CARPELA TABLET 21`S has the following salts in its composition
1) Cyproterone 2) Ethinylestradiol
Uses Of CARPELA TABLET 21`S
Cyproterone is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Cancer>Prostate Cancer
- Excessive hair growth in men
- Hyperandrogenism (Excess functioning of androgens)
- Hyper sexuality
- Hormone replacement therapy for transgender women
It is a steroid hormone used as oral contraceptive to control birth. It is used as birth control pill.
Along with these it is used in following conditions:
Side Effects Of CARPELA TABLET 21`S
The common side effects of Cyproterone are:
- Hair loss
- Inability to move legs and arms
- Skin discoloration
- Weight gain
Some severe (but rare) side effects are:
- Impotence or increased or decreased interest in sex
- Swelling of breasts or breast soreness
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Some of the side-effects are:
- Fluid retention
- Weight gain
- Breast tenderness
Please consult your doctor if any of the above listed side effects gets worsen.
Contraindications Of CARPELA TABLET 21`S
Contraindications Of Salt: Cyproterone
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hyper sensitivity towards the drug Cyproterone or any other allergies
- Liver problems
- Kidney problems
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Planning for pregnancy or breast feeding
- Cholestasis of pregnancy (itching in late pregnancy due to liver disease)
- Hepatic tumours
- Active hepatitis
- History of defects in biliary excretion
- Acne, known as Acne Vulgaris, is one of the commonest dermatological complaints.
- Acne is especially prevalent during puberty and young adulthood, although some people may still suffer from it into their middle years. Acne is known in the general population as "pimples."
- Acne occurs when skin pores are blocked by excess sebum (natural oil produced by the skin) and by dead skin cells. As the sebum builds up, it causes inflammation of the surrounding skin. The lump that forms under the skin because of this blockage is called a comedo. A group of lumps is called comedones.
- If not treated properly acne can lead to permanent scarring. Acne also has important psychological implications such as low self-esteem, anxiety, and depression, especially in youths.
- Prostate cancer (happens only in males) begins, when cells in the prostate gland start growing uncontrollably.
- The majority of the prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, which develop from the gland cells. Gland cells are the cells, which make the prostate fluid that is added to the semen.
- Other types of prostate cancer are:
- Neuroendocrine tumours (other than small cell carcinomas)
- Small cell carcinomas
- Transitional cell carcinomas
After a woman reaches her puberty, her breast develops connective tissues, thousands of lobules (small glands, which produce breastfeeding milk) and fat. There are small ducts or tubes that transfer the milk to the nipples. The body cells uncontrollably multiply, in cancer. This excessive growth of cells causes cancer. The types of breast cancers are:
- Lobular carcinoma: This type of cancer is started from the lobules.
- Ductal carcinoma: This cancer begins from the milk duct, and it is the most prevalent type of cancer.
- Invasive breast cancer: In this type, the cells of cancer break out inside the ducts or lobules and infect nearby tissues, which increase the chances of spreading the infection to other body parts.
- Non-invasive breast cancer: In this cancer, the infection is inside the place from where it started, and still It hasn't broken out, but gradually there is a chance of developing the invasive breast cancer.
It is a time in the life of a woman when menstrual periods do not occur for 12 months. This happens when the ovaries in the female body stop working. Menopause is a gradual process, and it does not happen overnight. This transition period is called Perimenopause. In this, the oestrogen level in a woman starts to drop. Every woman experiences it differently. For menopause, the average age of a woman is 51 years. In some females, the age can vary from the early 30s to late 60s. It cannot be determined when a woman is going to experience menopause as there is no lab test which is 100% reliable. Starting age of menstrual cycle is not anyway related to the menopause age. Menopause indicates the end of fertility in the females.
Symptoms Treated With CARPELA TABLET 21`S
What Are The Symptoms Of Acne
- Acne starts out as comedones. People with acne present with blackheads, whiteheads, cysts, pustules (commonly known as “pimples”) or nodules (lumps that form under the skin). Often people with acne suffer from an oily skin complexion.
- Acne is classified as either inflammatory or non-inflammatory acne.
- Comedones are non-inflammatory acne. They can either be closed (whiteheads) or open (blackheads). The color of a blackhead is not debris or an indication of bad skin hygiene, but melanin (the skin’s surface pigment).
- Inflammatory acne occurs when bacteria invade the skin, causing papules or pustules (pimples). Nodules and cysts are also inflammatory lesions. Nodules are deeper skin lesions, while cysts are fluid-filled lumps.
- Acne usually presents in common areas of increased oil production such as the forehead, nose, chin, chest and upper back.
- Acne can be classified as mild, moderate or severe, depending on the amount and type of lesions.
- Pain in urination
- Pain in bones
- Frequent urination, increased frequency of urination at night
- Weak urinary stream
- Less bladder control
The first and foremost sign of breast cancer is the formation of a swollen tissue in the breast, or a lump is formed in the breast, or armpit.
- Few other signs of breast cancer are:
- Skin of the breast may become red along with the small pits like in orange's skin.
- An appearance of rashes on and around the nipples.
- Breasts' shape and size may change.
- Nipples become inverted or sunken.
- Sometimes, Blood containing discharge may ooze out of the nipples.
- Skin of the nipple or breast may start to scale, peel or flake.
- Most of the lumps may not be cancerous, but one must get them examined by health experts.
What Are The Symptoms Of Menopause
The symptoms faced by a woman during menopause are as follows:
- Irregularity in periods: Irregularity in periods is one of the most usual and foremost symptoms of the menopause. In this, some females experience the delay in periods for months and in others, periods may come after every 2-3 weeks.
- Vaginal dryness: Vaginal dryness often occurs while perimenopause. It is generally followed by discomfort and itching. In some females, pain is felt during sex, this condition is called Dyspareunia. Also, some women face inflammation in the vagina which is termed as Vaginal Atrophy. Inflammation occurs due the shrinking and thinning of vaginal tissues and decreased vaginal lubrication due to a drop-in oestrogen level.
- A decrease in fertility: Oestrogen level in the female body drops drastically during the perimenopause which lowers the chance of pregnancy in the females.
- Hot flashes: The upper body may experience sudden heat that spreads downwards or upwards. The skin becomes patchy and red and the female starts sweating. The heart rate may increase suddenly or become irregular than normal palpitations. Hot flashes generally occur in the first year of menopause.
- Night sweats: Sometimes female sweats in bed while sleeping and it lasts for just a few minutes.
- Insomnia: Women suffer from insomnia while going through menopause. It gets difficult for them to stay asleep and fall asleep.
- Urinary issues: Women going through menopause suffer from frequent urination and urinary tract infections like cystitis.
- Mood swings: Mood swing is caused while a woman is going through a menopause.
- Other few symptoms related to menopause are:
- Hair thinning or hair loss.
- Reduction in breast size.
- An Increase in the fat deposit on the abdomen.
Causes of diseases where CARPELA TABLET 21`S is used
What Are The Causes Of Acne
- Causes of acne are multifactorial. There are many myths surrounding causes and home remedies.
- Genetics play the largest role (estimated in 80%) of acne cases.
- Hormones, especially increased testosterone during puberty, play the second biggest role. Androgens increase the production of sebum by the skin’s oil glands as well as an increased production of cells found in the skin’s epidermis (top layer).
- Hormonal changes during normal menstrual cycles, as well as pregnancy also play a role in women.
- The bacteria, Propionibacterium Acnes, which is usually found on the skin, is another important role player. The areas of inflamed skin surrounding comedones make it easier for bacteria to accumulate and grow.
- Although there are many myths surrounding diet in acne, there are few scientific conclusions around its actual role. Carbohydrates and milk products have shown some suggested links, but none are definitive.
- Facial hygiene is important, but plays a small role, especially in severe acne.
- Though exact causes of prostate cancer are not known, following conditions may increase the risk of getting Prostate cancer:
- Age: People of more than 50 years of age are more at risk.
- Family history
- High calcium diet
The exact cause of breast cancer is still unknown. The only known fact about breast cancer causes due to the damage of the DNA of the cells.
Some of the factors that increase the risk of breast cancer are:
- Obesity: Obese women are more prone to develop breast cancer.
- Genetic reasons: History of breast cancer running in one’s family can be one of the causes of breast cancer.
- Exposure to radiations: If some kind of radiation treatment is received in one’s chest in childhood, then there are more chances of developing breast cancer.
- Alcohol consumption: Too much of alcohol consumption can cause breast cancer.
- Smoking: Smoking can also increase the chances of breast cancer.
- Starting of the periods at an early age: When periods begin before the age of 12, there are more chances of developing breast cancer.
- Delaying of the menopause: women with delayed menopause are at a risk of breast cancer.
- Certain inherited genes: Few gene mutations like BRCA1 and BRCA2 can increase the chances of breast and other cancers. These gene mutations are carried from parents to the children.
- Having late Pregnancy: Women who deliver the baby after the age of 30 may develop the chances of having breast cancer.
- No pregnancy at all: If a woman never gets pregnant then they may suffer from breast cancer.
What Are The Causes Of Menopause
Causes of menopause can be as follows:
- Declination of reproductive hormones: Less progesterone and oestrogen hormones are formed by ovaries as a female reaches her late 30s. These are the hormones that control the menstruation - hence, results in decreased fertility.The menstrual cycle becomes shorter or longer, lighter or heavier, less or more frequent when a woman enters her 40s.
- Hysterectomy: It is a surgery in which both the ovaries and uterus are removed and menopause is caused immediately. A woman who has gone through this surgery is most likely to have symptoms like hot flashes and other menopause symptoms which occurs suddenly and not over the period of time.
- Chemotherapy and radiation therapy. These are the therapies given to cancer patients. These therapies can cause menopause, inducing symptoms like hot flashes. ceasing of the menstrual cycle is not permanent always. A patient who has gone through these therapies may face menopause just after the therapy.
- Primary ovarian insufficiency. Sometimes ovaries might fail in producing the normal level of reproductive hormones then it is referred to as ovarian insufficiency.
Worst Foods With CARPELA TABLET 21`S
What Are The Worst Foods For Acne
- Avoid foods with a high-glycaemia component (simple sugars/carbohydrates)
- White rice, Rice cakes, Potatoes, Puffed cereals, White Bread, Pasta, Sugar in any form- Honey, and fructose (bananas, mangoes, apricots, pineapples)
- Some studies have linked dairy to acne, although the response is based on the individual
- If you have excluded both carbohydrates and dairy from your diet, and you still struggle with acne, it is advised to consult your doctor for treatment
- If you are already on treatment for acne, eliminating these foods may be complementary.
Many foods may contribute to the development or spread of prostate cancer. Some such foods are:
- Red meat
- Grilled or barbecued meat
- Processed foods
- Packaged foods
What Are The Worst Foods For Breast cancer
Foods that may affect the breast cancer adversely are:
- Sweet foods: Women who consume more sweets are prone to 27% higher chances of developing breast cancer than the ones who eat fewer sweets. Refined carbohydrate, which is present in sweets increases the blood glucose level because of which more insulin is released. Insulin promotes the growth of cancer cells that may cause breast cancer. Therefore, in order to prevent breast cancer, one must consume sweet food in less quantity. Few sweet foods that are bad are Carbonated sweet beverages, Packed juice, pastries, cakes, cookies, puddings, jam, etc.
- Processed meat: Some researchers have proved that the component used in processed meat like preservatives can develop the compounds, which increase the growth of the cancer cells. A few types of processed meats one should avoid are the hot dog, deli meat, ham, and bacon.
- Grapefruit: Grapefruit possibly elevates the estrogen level, which increases the risk of breast cancer. According to a research, a female who consumes a quarter of a grapefruit every day is at 30% higher risk of developing breast cancer than the ones who don’t consume grape fruit.
- Vegetable oils: Vegetable oil contains polyunsaturated fats that may result in an oxidation process in a body. Free radicals and few chemicals are produced during the oxidation process, which increases the risk of breast cancer. Few vegetable oils that one must not consume are soybean, corn, sunflower and safflower oil.
What Are The Worst Foods For Menopause
Few foods to avoid completely during the menopause phase are as follows:
- Alcohol: Consuming alcohol regularly and in heavy amount can worsen the symptoms of menopause such as mood swings.
- Caffeine: Caffeine containing beverages can affect negatively on sex hormones and can aggravate menopause symptoms like insomnia and mood swing. One can always replace caffeinated beverages with herbal drinks.
- Spicy food: Spicy food has an adverse effect on the symptoms of menopause like hot flashes.
- Meat: It is important to keep the body weight regulated while menopause. consumption of meat can end up in the increase in body fat ultimately increasing the body weight.
- Refined carbohydrates: Refined carbohydrates consumption can lead to the symptoms of menopause like fatigue and mood swings.
- Sugar containing food: One should not increase the sugar intake as it can lead to increased weight. Body weight regulation is important while facing the menopause period.
Do's With Usage of CARPELA TABLET 21`S
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acne
- Consult your doctor sooner rather than later. Early treatment is important, especially for moderate to severe acne, to prevent scarring
- Sunlight has some anti-inflammatory effects. Moderate sunlight exposure may help curb the inflammation, but be sure to use a non-comedogenic sunscreen
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Prostate cancer
- Manage your weight as men who are overweight have the higher risk of getting prostate cancer.
- Regular exercise reduces the risk of prostate cancer.
- Quit smoking.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Breast cancer
Preventive tips for the breast cancer are:
- One must follow an exercise routine including yoga: A well-planned exercise routine may reduce the risk of breast cancer. Exercise can increase the ratio of bad (16alpha_hydroxyestrone) to good (2-hydroxyestrine) and changes the metabolism of estrogen in one's body.
- Yoga helps to regulate and balance one's hormones and endocrine system. It also helps to develop the immune system and to increase the flow of the lymph. Increased lymph flow is necessary for the drainage of the toxin from the armpits and breast.
- Self-examine and massage your breast: The first step in finding out breast cancer is finding a lump in breast or armpit by massaging them.
- Maintain fat and the right composition of the body: Visceral adipose tissue and obesity can cause extreme inflammation, which can lead to breast cancer. Hence, the target should be the reduction of the fat by the help of an expert who has complete knowledge of lifestyle changing therapies.
- Try to reduce other causes of inflammation in one's body: Get tested for food allergies and remove those food items from one’s foods list. As allergic foods may cause inflammation, which increases the risk of breast cancer. Also, get examined for certain chronic infections in sinuses, mouth, and guts and get them treat.
- Inflammation weakens the immune system which results in an in increase of the cancer cells.
- Breastfeed your baby: Breastfeeding can lower the chances of breast cancer.
- Sleep well: According to a few studies women sleeping less develops the chances of breast cancer hence, it is very important to take an undisturbed and good sleep of at least 7-8 hours per day.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Menopause
Certain do's one should keep in mind during the menopause phase:
- Keep oneself Hydrated: Human body is made 70% of water hence hydration is necessary to maintain the level of water in the body. In the case of menopause, hydration becomes even more necessary as it can worsen the symptoms of menopause like mood swings.
- Use vaginal lubricants: Vaginal dryness is caused by menopause which can cause a lot of frustration and it can also create disturbance in your sexual relationship.
- Include 15 min of deep breathing in your daily routine: Stress is the reason of all kind of problem and it can worsen hormonal issues in menopause. Including deep breathing can control Stress hormone called Cortisol which has a very close connection with a lot of sex hormones.
- Keep oneself calm and relaxed: Anxiety can worsen the symptoms of hot flashes that make the menopause period even more uncomfortable.
Dont's With Usage Of CARPELA TABLET 21`S
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acne
- Skin moisture balance is essential. Do not over dry your skin with cleaning products. Over drying will cause the skin to produce more sebum, creating a vicious circle.
- Do not use facial scrubs too often, as the exfoliation may worsen the skin’s irritation
- Although it can be very tempting, do not "squeeze" the acne as it causes a spread of bacteria, that can lead to more acne, and may result in scarring.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Prostate cancer
- Don’t spend too much time on your mobile, laptop or other gadgets as exposure to rays coming out from these can increase the risk of prostate cancer.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Breast cancer
Things one must avoid while suffering from breast cancer or to prevent it are:
- Do not smoke: According to a study published in The National Cancer Journal Institute in 2013, the people with smoking habit are at higher risk of breast cancer by 24% and people who have left smoking are at a higher risk of breast cancer by 13% than the people who do not smoke.
- Do not use toxic products like:
- Plastics containing BPA, which is used for packing and storing water and food.
- Perfumes and personal care products contain hormone disturbing chemicals such as parabens and phthalates.
- Some household chemicals used for cleaning like insecticides and pesticides.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Menopause
Few don'ts to follow during menopause:
- Do not use electronic devices before sleeping: Using electronic devices like cell phone, laptop and television can cause the reduction in the formation of melatonin which is a sleep-inducing hormone, ultimately resulting in insomnia which can create disturbance in sex hormones. This makes the menopause period even more difficult.
- Do not do crash dieting: During menopause sex hormones undergo a change which can further cause an alteration in thyroid hormones. Crash dieting can even alter the functioning of sex hormones. This slower metabolism can be further worsened by a crash diet which makes losing weight even harder.
- Do not smoke: Smoking can cause menopause comparatively earlier and can worsen the symptoms.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfCARPELA TABLET 21`S
What Are The Tips For Acne
- Zinc and Omega 3 supplementation can be added to maintain normal skin function. Increase water intake (2 liters per day) to help your body detoxify.
- Natural oils, such as tea tree oil, applied topically oil has shown some benefit in mild acne. It is always best to consult your physician first before using any complementary products, as it may interfere with other medications that you are on.
What Are The Tips For Menopause
Plan a good workout regime and follow it religiously. Exercises should not be really exhausting and tedious. One should include more of breathing exercises in the routine. Women should try staying active but should not exhaust themselves by performing extreme activities.