CAPCID D 10MG20MG TABLET has the following salts in its composition
1) Domperidone (10mg) 2) Omeprazole
Uses Of CAPCID D 10MG20MG TABLET
It is antiemetic drug helps in enhancing the gastrointestinal motility.
It is found to beneficial in the treatment of following conditions:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Functional dyspepsia (impaired digestion)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Paediatric reflux (gastroesophageal reflux disease)
Omeprazole is used for treating and managing the following:
- Gastrointestinal motility, gastroesophageal reflux disease, gastritis
- Erosive esophagitis (damage caused to esophagus from stomach acid)
- Other conditions caused due to excessive stomach acid.
It works by reducing the acid produced in stomach.
It helps in relieving the symptoms like heart burn, persistent cough or difficulty in breathing etc. caused due to above diseases.
Side Effects Of CAPCID D 10MG20MG TABLET
Some of the side effects of domperidone are:
- Dryness of mouth
- Allergic reactions such as hives, itching and rashes.
- Increase in prolactin level which may result in conditions such as irregular menstrual cycle, breast pain, breast enlargement in females and erectile dysfunction in males.
Consult your doctor if any of the above listed side effects gets worsen.
- Rarely seen CNS related side effects are:
Side Effects Of Salt: Omeprazole
Some of the common side-effects include:
Please inform your doctor immediately if you any symptoms of low potassium level in body (unusually slow or fast heartbeat), muscle spasms or signs of lupus.
Contraindications Of CAPCID D 10MG20MG TABLET
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Cardiac disorder
- Hepatic impairment
- Renal impairment
- Increased levels of prolactin
- Ruptured bowel
Contraindications Of Salt: Omeprazole
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
Irritable Bowel Syndrome is a group of symptoms characterized by abdominal discomfort along with troubled bowel habits. It is not the as inflammatory bowel disease but a more serious condition that causes inflammation in the digestive tract and can result in severe complications. It is a chronic condition and seeks a long-term management. Unlike Inflammatory Bowel Disease, this does not cause changes in bowel tissue. It is classified based on the predominance of diarrhea or constipation or both such as:
- IBS-D: Diarrhoea-Predominant.
- IBS-C: Constipation- Predominant.
- IBS-A: Alternating stool pattern (also IBS-M).
- IBS-U: For those who don’t fit under any of the above categories.
Acidity is a set of symptoms caused due to excess production of acid by gastric glands of the stomach. The stomach usually secretes hydrochloric acid that is required for breakdown and digestion of food eaten by us. Excess production of hydrochloric acid causes acidity.
When the lining of the tube which carries the food that you eat from the mouth to the stomach i.e. the esophagus is inflamed, the condition is known as esophagitis. If the condition is not treated, this can turn serious and cause problems in swallowing, scarring and narrowing of the esophagus and ulcers.
There are different kinds of esophagitis:
- Reflux Esophagitis: When the stomach acid gets into the food pipe and irritates the esophagus and causes heartburn. This is known as GERD or gastroesophageal reflux disease. GERD can damage the esophageal tissue and the swelling caused is known as reflux esophagitis.
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis: When white blood cells accumulate in the esophagus. This may be caused due to allergies to milk, wheat, eggs, soy, beans, rye, beef, nuts or pollen.
- Drug-Induced Esophagitis: Also known as medication-induced or pill-induced esophagitis. This is caused due to injury or irritation of the esophagus caused by taking pills without sufficient water.
- Infectious Esophagitis: This can be caused due to bacterial, viral or fungal infections and occur in those with weak immune systems suffering from cancer, HIV/AIDS, diabetes or those taking antibiotics or steroids.
- Lymphocytic Esophagitis: Occurs when there is a presence of a large number of lymphocytes in the esophagus.
- Erosive Esophagitis: When the condition of esophagitis starts wearing away the esophageal lining, it is known as erosive esophagitis. This is caused due to acid reflux, taking certain pills or drinking corrosive liquids. This causes erosion or lesions in the esophagus, which is very painful.
Symptoms Treated With CAPCID D 10MG20MG TABLET
The common symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome are listed as:
- Diarrhea: - People affected with symptoms such as diarrhea are prone to get irritable bowel syndrome with diarrhea. It is characterized by a sudden disturbance in the bowel movement, accompanied with loose stools and frequent stools. Control over bowel is lost in extreme IBS-D cases.
- Constipation: - People who usually suffer from constipation are considered to have irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (known as IBS-C); it is characterized by the passing of lumpy, hard and infrequent stools.
- Bloating or presence of a lot of gas.
- Abnormal stool consistency.
- Sticking out belly.
- Feeling of an early fullness of abdomen.
- Incomplete emptying of the bowel is experienced most of the times.
- Feeling of urgency to rush to a restroom.
- Fatigue, Pain in muscles.
- Pain in lower back, Headache.
- Weight loss, Rectal bleeding.
- Disturbed and improper sleep.
- Sexual de-functioning.
- Heart burn.
- An appearance of white or clear mucus in the stools.
- Abdominal Pain that grows with time and mostly occurs at night.
What Are The Symptoms Of Acidity
Common symptoms of acidity are:
- Ulcers in stomach
- Gastric inflammation
What Are The Symptoms Of Esophagitis
Some of the symptoms of esophagitis are:
- Pain in the abdomen
- Difficulty and pain when swallowing
- Foods gets stuck in the esophagus
- Nausea and vomiting
- Heartburn and pain in the chest while eating
- Lack of appetite, a cough
- Sores in the mouth
Causes of diseases where CAPCID D 10MG20MG TABLET is used
The following are cited as the possible causes for irritable bowel syndrome:
- Abnormal movements of the digestive tract.
- Certain foods: People with irritable bowel syndrome experience worsening of the symptoms due to food sensitivity or allergy from certain foods like spices, fruits, fats, beans, milk, cauliflower, chocolates, broccoli, carbonated and alcoholic drinks, etc.
- Stress: People dealing with stress face more severe or aggravated symptoms of Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Hormones: Women are more prone to Irritable bowel syndrome. During menstrual cycle symptoms of IBS get worsened.
- Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth.
- Overuse of antibiotics.
- Bowel muscle spasm.
- Deficient enzyme where the pancreas doesn’t release required enzymes, and it results in a breakdown of food or improper digestion.
What Are The Causes Of Acidity
Acidity can be caused by any of the following reasons:
- Eating spicy foods, junk foods, irregular eating
- Sedentary life style
What Are The Causes Of Esophagitis
Esophagitis can be caused due to:
- Infections due to virus, bacteria, fungus or any disease (herpes, candida, etc.)
- Irritation causing esophagitis:
- GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease), surgery, vomiting
- Medications (anti-inflammatory drugs, aspirin)
- Trying to swallow a big pill with very little or without any water or taking it before bedtime.
- Hernias, swallowing some toxic substance
- Injury due to radiation, allergies
Worst Foods With CAPCID D 10MG20MG TABLET
These are the important foods to combat Irritable bowel syndrome:
- Soda and fizzy drinks: This increase acid-reflux in the stomach and can trigger the symptoms.
- Sulfurous Vegetables: Sulphurous vegetables like onions, garlic, Brussels, cauliflower can produce gas and cause flatulence, distension and bloating.
- Wheat: It contains compounds like gluten and fructans which may be poorly digested in the patients with Irritable bowel syndrome.
- Spicy food: These are found to be triggering factors in the syndrome and can worsen the symptoms.
- Coffee: Caffeine present in coffee is said to stimulate the increase in the movement of intestinal muscles.
- Gas-producing foods: These include beans, cabbage, broccoli, peas, etc which worsen the bloating in the belly.
- Lactose: Reduce the amount of lactose as it increases the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Some lactose containing foods are milkshakes, ice creams, butter, milk, cream sauces, whipping cream, custards, and puddings.
- Artificial sweeteners: These interfere in the normal process of digestion and can severe the symptoms. Few foods containing artificial sweeteners are soft drinks labeled as diet, sugar-free biscuits, sugar-free ice creams, etc.
- Sweet fruits and vegetables: The sugar found in these contains fructose, which may not be digested well. Some such fruits are grapes, bananas, and berries.
What Are The Worst Foods For Acidity
- Spicy foods
- French fries and other fried foods
- Fatty red meat
- Citrus fruit
- Fatty red meat
- Butter, oil,
- Chocolate, caffeine
What Are The Worst Foods For Esophagitis
- Avoid spicy foods, spicy curries, chilies, and pepper from your diet as they can irritate the esophagus and worsen the condition of esophagitis.
- Avoid citrus fruits and fruit juices like oranges, grapes, tomatoes, grapefruit and their juices as they aggravate the condition of esophagitis.
- Avoid alcohol and beverages containing caffeine such as coffee, sports, and energy drinks, tea, etc. as they irritate the esophageal lining.
- Avoid raw vegetable and fruits, crackers, whole grains, seeds and nuts as they may be difficult to swallow by the person suffering from esophagitis.
- Avoid fatty and fried foods as the excess oil can worsen the condition of esophagitis. Also, these foods are more difficult to swallow.
- Avoid chocolate as this can worsen the esophagitis.
Do's With Usage of CAPCID D 10MG20MG TABLET
The most effective tips for patients with irritable bowel syndrome are:
- As meals can trigger symptoms, it is recommended to take 5-6 smaller meals instead of 3 large meals.
- Follow regular workout regime to maintain a normal bowel movement.
- Aim to consume at least 6 to 8 glasses of water daily as it will keep things moving in your body and helps you cope with constipation. Also, intake plenty of fluids to reduce constipation.
- Stress is one of the major causes of irritable bowel syndrome hence; consultation is must with a psychiatrist as they can help one to overcome stress by examining how the patient reacts to day to day events that occur in his/her life.
- Do yoga: Yoga and deep breathing help to beat stress and one should breathe from diaphragm rather than chest as it helps in relaxing abdominal muscles. Subsequently, it leads to regular bowel activity.
- Try Biofeedback Therapy as this therapy slows down one’s heart rate and helps in overcoming muscle tension further helping in the improvement of bowel movement.
- One can involve in leisure activities like listening to music, the sport of one’s choice, reading, shopping, etc. as this can help in distressing.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acidity
- Eat small and frequent meals.
- Shed excess weight.
- Identify your trigger foods and avoid them.
- Avoid stress as this is one the major causes of acidity.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Esophagitis
- Losing weight can help to prevent the condition of esophagitis.
- Stay upright while you’re eating food and after eating remain upright for around 2-3 hours.
- Raise your bed by around 4-6 inches by putting blocks under the bed head. Avoid using pillows as this can exert pressure on the abdomen.
- Follow a healthy diet that does not irritate the esophagus.
- Take small bites of your food and chew the food slowly and properly to reduce the irritation caused to the esophagus.
- Eat smaller and more frequent meals instead of 3 large ones.
- Eat foods that are soft and easy to digest.
- Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.
- Use a straw to make drinking liquids easier.
Dont's With Usage Of CAPCID D 10MG20MG TABLET
The following are the things to avoid in the management of irritable bowel syndrome:
- Avoid rush while eating as it can trigger stress.
- Don’t skip breakfast as it is important to stimulate the colon.
- Since anxiety and stress can worsen the situation in Irritable Bowel Syndrome, one should avoid taking any stress.
- Do not drink water while eating the food. Always consume water an hour after or before taking the meals.
- Do not take medication that worsens IBS symptoms. Few such medications are certain antidepressants, antibiotic and medicines containing sorbitol, such as cough syrups.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acidity
Don’t take late night snacks.
Don’t ignore the symptoms.
Don't smoke or consume alcohol.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Esophagitis
- Avoid eating 3 hours before going to bed or lying down.
- Avoid wearing tight clothes, as this can worsen the esophagitis condition.
- Avoid medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin, etc. as these irritate the esophagus.
- Avoid overeating and stop eating before you feel full.
- Avoid bending or stooping especially after eating.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfCAPCID D 10MG20MG TABLET
- Make time to eat amid any busy schedule and follow a proper routine.
- Practice meditation to reduce stress and anxiety.
- Have enough sleep to avoid stress.
Some home remedies for esophagitis are:
- Following techniques such as guided imagery, muscle relaxation, meditation, breathing techniques, walking or taking up some calming activity can help to reduce stress and anxiety and help in reducing reflux and heartburn associated with esophagitis.
- Acupuncture can help to reduce the heartburn caused by esophagitis.
- You can use herbs such as marshmallow, chamomile, slippery elm, licorice, etc. as a remedy for reflux and heartburn. However, before you take any herbal remedies, it is a good idea to check with your doctor.
- Aloe vera juice can help to calm the digestive ducts and can help to reduce the pain caused by the condition of esophagitis.
- Mix a1-2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar in water and have this before meals for relief from the symptoms of esophagitis.
- Eating red apples can help to prevent the inflammation, irritation and acid reflux caused due to esophagitis.
- Raw ginger can help to treat heartburn, reflux and stomach ailments. You can chew raw ginger or include it in your diet or drink ginger tea for relief from the symptoms caused by esophagitis.
- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda in water and drink it before the fizzing stops for quick relief from heartburn and acid reflux caused by esophagitis. However, you should avoid this if you suffer from high blood pressure.