to the accumulation of many unwanted cells forms a tumor. In due course of time, the cancer cells start invading and destroying the normal tissues present closer to it. The cancer cells also travel to all part of the body.
Hereditary Gene Mutations Increases The Danger Of ColorectalCancer
- The inherited genes get connected to the Colorectal cancer only in a limited percentage. Inherited gene mutations need not result in cancer always but increases the risk rate.
- The inherited colorectal cancer syndromes are:
Lynch Syndrome or Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer (HNPCC)- Individuals with Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer might develop Colorectal cancer even before completing fifty years.
FAP - Familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP)- Thousands of polyps develops on the lining of the rectum and colon. But this phenomenon is usually rare. When familial adenomatous polyposis is left untreated, then it becomes a cancerous course on or before one completes forty years.
Undergo genetic testing and detect Hereditary Nonpolyposis Colorectal Cancer, familial adenomatous polyposis, and any other kind of inherited colorectal cancer syndromes. Please consult your doctor and take necessary precautionary steps to protect your colon.
Constipation can be caused by any of the following reasons:
- Changes in your usual diet or activities.
- Antacid medicines containing calcium, iron or aluminium.
- Colon cancer.
- Eating a lot of dairy products.
- Eating disorders. Eating too much of junk food, white bread.
- Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Neurological conditions such as Parkinson's disease or multiple sclerosis.
- Not being active.
Type 2 diabetes mainly occurs because of obesity and lack of exercise. Some people are at more risk genetically than others. Type 2 diabetes can be prevented by regular exercise, maintaining normal weight and proper diet.
Causes of reduced immunity can either be intrinsic/ hereditary or acquired.
Intrinsic or primary immunodeficiencies are inborn genetic errors. There are more than hundred different types and forms of primary immunodeficiency syndromes described. These include immunodeficiency syndromes such as selective IgA deficiency, DiGeorge syndrome and Ataxia Telangiectasia.
Secondary or acquired immunodeficiency states can be due to diseases or conditions such as:
- Malnutrition or being underweight
- Auto-immune disorders
Medications or substances:
- Long-term corticosteroid use
- Tumour Necrosis Factor (TNF) used in auto-immune diseases like inflammatory bowel disease or rheumatoid arthritis. Chemotherapy or radiation.
- Pregnancy is a normal physiological state of lowered immunity.
- Ageing is also a natural process that causes lowered immunity.
Worst Foods With BONJOHUSK SACHET 5GM
Foods to avoid while suffering from colorectal cancer are as follows:
- Don’t Eat Red Meat and Avoid any Processed Food: Red meat worsens colorectal cancer. Especially the processed meat increases the risk of colorectal cancer. A study report exhibits that an ounce of processed red meat consumed increases the colon risk to two times than the raw meat. Know the Processed meats include deli meats, sausage, bacon, and hot dogs.
- Avoid Sodium Nitrate Preserved Foods: Gradually, reduce the intake of red meat. First eliminate hot dogs, salami, and bacon. Also, processed lunchmeats that get preserved using sodium nitrite. Sodium Nitrite interferes with the stomach acid at the time of digestion and converts it to nitrosamine compound. Nitrosamine is a well-known carcinogen. Hence, taking both sodium nitrites and meats that are processed will increase the risk of colorectal cancer. Foods such as bacon, sausages, and salami should not be consumed.
What Are The Worst Foods For Constipation
Avoid cheese and dairy items
- Fried foods
- Red meat
- Frozen food
- Unripe banana
- Processed food
- White bread, pastries, cakes, cookies
- Fruits like mango, bananas, melon, peaches, nectarines
- Canned juices, fruits
- White rice
- Blended coffee, ice creams, sweets
- Chinese food
- Fruit juices
- French fries
- Fatty meats
- Sugar and refined carbohydrates. High glycemic index carbohydrates and sugar wreak havoc on your body's immune system, by causing insulin spikes and blood sugar surges, increasing inflammation and lowering immunity.
- Processed foods especially high in colourants, preservatives and chemicals all increase inflammation and lower immunity.
- Foods high in saturated fatty acids.
- Excessive alcohol intake reduces white blood cells in the immune system after long term use.
Do's With Usage of BONJOHUSK SACHET 5GM
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Colorectal cancer
- An individual should go for screening tests for checking the existence of a colorectal or similar cancer after the age of 50. Such individuals have a higher risk of getting such cancer, so screening can help detect it before it gets late.
- Patients may also go for a Faecal Occult Blood testing (FOBT) to examine their stool and check for this cancer’s presence. If the tests are abnormal, then a colonoscopy test should be taken.
- Any person who is in the advanced stages of colorectal cancer may go for palliative care, which is a multidisciplinary medical care approach for cancer patients.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Constipation
- Constipation is usually caused by wrong food habits, which disturb the digestion system of the body. Apart from that, try the following:
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day, as it helps in digesting the food faster.
- If you are taking any iron supplement, pl. ask your doctor to change it. Most of the iron supplements cause constipation.
- Control your weight
- Exercise regularly
- Skip sugary drinks, processed hard to digest foods
- Limit red meat
- Choose good fat, remove bad fat from your diet
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Immunity building
- Exercise frequently. At least 30mintes per day of light to moderate exercise 3-5 times a week. Exercise increases immunoglobulin levels, as well as the efficiency of innate system's cells. Extreme amounts of exercise may, however, lead to a weakening of your immune system. Balance is key.
- Reduce stress levels. Learn relaxation techniques. Take frequent breaks. Go on holiday when possible, or take time off from work 3-4 monthly.
- Follow a diet providing optimal nutritional support.
- Assist your body in its functioning. Hydrate and help your body to detoxify. Drink at least 2 litres of clean, purified water per day.
- Optimise sleep quantity and quality. Adults need 6 to 8 hours of good quality sleep per night.
Dont's With Usage Of BONJOHUSK SACHET 5GM
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Colorectal cancer
- Do not rush into for a treatment of this disease as it may not necessarily be fatal to a patient immediately. A polyp in one’s colon may take many years to develop into cancer, which is why immediate treatment such as a surgery is not necessary.
- Do not consume laxatives that may lead to further complications in the intestines.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Constipation
- Don’t over use laxatives as these can cause hard to treat constipation.
- Don’t have a lifestyle of less physical activity.
- Never ignore the urge to go to the toilet.
- Don’t have sedentary life style
- Quit smoking and alcohol
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Immunity building
- Do not expose yourself to sudden changes in extreme temperature environments e.g. walking out into the cold after a full-on gym session.
- Do not smoke. Smoking causes generalised inflammation of body tissues and leads to weakened immunity and poor tissue healing.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfBONJOHUSK SACHET 5GM
- Follow a diet free of preservatives. Eat fresh and organic fruits and vegetables.
- Check your weight and consult a doctor when you notice a sudden weight loss.
- Also, report to the physician if you notice any stomach bloating and don’t ignore assuming it as a gas problem.
- Regular exercise and eating habits can lower risk of cancer.
- Get checked if you think you may get genetically influenced by colorectal cancer.
- Strictly avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Store half a litre of water in the copper jug overnight and drink it empty stomach in morning. This helps in getting rid of every type of constipation. Continue it for a week or a month, depending on the severity of your problem.
- Take one spoon of Isabel in hot milk every day till you get rid of constipation.
Nutritional and complementary substances that have shown to improve immune system functioning include: