CLADRIM 10MG INJECTION has the following salts in its composition
Uses Of CLADRIM 10MG INJECTION
Cladribine is used in the treatment of following conditions:
- Hairy cell leukaemia
- B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukaemia
- Langerhans cell histiocytosis
- Erdheim – Chester disease
Side Effects Of CLADRIM 10MG INJECTION
Side Effects Of Salt: Cladribine
The most common side effects of cladribine are:
- Low white blood cell count
- Septic shock
- Low red blood cell count, low platelets
- Temporary hair loss
Please consult a physician if the symptoms are persistent.
Contraindications Of CLADRIM 10MG INJECTION
Contraindications Of Salt: Cladribine
Please inform your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
- Hypersensitivity towards the drug cladribine or any other allergies.
- Current infections, anaemia
- Neutropenia, severe bone marrow suppression
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding
Leukemia is a group of cancers that result in high level of abnormal white blood cells. It usually starts in bone marrow or blood. These white blood cells, called leukaemia cells or blasts, are not fully developed and their DNA gets damaged. Healthy blood cells die after some time and the new one grow. But, in leukaemia, old cells do not die when they need to and keep growing. They occupy more space and eventually leave no space for good cells.
Symptoms Treated With CLADRIM 10MG INJECTION
What Are The Symptoms Of Leukemia
Symptoms may include bruising and bleeding problems, increased frequency of infections, fever, feeling tired, bleeding gums, vomiting, loss of appetite and bleeding in the middle of mensural cycle amongst many others.
Causes of diseases where CLADRIM 10MG INJECTION is used
What Are The Causes Of Leukemia
The exact cause of leukaemia is not known. Environmental and inherited factors both seem to play a vital role in the development of leukaemia. Different types of leukaemia are caused by different reasons. Smoking, certain chemicals like benzene, ionizing radiation, prior chemotherapy, family history of leukaemia and down syndrome are some of the risk factors.
Other factors, which increase the risk of leukaemia, are pollution, smoking, pesticides in foods, water, untreated fungal infections, mercury toxicity, nuclear radiations, cell phone tower radiations, overhead power lines and intestinal toxicity amongst many other factors.
Worst Foods With CLADRIM 10MG INJECTION
What Are The Worst Foods For Leukemia
- Since the stomach gets upset easily after chemotherapy, avoid foods like coffee, spicy foods, tobacco, alcohol etc.
- Sugar, sweets.
- Saturated fats, fried foods as they are difficult to digest.
- Food additives, artificial flavours, refined foods.
- Some patients may experience more stomach upset with dairy products, soy or wheat. Check if your symptoms worsen after taking these items and if the answer is yes, delete them from your food list till you are off the treatment.
Do's With Usage of CLADRIM 10MG INJECTION
What Are The Things One Should Do To Manage Leukemia
- Managing the tiredness and replenishing energy, which one loses in the process of treatment, one needs to manage one’s life in the best possible way:
- Do brief exercises at 5 days a week, as it helps in replenishing the lost energy.
- Aim for at least 10 fruits and vegetables a day to get sufficient vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants.
- As a side effect of chemotherapy, the appetite of patient reduces. Even if you do not feel like eating, take small portions of meals frequently. But one has to force-feed oneself to some extent.
- Depression is the most common thing to happen to a person undergoing chemotherapy. Get the help of professional caregivers and try to involve yourself in various activities.
- Fatigue is caused by anaemia and it should be managed with iron rich foods, iron rich foods and blood transfusion.
- Some patients may experience mental fog (memory loss, confusion, lack of concentration). It could be short term or long term.
- Most of the patients experience hair loss, digestive disorders, oral and dental complications but these are short term and go away as the treatment ends. So, maintain a positive outlook that everything will be alright soon.
- Consider a hair shave before chemotherapy to save the patient from the trauma of hair loss, which is one of the common side effects of chemotherapy.
- Eat steamed food.
Dont's With Usage Of CLADRIM 10MG INJECTION
What Are The Things One Should Avoid To Manage Leukemia
- Don’t smoke, drink alcohol too much as they directly linked to cancer.
- Don’t go for repeated X-rays, unless absolutely necessary.
- Since the body has low immunity during treatment, don’t eat raw fruits or vegetables as they may contain bacteria. Certain fruits like banana and oranges are safe as you take off thick peel before eating.