CIROXINE 125 MG DRY SYRUP has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of CIROXINE 125 MG DRY SYRUP
Cefalexin is an antibiotic used to treat certain types of bacterial infections.
Some of the infections treated by Cefalexin are:
- Lungs and airways (respiratory tract), like bronchitis, mild to moderate pneumonia
- Skin or soft tissue, such as wound infection
- Bones and joints
- Urinary tract, genitals
- Teeth, gums or middle ear
Side Effects Of CIROXINE 125 MG DRY SYRUP
Side Effects Of Salt: Cefalexin
The most common side-effects of cephalexin are:
- Dizziness, feeling tired
- a headache, joint pain
Contraindications Of CIROXINE 125 MG DRY SYRUP
Contraindications Of Salt: Cefalexin
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- An allergy to any drugs (especially penicillin)
- Kidney disease
- A history of intestinal problems, such as colitis.
Acute bronchitis often referred to as chest cold, is an inflammation of the bronchial tubes.
Bronchial tubes are the airways which carry oxygen from the trachea (windpipe) to the lungs and carbon dioxide back from the lungs to the windpipe. When the bronchial tubes get infected by virus or bacteria, the swell and produce mucus. This mucous causes a cough in the infected person.
Bronchitis can be acute or chronic.
In acute bronchitis, the patient is sick for week and symptoms last for 1-2 weeks. It comes quickly and is usually self-limiting.
In chronic bronchitis, the patient has recurrent episodes of a cough and can last for a long time. A cough is accompanied with mucus for almost up to three months in a year, and it may take around two years to recover fully.
- Bacteria are the single celled, microscopic organisms which are essential for many processes of human body and a few of them are responsible for causing harm. A bacterial infection refers to the condition when there is accumulation of harmful bacteria inside or on the human body.
- Urinary tract infection is defined as an infection of any part of the urinary system (bladder, urethra, kidneys, and ureters).
Symptoms Treated With CIROXINE 125 MG DRY SYRUP
Acute bronchitis is contagious and spreads from person to person. Symptoms include:
- High-grade fever, a runny nose.
- Initial dry cough, which later changes to wet cough with mucous.
- Sneezing, watery eyes.
- Congestion in the nose.
- Head ache, a sore throat.
- Wheezing, tiredness.
- Body pain.
- Complications include high-grade fever, breathlessness, chest pain and pneumonia.
You can notice that the mucous changes in colour from white to green and then to yellow. It just means that your immune system is trying to fight off the infection.
- The symptoms of bacterial infections are running nose, cough, headache, restlessness. The signs of bacterial infection can be easily confused with viral infection; doctors can make out the difference by examining particular signs.
Following are the symptoms UTI:
- A burning sensation while urinating
- An intense or frequent urge for urinating, though very may come out when you do so.
- Feeling shaky or tired.
- Pressure or pain in back/ lower abdomen.
- Dark, bloody, cloudy or strangely foul smelling urine.
- Chills or fever indicating that the infection may have reached the kidneys.
Causes of diseases where CIROXINE 125 MG DRY SYRUP is used
Acute bronchitis occurs more frequently in children and elderly people. However, all age groups are at risk of getting this disease.
- The main cause of this infection is a respiratory virus. Around 10% of cases are caused by a bacterial infection. Other factors which might increase the risk of an infection are:
- It is more common in the winter months.
- Repeated exposure to other persons with bronchitis or the common cold.
- People with a previous condition of upper respiratory tract infection may also get acute bronchitis.
- Exposure to dust, pollutants, chemical fumes, etc.
- Inhaling cigarette smoke.
- Failure to take vaccinations against diseases like whooping cough, pneumonia, and flu.
- Weakened immunity system makes it easy for viruses to cause infections.
- Bacterial Infections can be caught by someone’s sneezing, coughing, sex, contaminated food or water, infected pets or livestock.
- Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are caused by microbes such as bacteria that affect the bladder, kidneys and tubes connected to them.
- Women are at greater risk of getting Urinary tract infections. It happens because the tube (called urethra), which carries the urine from the bladder to outside the body, is situated very close to the anus. Bacteria from E.coli like large intestine can easily enter the urethra after escaping the anus. They travel up to the bladder from there and keep infecting the kidney if the infection is not treated. Women have shorter urethras, making them more prone to UTIs, as bacteria can quickly enter the bladder.
- Bacteria can be introduced in urinary tract by having sex with the infected partner too.
Worst Foods With CIROXINE 125 MG DRY SYRUP
- Reduce the intake of milk as it tends to increase mucous production.
- Avoid fried food, sugary food and food made from refined flour. Do not eat candies, pastries, fries, ice cream, etc. They contain a lot of sugar and synthetic vitamins, which add little or no value to the body’s nutritional requirement.
- Avoid alcohol as well as caffeinated beverages. They dehydrate the body and make the mucous hard. This makes it difficult to remove from the body.
Foods that must not be consumed if suffering from Bacterial Infection are:
- Unpasteurized and contaminated dairy products
- Protein foods (raw meat, tofu, eggs and fish)
- Raw and dirty fruits15vegetable sprouts
- Salads from market
- Refrigerated salsa
- Uncooked grain and miso products
- Brewed tea
- Unpasteurized juices
- Herbal Supplements
- Chocolate, carbonation, citrus fruits and caffeine: These can irritate the lining of the bladder, and make it easier for bacteria to stick on.
- Artificial sweeteners
- Spicy foods
Do's With Usage of CIROXINE 125 MG DRY SYRUP
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Acute Bronchitis
- If you are suffering from acute bronchitis, do use a tissue to cover your mouth while coughing or sneezing. This will help in preventing your co-workers or friends from contracting this infection.
- If you are working in factories, do use a mask to avoid inhaling dust and smoke.
- Do wash your hands frequently, especially in the flu season, to get rid of any virus or germs that you might have picked up.
- Use humidifiers if you think there is an increase in humidity in the room.
- Inhale steam three to four times a day so that the mucous gets liquefied. It will clear congestion.
- Do take vaccination for flu every year.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Do take rest.
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Bacterial Infections
- The habit of washing hands frequently must be developed.
- Keep the household objects that are used by many clean (Telephones, keys, doorknobs, taps, sink etc.).
- Wash fruits and vegetables well before eating.
- Toys for toddlers must be kept clean.
- Get properly vaccinated.
- Take care of general well being.
- Keep your ears neat.
- Don’t use cotton swabs, hairpins or clips for cleaning your ears.
- Drink a lot of water as it helps in flushing out the bacteria.
- Drinking one tsp of baking soda mixed in 8 ounces of fresh water helps in reducing the acidity and burning sensation in urine. However, don’t take it for more than a week as soda is high in sodium.
- If you feel cramps around your bladder, use the hot water bottle and apply heat. This will provide relief from pain.
Dont's With Usage Of CIROXINE 125 MG DRY SYRUP
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Acute Bronchitis
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid being around people who smoke. Passive smoking also causes bronchitis.
- Avoid going out in damp weather.
- If you have acute bronchitis, be considerate of others by not going out in public places, parks and malls.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Bacterial Infections
- Avoid consuming contaminated or easily mishandled food.
- Don’t consume stale food
- Avoid smoking and being a passive smoker.
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Urinary tract infection
- Don’t’ hold your urge to pee, as this increases the chances of multiplying the bacteria. Pee as soon as you feel the urge.
- Avoid wiping from back to front, after a bowel movement as germs can get into urethra easily.
Other Useful Tips With Usage OfCIROXINE 125 MG DRY SYRUP
The most important advice is to quit smoking. Secondly, proper hygiene and sanitation are very important to prevent infections. Add to this, an active lifestyle with a balanced diet plays a great role in staying fit and healthy.