CEFTIUS CS 500MG500MG INJECTION has the following salts in its composition
1) Cefoperazone (500mg) 2) Sulbactam
Uses Of CEFTIUS CS 500MG500MG INJECTION
Cefoperazone is an antibiotic, effective in treating Pseudomonas bacterial infections that are otherwise resistant to this category of antibiotics.
Sultamicillin is a combination antibiotic containing ampicillin and sulbactam. It is used for treating certain bacterial infections like:
- Urinary tract infection
- Respiratory infections
- Skin infections
- Pneumonia, bronchitis
- Soft tissue infections
- Abdominal infections
- And any other infection caused by susceptible microorganisms.
Side Effects Of CEFTIUS CS 500MG500MG INJECTION
Common side effects of cefoperazone injection are:
- Yeast Infection of Vagina and Vulva
- Decrease in the Blood-Clotting Protein Prothrombin
Side Effects Of Salt: Sulbactam
Sultamicillin is usually well tolerated. Some of the common side-effects (mild to moderate) include:
- Metallic taste in mouth
- Dry mouth
- Abdominal pain, diarrhea
Contraindications Of CEFTIUS CS 500MG500MG INJECTION
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Liver Problem
- Inadequate Vitamin K
- Clostridium difficile colitis
- Blood Clotting Disorder
Contraindications Of Salt: Sulbactam
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Already on penicillin therapy.
- Any upcoming surgery
Acute bronchitis often referred to as chest cold, is an inflammation of the bronchial tubes.
Bronchial tubes are the airways which carry oxygen from the trachea (windpipe) to the lungs and carbon dioxide back from the lungs to the windpipe. When the bronchial tubes get infected by virus or bacteria, the swell and produce mucus. This mucous causes a cough in the infected person.
Bronchitis can be acute or chronic.
In acute bronchitis, the patient is sick for week and symptoms last for 1-2 weeks. It comes quickly and is usually self-limiting.
In chronic bronchitis, the patient has recurrent episodes of a cough and can last for a long time. A cough is accompanied with mucus for almost up to three months in a year, and it may take around two years to recover fully.
- Bacteria are the single celled, microscopic organisms which are essential for many processes of human body and a few of them are responsible for causing harm. A bacterial infection refers to the condition when there is accumulation of harmful bacteria inside or on the human body.
Pneumonia is an infection of lungs and can happen in one or both lungs. It can be caused by viruses, bacteria, or fungi, though the most common is bacterial pneumonia (especially in adults). Children under the age of 5 are more prone to viral pneumonia.
Pneumonia causes inflammation in alveoli, the air sacs in the lungs. The alveoli (or air sacs) fill with pus or fluid, thus making it difficult to breathe.
Pneumonia in itself is not contagious, but the germs that cause pneumonia can be transferred from one person to another through the air or environment.
- Urinary tract infection is defined as an infection of any part of the urinary system (bladder, urethra, kidneys, and ureters).
Symptoms Treated With CEFTIUS CS 500MG500MG INJECTION
Acute bronchitis is contagious and spreads from person to person. Symptoms include:
- High-grade fever, a runny nose.
- Initial dry cough, which later changes to wet cough with mucous.
- Sneezing, watery eyes.
- Congestion in the nose.
- Head ache, a sore throat.
- Wheezing, tiredness.
- Body pain.
- Complications include high-grade fever, breathlessness, chest pain and pneumonia.
You can notice that the mucous changes in colour from white to green and then to yellow. It just means that your immune system is trying to fight off the infection.
- The symptoms of bacterial infections are running nose, cough, headache, restlessness. The signs of bacterial infection can be easily confused with viral infection; doctors can make out the difference by examining particular signs.
What Are The Symptoms Of Pneumonia
Common symptoms of pneumonia are:
- A cough, cold, fever
- Chills, breathing problems, shortness of breath
- Increased mucous, discolored mucus
- Loss of appetite
Following are the symptoms UTI:
- A burning sensation while urinating
- An intense or frequent urge for urinating, though very may come out when you do so.
- Feeling shaky or tired.
- Pressure or pain in back/ lower abdomen.
- Dark, bloody, cloudy or strangely foul smelling urine.
- Chills or fever indicating that the infection may have reached the kidneys.
Causes of diseases where CEFTIUS CS 500MG500MG INJECTION is used
Acute bronchitis occurs more frequently in children and elderly people. However, all age groups are at risk of getting this disease.
- The main cause of this infection is a respiratory virus. Around 10% of cases are caused by a bacterial infection. Other factors which might increase the risk of an infection are:
- It is more common in the winter months.
- Repeated exposure to other persons with bronchitis or the common cold.
- People with a previous condition of upper respiratory tract infection may also get acute bronchitis.
- Exposure to dust, pollutants, chemical fumes, etc.
- Inhaling cigarette smoke.
- Failure to take vaccinations against diseases like whooping cough, pneumonia, and flu.
- Weakened immunity system makes it easy for viruses to cause infections.
- Bacterial Infections can be caught by someone’s sneezing, coughing, sex, contaminated food or water, infected pets or livestock.
What Are The Causes Of Pneumonia
There are more than 30 causes of pneumonia. The most common ones are:
- Airborne irritants
These germs overpower the immune system after entering the lungs and invade nearby delicate lung tissues. Children going to school, patients admitted to hospital are more at risk of getting pneumonia as the presence of germs is more at such places because of more probability of sick patients being there.
Some types of pneumonia, like Legionnaires' disease, are contagious only in certain environments. It is caused by a bacterium called Legionella pneumophila, and it may only occur to those people who are exposed to a contaminated air conditioning system. It can also happen due to inhaling droplets from fountains, whirlpools, or spas.
Everybody is equally exposed to germs, but the probability of developing pneumonia depends on one’s health, age, and lifestyle.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are caused by microbes such as bacteria that affect the bladder, kidneys and tubes connected to them.
- Women are at greater risk of getting Urinary tract infections. It happens because the tube (called urethra), which carries the urine from the bladder to outside the body, is situated very close to the anus. Bacteria from E.coli like large intestine can easily enter the urethra after escaping the anus. They travel up to the bladder from there and keep infecting the kidney if the infection is not treated. Women have shorter urethras, making them more prone to UTIs, as bacteria can quickly enter the bladder.
- Bacteria can be introduced in urinary tract by having sex with the infected partner too.
Worst Foods With CEFTIUS CS 500MG500MG INJECTION
- Reduce the intake of milk as it tends to increase mucous production.
- Avoid fried food, sugary food and food made from refined flour. Do not eat candies, pastries, fries, ice cream, etc. They contain a lot of sugar and synthetic vitamins, which add little or no value to the body’s nutritional requirement.
- Avoid alcohol as well as caffeinated beverages. They dehydrate the body and make the mucous hard. This makes it difficult to remove from the body.
Foods that must not be consumed if suffering from Bacterial Infection are:
- Unpasteurized and contaminated dairy products
- Protein foods (raw meat, tofu, eggs and fish)
- Raw and dirty fruits15vegetable sprouts
- Salads from market
- Refrigerated salsa
- Uncooked grain and miso products
- Brewed tea
- Unpasteurized juices
- Herbal Supplements
What Are The Worst Foods For Pneumonia
- Avoid strong tea, coffee, and other stimulating beverages.
- Alcoholic beverages
- White flour and products made from wheat-flour are difficult to digest, hence should be avoided.
- White sugar, fried foods, pizzas etc. should also be avoided as they increase bloating in the stomach and make breathing more difficult.
- Dairy products, especially curd increase the production of mucus. Hence they should be avoided temporarily, till you recover fully from pneumonia.
- Avoid excessive salt as salt can make the body retain water. Excess water in the body can lead to breathing problems.
- Chocolate, carbonation, citrus fruits and caffeine: These can irritate the lining of the bladder, and make it easier for bacteria to stick on.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Spicy foods
Do's With Usage of CEFTIUS CS 500MG500MG INJECTION
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acute Bronchitis
- If you are suffering from acute bronchitis, do use a tissue to cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing. This will help in preventing your co-workers or friends from contracting this infection.
- If you are working in factories, do use a mask to avoid inhaling dust and smoke.
- Do wash your hands frequently, especially in the flu season, to get rid of any virus or germs that you might have picked up.
- Use humidifiers if you think there is an increase in humidity in the room.
- Inhale steam three to four times a day so that the mucous gets liquefied. It will clear congestion.
- Do take vaccination for flu every year.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do take rest.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bacterial Infections
- The habit of washing hands frequently must be developed.
- Keep the household objects that are used by many clean (Telephones, keys, doorknobs, taps, sink etc.).
- Wash fruits and vegetables well before eating.
- Toys for toddlers must be kept clean.
- Get properly vaccinated.
- Take care of general well being.
- Keep your ears neat.
- Don’t use cotton swabs, hairpins or clips for cleaning your ears.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Pneumonia
- Get your child vaccinated against pneumonia, chickenpox, and flu. Flu can lead to pneumonia.
- People above 65 years of age should be given at least 2 shots of pneumonia vaccine as they are more susceptible to catching the disease.
- Wash your hands with soap frequently to avoid infections.
- Drink a lot of water as it helps in flushing out the bacteria.
- Drinking one tsp of baking soda mixed in 8 ounces of fresh water helps in reducing the acidity and burning sensation in urine. However, don’t take it for more than a week as soda is high in sodium.
- If you feel cramps around your bladder, use the hot water bottle and apply heat. This will provide relief from pain.
Dont's With Usage Of CEFTIUS CS 500MG500MG INJECTION
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acute Bronchitis
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid being around people who smoke. Passive smoking also causes bronchitis.
- Avoid going out in damp weather.
- If you have acute bronchitis, be considerate of others by not going out in public places, parks and malls.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bacterial Infections
- Avoid consuming contaminated or easily mishandled food.
- Don’t consume stale food
- Avoid smoking and being a passive smoker.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Pneumonia
- Avoid smoking as smokers are more likely to get infections.
- Avoid going close to people who have a cold, pneumonia or other respiratory tract infections.
- Don’t exert yourself too much as it can lead to slow recovery.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urinary tract infection
- Don’t’ hold your urge to pee, as this increases the chances of multiplying the bacteria. Pee as soon as you feel the urge.
- Avoid wiping from back to front, after a bowel movement as germs can get into urethra easily.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfCEFTIUS CS 500MG500MG INJECTION
The most important advice is to quit smoking. Secondly, proper hygiene and sanitation are very important to prevent infections. Add to this, an active lifestyle with a balanced diet plays a great role in staying fit and healthy.
What Are The Tips For Pneumonia
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water per day, and more if possible.