CALPSOR C LOTION 20ML has the following salts in its composition
1) Calcipotriol 2) Clobetasol
Uses Of CALPSOR C LOTION 20ML
It is used as topical application to treat many allergic skin conditions such as:
It works by reducing the in inflammation of the skin, redness and itching.
Side Effects Of CALPSOR C LOTION 20ML
- It may sting, cause an irritant dermatitis (dry itchy rash) on facial skin. Use cautiously in psoriasis affecting this area.
- When used on other sites, wash hands carefully to reduce the chance of inadvertent application to the face.
- Peeling around the edge of the plaques on treated psoriasis may develop.
- Surrounding skin may be irritated (become dry, red and itchy).
- Roughly 1% is absorbed through the skin. An overdose (> 100g/week) may have an effect on calcium metabolism. Please monitor calcium levels in blood and urine, if you are using large doses.
Side Effects Of Salt: Clobetasol
Some of the common side-effects are:
- These may appear on first time application.
Consult your doctor if any of the following severe side effects occurs:
- Unwanted hair growth
Contraindications Of CALPSOR C LOTION 20ML
Contraindications Of Salt: Calcipotriol
- Use on face
- Evidence of vitamin D toxicity
Contraindications Of Salt: Clobetasol
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Pregnant or planning for pregnancy, breast feeding
- Alopecia areata is also known as spot baldness. It is an autoimmune disease which results in hair loss from some or all areas of the body. Usually, the loss is from the scalp as body fails to recognize its own body cells and subsequently destructs its own tissues. Usually, it results in bald spots on the scalp, especially in the initial stage. In very few cases, hair loss can spread to the entire scalp or the entire skin.
- There are two types of alopecia areata:
- Scarring alopecia: There is inflammation, fibrosis, and loss of hair follicles.
- Non-scarring alopecia: The hair shafts are gone but the hair follicles are preserved. This makes this category of alopecia reversible.
Psoriasis is a long-lasting autoimmune disease. In psoriasis, skin cells multiply 10 times faster than their normal. The volume of underlying cells, which reach the surface of the skin and die, causes red and raised plaques. These are covered with white scales. Psoriasis usually occurs on elbows, knees, and scalp, though it may also occur on palms, soles of feet or torso.
There are mainly five types of psoriasis: plaque, inverse, guttate, pustular, and erythrodermic.
- Acne, known as Acne Vulgaris, is one of the commonest dermatological complaints.
- Acne is especially prevalent during puberty and young adulthood, although some people may still suffer from it into their middle years. Acne is known in the general population as "pimples."
- Acne occurs when skin pores are blocked by excess sebum (natural oil produced by the skin) and by dead skin cells. As the sebum builds up, it causes inflammation of the surrounding skin. The lump that forms under the skin because of this blockage is called a comedo. A group of lumps is called comedones.
- If not treated properly acne can lead to permanent scarring. Acne also has important psychological implications such as low self-esteem, anxiety, and depression, especially in youths.
Eczema also called atopic dermatitis, is a set of skin conditions that cause the skin inflammation and irritation.
It commonly appears on face, wrists, hands, knees or feet. It may also affect other areas.
Eczema is not contagious; hence there is no risk of it getting spread from one person to another.
Symptoms Treated With CALPSOR C LOTION 20ML
What Are The Symptoms Of Alopecia
What Are The Symptoms Of Psoriasis
Symptoms of psoriasis vary from patient to patient, depending upon the type of psoriasis they have. The common symptoms of plaque psoriasis are:
- Red skin plaques covered with silver coloured loose scales. These plaques can be painful, itchy and may sometimes bleed after cracking. In severe psoriasis, the plaques of irritated skin grow and merge with each other, and cover larger areas.
- Disorder of toenails and fingernails, including pitting and discoloration of nails.
- There may be swelling and pain in joints due to psoriatic arthritis.
What Are The Symptoms Of Acne
- Acne starts out as comedones. People with acne present with blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, pustules (commonly known as “pimples”) or nodules (lumps that form under the skin). Often people with acne suffer from an oily skin complexion.
- Acne is classified as either inflammatory or non-inflammatory acne.
- Comedones are non-inflammatory acne. They can either be closed (whiteheads) or open (blackheads). The color of a blackhead is not debris or an indication of bad skin hygiene, but melanin (the skin’s surface pigment).
- Inflammatory acne occurs when bacteria invade the skin, causing papules or pustules (pimples). Nodules and cysts are also inflammatory lesions. Nodules are deeper skin lesions, while cysts are fluid-filled lumps.
- Acne usually presents in common areas of increased oil production such as the forehead, nose, chin, chest and upper back.
- Acne can be classified as mild, moderate or severe, depending on the amount and type of lesions.
What Are The Symptoms Of Eczema
Eczema, irrespective of the part of body affected, has following symptoms:
- Dark, thick and patchy skin
- Cracked and rough skin
Causes of diseases where CALPSOR C LOTION 20ML is used
What Are The Causes Of Alopecia
- Genetic causes
- Autoimmune reaction (body’s own immune system killing healthy cells)
- Asthma, thyroid, hay fever (people having these diseases are more prone).
What Are The Causes Of Psoriasis
- Weak immunity, in which white blood cells start attacking skin cells mistakenly.
What Are The Causes Of Acne
- Causes of acne are multifactorial. There are many myths surrounding causes and home remedies.
- Genetics play the largest role (estimated in 80%) of acne cases.
- Hormones, especially increased testosterone during puberty, play the second biggest role. Androgens increase the production of sebum by the skin’s oil glands as well as an increased production of cells found in the skin’s epidermis (top layer).
- Hormonal changes during normal menstrual cycles, as well as pregnancy also play a role in women.
- The bacteria, Propionibacterium Acnes, which is usually found on the skin, is another important role player. The areas of inflamed skin surrounding comedones make it easier for bacteria to accumulate and grow.
- Although there are many myths surrounding diet in acne, there are few scientific conclusions around its actual role. Carbohydrates and milk products have shown some suggested links, but none are definitive.
- Facial hygiene is important, but plays a small role, especially in severe acne.
What Are The Causes Of Eczema
Exact causes of eczema are still unknown, but it is often triggered by an overactive response by body’s immune system to an irritant. People who have the family history of certain allergies or asthma are more at risk of developing eczema.
Certain foods like nuts or dairy products can also trigger eczema. Environmental factors or pollens also trigger eczema in some patients.
Worst Foods With CALPSOR C LOTION 20ML
What Are The Worst Foods For Alopecia
- Animal fat, especially meat
- Acidic food, other substances that might trigger off inflammation
- Dairy products including milk
- Sweets & other sugary foods
- Refined foods, like bakery items
- Oily, Fried and greasy food
What Are The Worst Foods For Psoriasis
The following foods should be avoided as they are known to cause or increase inflammation:
- Fatty red meats
- Processed foods
- Dairy products
- Refined sugars
- Nightshade vegetables including tomatoes, potatoes and peppers.
What Are The Worst Foods For Acne
- Avoid foods with a high-glycaemia component (simple sugars/carbohydrates)
- White rice, Rice cakes, Potatoes, Puffed cereals, White Bread, Pasta, Sugar in any form- Honey, and fructose (bananas, mangoes, apricots, pineapples)
- Some studies have linked dairy to acne, although the response is based on the individual
- If you have excluded both carbohydrates and dairy from your diet, and you still struggle with acne, it is advised to consult your doctor for treatment
- If you are already on treatment for acne, eliminating these foods may be complementary.
What Are The Worst Foods For Eczema
Following foods may not cause allergies, but can trigger inflammation. Hence, if you have eczema, you should limit your intake of:
- Soy, Soy sauce, pickles, spicy foods
- Dairy products
- Foods containing preservatives or having artificial ingredients. Foods in this category are fast foods, junk foods, trans fats, margarine etc.
- Oranges, tomato, grapes and grape products like wine, grape juice etc. Grapes are rich in MSG, which worsens eczema.
- Kiwi fruit, a strongly acidifying food.
- Avocado, good food to have in the diet when you don’t have eczema. But those who have eczema should avoid it as it worsens the disease.
Do's With Usage of CALPSOR C LOTION 20ML
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Alopecia
- Wear glasses while going outdoors, in case you have lost eye lashes. Eyes are protected from airborne particles.
- Protect scalp skin from sun damage with a hat, sunscreen or wigs.
- The patient may experience low esteem or depression after losing hair. Hence, emotional support by family and treating doctor plays the import role.
- Many patients get their hair back within a short span, without any treatment. However, this mainly depends upon your immune system settling back to normal.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Psoriasis
Please follow your doctor’s advice. Also, you can manage the disease better and control flare ups by following the following tips:
- Keep your body moisturized because dry skin worsens the symptoms. Oily and thick moisturizers are better.
- Use a humidifier when it is dry to keep your skin moist.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
Eat right, exercise, and maintain a healthy weight.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acne
- Consult your doctor sooner rather than later. Early treatment is important, especially for moderate to severe acne, to prevent scarring
- Sunlight has some anti-inflammatory effects. Moderate sunlight exposure may help curb the inflammation, but be sure to use a non-comedogenic sunscreen
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Eczema
- Moisture your skin frequently.
- Keep sweat to the minimum to avoid flare ups.
- Identify your eczema triggers and avoid them.
- Wear cotton clothes. Wear loose clothes.
- Avoid hot water baths and it can lead to flare ups. Take room temperature baths.
- If you need to do a work, which requires affected parts to get wet, try some protection (e.g. gloves on hands if you have eczema on hands)
Dont's With Usage Of CALPSOR C LOTION 20ML
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Alopecia
- Stress is a major trigger for Alopecia areata. Hence, avoid stress.
- Drinking alcohol and eating too sugary foods can also trigger the disease, hence avoid these things.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Psoriasis
- Never pick or pick your scales or patches. It can worsen your psoriasis.
- Certain medications like lithium, propranolol, quinidine etc. are known for flaring up psoriasis. Hence, avoid taking these types of medications if you have psoriasis.
- Dry and cold weather makes symptoms worse in many people. Hence, avoid dry and cold weathers. Hot weather is better, though sometimes it may not be so.
- Avoid scrapes, bumps, cuts and infections as they can flare up a condition called Koebner's phenomenon.
- Don’t go out in sun for more than 20 minutes at a stretch. Apply sunscreen before going out.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acne
- Skin moisture balance is essential. Do not over dry your skin with cleaning products. Over drying will cause the skin to produce more sebum, creating a vicious circle.
- Do not use facial scrubs too often, as the exfoliation may worsen the skin’s irritation
- Although it can be very tempting, do not "squeeze" the acne as it causes a spread of bacteria, that can lead to more acne, and may result in scarring.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Eczema
- Don’t scratch the itchy skin.
- Avoid extreme temperatures.
- Avoid tight clothes.
- Avoid synthetic clothes.
- Avoid stress as it can increase the irritation.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfCALPSOR C LOTION 20ML
What Are The Tips For Psoriasis
- Avoid fragrances as most soaps and perfumes contain dyes & other chemicals that may irritate your skin.
- Take bath with lukewarm water and moisturize your body immediately after taking bath.
- Avoid stress and include yoga, meditation in your daily routine.
What Are The Tips For Acne
- Zinc and Omega 3 supplementation can be added to maintain normal skin function. Increase water intake (2 liters per day) to help your body detoxify.
- Natural oils, such as tea tree oil, applied topically oil has shown some benefit in mild acne. It is always best to consult your physician first before using any complementary products, as it may interfere with other medications that you are on.