CABOPROST 250MCG INJECTION has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of CABOPROST 250MCG INJECTION
Carboprost is used to induce contractions and cause abortion in early pregnancy. It is also used for reducing blood loss within 12-24 hours of child birth.
Side Effects Of CABOPROST 250MCG INJECTION
Side Effects Of Salt: CARBOPROST
Fever, chills, nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea are some of the side effects. The Severe side effect may be sudden onset of diarrhoea.
Contraindications Of CABOPROST 250MCG INJECTION
Contraindications Of Salt: CARBOPROST
People with a medical history of renal, asthma, cardiovascular, inflammation in pelvic region hepatitis diseases need to inform doctor before taking this medicine.
Termination of pregnancy means ending the pregnancy through medical intervention, as a result of which the birth of the baby does not happen. It involves removal of pregnancy tissue and the products of conception.
Termination of pregnancy is also referred to as induced abortion, elective abortion and therapeutic abortion. Approximately one-half of all abortions are done within 8 weeks of conception and around 88% during the initial 12 weeks of pregnancy.
Symptoms Treated With CABOPROST 250MCG INJECTION
Terminating pregnancy results as either a decision taken by the mother due to personal reasons or as a decision taken by the doctor due to medical risks to the baby or the mother.
However, a woman who has terminated her pregnancy will face some side effects. The symptoms she will have are:
- Pain in abdomen
- Abdominal cramps
- Vaginal bleeding
All women might not experience each of these symptoms. Symptoms vary in different women.
Causes of diseases where CABOPROST 250MCG INJECTION is used
Termination of pregnancy is not similar to a miscarriage. Termination is voluntarily aborting the foetus or pregnancy tissue by medication or surgery. Whereas miscarriage means natural loss of pregnancy due to death of the embryo or foetus due to some complications. The body expels dead embryo, and it is an involuntary process.
Either a woman might herself decide to have an abortion, or her gynaecologist might advise termination the pregnancy due to complications. We can sum up the reasons for terminating a pregnancy as:
Personal reasons: At times when a woman has an unplanned pregnancy, she might want to terminate it.
When the pregnancy poses a health risk to the mother, doctors might consider terminating the pregnancy. This is called therapeutic abortion.
When tests and scan reports show, that baby will have a health problem after birth. The probability of baby having any physical or mental abnormality is a strong reason for the doctor to recommend terminating the pregnancy.
You can terminate the pregnancy in two ways:
- By taking a set of medicines prescribed by the doctor.
- By surgically removing the foetus from the uterus.
The gynaecologist will calculate the number of weeks of pregnancy that have passed and will decide which option to take in order to terminate the pregnancy.
However, before taking any decision, the pregnant lady is offered counselling, which helps her in taking the decision, and she’s made aware of the physical and emotional side effects of pregnancy termination.
Worst Foods With CABOPROST 250MCG INJECTION
- Low fibre carbohydrates: Though carbohydrates supply the body with energy, you should avoid the refined and low fibre ones. White rice, white bread, and white pasta are low in fibre and nutritional value, but high in sugar. They tend to fluctuate blood sugar levels in the body and hence you should avoid them.
- Sugar: Sweets, candies, ice creams, carbonated beverages, cakes, pastries and other sugary food have to be avoided because they are high in glycemic index and low in nutritional value.
- Fatty food: Full fat milk and fatty meat have to be avoided because they may cause inflammation, delaying the recovery process.
- Junk food: After an abortion, the body needs food which has high health value. Junk food may satisfy cravings but do not help the body with nutrients. Pizzas and burgers must be eaten only sparingly.
Do's With Usage of CABOPROST 250MCG INJECTION
Do take plenty of rest.
Do go for a medical check-up within a few days.
Do visit the doctor if you suffer from:
- Heavy or prolonged bleeding.
- Smelly discharge from the vagina.
- Severe pain.
You may feel tenderness in the breast after an abortion. A watery discharge from nipples might also be seen. Do use ice packs two to three times a day to soothe the breasts.
Doing yoga, pranayama and meditation will help you to tide over any sort of emotional upheavals that you face after an abortion.
Resume activity only after you feel physically as well as emotionally fit to work.
Dont's With Usage Of CABOPROST 250MCG INJECTION
- Do not use any home methods for termination of pregnancy or take any abortion pills without doctor's advice as it may cause incomplete termination and severe consequences for the woman.
- Do not use tampons or menstrual cups for two to three weeks. This is to avoid any risk of infection. Sanitary towels can be used instead.
- Do not sit in the water for long. Avoid bath tubs and swimming pools. Taking a shower is fine.
- Do not do strenuous exercises for over a week.
- Do not lift heavy objects for few days.
- Alcohol may lead to increased vaginal bleeding. Do not consume alcohol until bleeding stops.
- Do not have sex for up to two weeks after an abortion to minimise the risk of infection.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfCABOPROST 250MCG INJECTION
Termination of pregnancy in itself is very traumatic for the mother. The mother’s decision to undergo an abortion has to be supported by family members, and it should be ensured that the woman has been well taken care of. Post abortion care is as necessary as post-delivery care.